Metropolitan Collection Services - Action on a stayed claim

Castlebest
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5339 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Got a court hearing date for the 10th july 11am. A little worried as not been to court before. I sent the n244 as advised. What do i need to take to court and what can i expect?

Its better to live one day as a lion than a thousand days as a lamb!!!;-)

Hi johnny ,

Have a look at this thread - round about #135 onward - it may give you some pointers, bearing in mind it's from a defendant's point of view rather than a claimant's............

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/hsbc-bank/130503-court-tomorrow-set-aside.html

Edited by johnnymitch

Nemo me impune lacessit

Advice & opinions given by johnnymitch are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

If you think I've helped you please feel free to tickle my star :-D

Sorry , johnny - please note the # change :oops:

Nemo me impune lacessit

Advice & opinions given by johnnymitch are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Hiya Johnny don't be intimidated by the experience I have been into court about 4 times now and I'm getting to quite enjoy it :D.

Take proof of your own stayed court case for recovery of the penalty charges and details of whats left of the debt that the CCJ was placed against.

Tell the judge you have come to realise the original debt was made up of charges that you believe are unlawful and you are now trying to recover and you think the CCJ should be set aside and both claims joined together and stayed pending the outcome of the test case or both go forward to a court hearing.

That will stop them from using the CCJ against you or force them into a court room (don't worry the judge and the bank wont want the hearing option don't tell them you don't either :D).

and have fun :)

pete

Please do - it adds to our knowledge of the subject to hear someone else's experience ........ :)

Best of Luck

from one johnny to another ......:D

Nemo me impune lacessit

Oops! sorry pete :o I forgot this was your thread..... :D

Nemo me impune lacessit

Aw, thanks pete - :) Spread it then, - spread it!!!!!! :lol:

• Haha 1

Nemo me impune lacessit

Contact Details (MCS)

Freephone: 0500 99 22 99

International: 00 44 121 455 2375

Registered Address:

56 St. James Road

Edgbaston

Birmingham

B15 1JL

Registration Number: 1475006

There you go raz....... same address as HSBC :rolleyes: Surprise,surprise......

If the freephone number doesn't work - I think the number (judging from the international one ) would be : 0121-455-2375 -it is -I've just tried it!LOL!

Edited by johnnymitch

Nemo me impune lacessit

BH - I'm going senile pete, I forgot it was already on your thread - DOH!:o

As a matter of interest I got this from slickwilly on the Barclays site - have you seen it........ and is it worth broadcasting on a sticky do you think........?

(http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/7498178.stm)

Nemo me impune lacessit

Yep! You're probably right pete -just seems to take forever , doesn't it ? :)

Nemo me impune lacessit

• 4 months later...

We were declared bankrupt in June but HSBC recently instructed MCS to collect the debt which formed part of the bankruptcy. The Official receiver wrote to MCS and reminded them of the legal situation. Their response was to send the bailiffs to try and collect my (Motability) car. I have to say that I am worried about their next move - even though they have no legal right to pursue this debt. We have a complaint in to the FSO but it may well be many weeks before they get round to dealing with it. I am thinking of going to the media - does anyone have any experience of this>

Hiya Messy, what Metro are doing to you defiantly constitutes harassment, if they arrive on your doorstep again contact the police and ask for them to be removed, they have no legal backing for continuing to progress the collection of a debt that formed a part of a bankruptcy.

pete

Geez, they're getting worse pete , if that's possible :rolleyes:

This is not a normal DCA , but part of a major bank's collection service . Ignorance of the law is no excuse for them, they work from the same building as the bank's solicitors, for goodness sake ! :mad:

That's good advice from pete ,Messy - don't take any nonsense from them , they can't have a warrant to collect on this ... set the law on them .

Edited by johnnymitch
missed a word! LOL!

Nemo me impune lacessit

They do know they cant take my car becasue it is a Motability car - and in any case it is my husband who is actually bankrupt not me. However, the nearest Police Station is 12 miles away and ofc ourse by the time you have rung the Police and they have actually arrived the bailiffs have gone. I am not to bad at handling these people but I despair for those people who are unable to cope with this intimidation. I really am feeling that I should see if I can interest the media in this but as an ex-journalist I know that any newspaper running this would want some other stories to back mine up - any volunteers?

Oh Hell - I was just about to write as you did to MCS - our debt is part of a bankruptcy and what happens but they telephone and give us 24 hours to pay. My husband is bankrupt but it appears that he made his daughter a partner in the business that went bust and she is now liable for the whole debt. She is blaming us and expecting us to pay - and her husband is extremely threatening. My husband now say that the only person who can make an agreement to pay is me - because I am not bankrupt and dont have a threatening husband - but why the hell should I? The debt is supposedly stayed whilst HSBC sorts out whether the daughter is liable or not - and meantime Im getting all the flak. Excuse the outburst but I am completely ****ed off with the whole thing.

Inland revenue and the Offical receiver were happy that it was a sole trader but HSBC say that becasue a loan form was signed it both names, it constituted a partnership. In fact daughter signed this form because she though as a signatory she had to. She had no idea at the time that this would make her liable for the debt. I complained on their behalf to HSBC when they first came after her that they should have made the terms and condtions clear but they denied any responsibilty for this. Currently, HSBC had told us that they were staying any collection action whist they investigated the complaint but clearly they have not bothered to do so. The pressure from the family on me to sort this out in huge (and of course completely unfair but what can I do).