WESCOT - Debt settled but credit file not updated as agreed

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5979 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Just wondering if anyone can advise.Had a debt with Wescot for a credit card for a year when they said they would accept a payment of 60% of the debt.

I managed to get in writing from them that they would accept the £800 as a final payment for the account and the account would be closed as settled and all records updated.

I have checked my credit file and instead they have put a note on the account that the account was closed with £700 still owing and instead of the account showing as settled a default is now showing which wasn't there before.

Is there any threat i can issue to them to update my credit file as they agreed to do instead of what they have done.

Thanks for your help on this.Just trying to cleanse my file

Write to Westcott and tell them you are disatisfied with the way they reneged on a written agreement. Ask them what they intend to do about it by way of rectifying their "mistake". In the same letter ask them for details of their complaints procedure. If they send you details of this make a complaint - they have eight weeks from your initial request to resolve the matter. If they can't (or won't) go straight to the Financial Ombudsman Service and complain to him.

Well first of all Wescott are entitled to record a Satisfied Default on your credit file or a Short Settlement Default.

If they have issued a fresh default then it looks like they have made a cock up. Don't worry I have had dealings with Wescott in the past and whilst they are nasty pieces of work on the phone, if they know theyv'e done wrong they will rectify it.

Do not however expect it to be done overnight as this can take upto 21 days.