Paid for one item but got two

cdrsilver
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5993 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I would suggest that you write to the store and make them aware of their mistake. Tell them that you are willing to return the extra item but at their expense i.e travelling or postage costs. They might write back and tell you to keep it.

How would they realise that it was you, did you give your address??? However, the morale obligation would be to simply return the item. You have now dishonestly appropriated property belonging to another with the intention of depriving the other of it. Therefore it is theft although how they woudl get hold of you I do not know.

It is simply on your concious

I am thinking the same as Patdavies, if not then it is up to you and ya conscience, do you treat it as a bonus or return it to the struggling retail chain ? I was on a ferry to Dublin once with my mum & dad and realised after they had changed some money to Euros they were about £20 up and there was a mistake, fine said I next round on you then, no they said, and took it back as they thought the young lad who changed it might get his wages docked ...... no pun intended with being docked on a ferry !! .... but my dad is very wise !!!

Your morals will tell you which direction to take on this matter, okay the cashier has given you ONE item by mistake, ask yourself, if you were given £20 more in ur change, would you bring this to the cashiers attention, or walk out of the store, with a smile on your face, Stores etc have insurance for such happenings, yes you got TWO items for your money, keep it or return it, the choice is yours, if you can live with the mistake there made fine, if you feel gulity, just return the item to the store and explain there error... chances are there wont care, nor thank you for returning the item... does honesty pay thats the choice you have to make....

!2 years Tesco distribution supervisor

7 years Sainsburys Transport Manager

4 Years housing officer ( Lettings )

Partner... 23 Years social services depts

All advice is given through own opition, also by seeking/searching info on behalf of poster, and own personnel dealings.