Lowells and old Barclaycard debt

Wally
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5952 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

Out of the blue I received a letter from Lowells basically asking if I had lived at a previous address, seeing as it was 14/15 years since I lived there I ignored the letter.

I then got another letter stating I owed Barclaycard money and that I needed to contact them so I CCA'd them.

I have now had a letter back stating that they need to go through their archives so in the meantime I should pay £600 otherwise when they get the info I am asking for they will want the full amount immediately.

I do actually have and use regularly a Barclaycard so I dont believe they have a leg to stand on plus it should be time barred anyway even if I did owe something (which am 99.9% sure I dont).

Can anyone suggest a letter I should write to them telling them politley to p*** o**!!:x

Many thanks

Wallyx

If it was me I would ignore it BUT as the debt is in dispute the OFT (I wouldn't even mention that you have a current Barclaycard - let them fall on their own sword) however Guidelines on Debt Collection clearly state:

Section 2.8 (k)

not ceasing collection activity whilst investigating a reasonably queried or

disputed debt.

• Haha 1

Probably a good idea Wal.....send that and see what they say, I would be slightly worried that something could be concocted with your current Barclaycard account......If it was me I certainly wouldn't want it confused in anyway with your current arrangement....

Lowells bought a shed load of Unenforcable and Statute Barred Barclaycard debt in mid December 2007. They are mass mailing people to try and CONvince them that they have a legal right to enforce these alleged debts. Send them the Statute Barred Letter and if they continue to demand payment report them to Leeds TS.

• Haha 1

Just sent the statute barred letter and ended up in the last paragraph threatening them with solicitors and BBC Watchdog:D

So I'll let you know what happens next.

Oh dear yet another headache for poor Andrew.:(

• dx100uk changed the title to Lowells and old Barclaycard debt