Link and old Lloyds Credit Card

odds
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 645 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I wrote to the CC Office in Brighton on 8th November, after taking advice from CCCS.

I used a template supplied by them and explained my situation.

I also included an expenditure sheet.

They failed to respond to this,

I sent another copy to Financial Management Units regarding my CC.

This letter was accompanied with one about my personal loan and was sent on 23rd November.

I have had a response about my loan but nothing about my CC, so they obviously have the letter.

Now I have just received my latest bill saying last months payment wasn't made and they want it.

Why would they not reply to my letter ?

Do I need to send it again ?

How can you make these people sit up and bloody listen ?

You are always advised to contact your debtors straightaway, which I have done. My problem is they wont reply !!!! :mad:

Pete.

Thanks for the replies people. I'm not looking for any technicalities to get out of the debt. I am unable to work temporarily due to me waiting for a heart operation. All I wanted from them was a few months grace till I have the op and then reassess the situation. The loan is only 2 yrs old and I still owe 7.5k. I've had the CC longer and that has 9.5k on it.

I'm going to look into Bankruptcy if they keep giving me the runaround and then they will get sod all.

Pete.

Stop worrying, you`ll find lots of advice in here and also make new friends along the way.

Regards

N.P

Cheers Mate

You couldn't lend me 17k could you old mate ;)

4 Calls again today, last 2 were at 20:15, one of them to my mobile.

Is it right to ignore these calls as I have told them to communicate in writing only. This was after just taking the first call off some stroppy bitch last Saturday. :mad:

I am also logging times and dates of calls, so that when they start getting picky they can have my log of calls.

Pete.

Pete.

Even after such a short time on here I'm beginning now to realise that the Banks are quite happy to lend you money, and trust me I could afford it easily at the time so there is no blame on them in that respect. It's like you said, if it goes pear shaped they hang you out to dry.

Just as an interesting little point. When I went to the bank for this loan, I had about 3 months left on my previous one which I was paying off at the same rate per month. The guy actually said that the checks indicated I couldn't afford it, despite paying the same amount for the last 3 years. So he said "Never mind that, I'll overide it" :)

Anyway, the reason I am a bit wary of asking for CCAs and SARs is that I think that they will think I am getting a bit above my station and start getting even more bolshy with me :)

Thanks for your replies N.P, I feel a bit more at ease now :)

Pete.

Also, giving you another loan when they even said you couldn`t afford payments, well, what a bunch of muppets! They owe you an explanation as to why they are trying to trap you into debt.

Regards

N.P

I know this is going to sound so naive and I am quite embarrased (sp) to ask. Will there be any record of that check and his decision to over ride the system, even though he was correct at the time ?

Pete.

Just had my first letter regarding my CC. Damn Post Office it is dated 21st December, but no post mark so I don't know when it was actually posted. This was from the Collections Centre in Andover, the same address as the Financial Management Unit.

So they have decided to totally ignore my other letters, which they most certainly received, regarding circumstances and token payment. Looks like I'm gonna have to send it again, registered this time. :mad:

Pete.

It's just the standard, pay up or contact us immediately one, here it is anyway. There is anothe page but it wont show that I'll have to put it in another post if you want it.

This is the FIRST contact I have had regarding this card.

CCletterpage1.jpg

Pete.

Do you have any charges on this account?

What are you going to do next?

Regards

N.P

They have added £12 late payment charge on this months bill. Minimum payment £375, thats last month and this months minus my £1 I paid last month :)

The bill is dated 20th December and I have contacted them twice well in advance of this in November in writing. So I think I need to re send a letter reminding them of my circumstances and offer the £1 a month untill I have had my heart surgery and then take it from there, seeing as they have totally ignored the first two letters I sent :mad:

At the end of the day if I only have a pound to spare that is all they can have, and I don't even have that to spare !! :)

I might just CCA them at the same time though :)

Pete.

There is one particular part of the above letter that is really winding me up everytime I read it.

“Please make IMMEDIATE CONTACT on the above number, IF:

You have not already made payment or are unable to make payment straightaway.

OR

You believe there will be a problem with future payments being made on time”

Especially the second statement. The fact is I did as they ask well in advance of the account going into arrears. I even put it in writing for them to 2 different addresses. It was THEY who deliberately allowed the account to go into arrears.

Sorry just a bit of a moan and pointing out the double standards with the advice people are given.

Pete.

I've put a letter together pointing out that this is the THIRD time I have written to them ( CC ) explaining my circumstances, dates of letters sent etc, and that I know for a fact that the second one was received by the Collectons department and yet they didn't reply to it. I'm going to send another expenditure sheet and the CCCS template letter re:Token payment and stopping charges and interest. See if they will respond to that, third time lucky maybe :)

Pete.

I can't believe how nice Lloyds are. They have just tried to contact me on my landline and then mobile, obviously to wish me a Happy New Year. :)

Surely they wouldn't want to discuss my finances verbally after me telling them I wouldn't

Pete.

Finally got a letter from my Credit Card this morning, I opened the letter expecting some kind of response to my letter to them. Nope it was a circular with a page full of those silly cheques they send out. :eek:

For just a few moments I contemplated using one of them to pay my monthly token payment :)

Still waiting ..................... I'll give it to middle of next week then it will be CCA time I think, although untill they threaten me with anything I feel a bit guilty :(

Pete.

• 2 weeks later...

At last Lloyds TSB have decided to contact me in writing regarding my CC. The only problem is they seem to be accusing me of NOT contacting them :mad: I know for a fact they have recieved 2 of the 3 letters I have sent with expenditure and circumstances explained and offering token payment. The last one was infact signed for by them 2 days before this letter was dated.

CreditCardFirstLetter.jpg

Now CCCS are saying ignore them, just keep paying your token payment and they will soon get the message. On the other hand I want to give them a kick up the backside and remind them that I HAVE been in contact with them and it is THEY who are making the situation worse (if it could be) :)

By the way in my letter that they signed for I insisted that everything should be in writing, that is why I never answer the phone to them, yet they still phone. One phone call off them was enough to realise why the advice on here is so good, rude arrogant and insisting I make a payment plan over the phone. I don't think so :)

Any advice on a letter to send, or do I just ignore them.

Pete.

• 2 weeks later...

Strange happenings with my Mastercard Account, I went on Internet banking today and just out of curiosity I checked my Mastercard Account. I had no access to previous statements and it said my account had been closed. I also noticed that the Credit limit on the card had been altered from £10,500 to £10,200. I haven't been notified of this as of yet. Anyone understand why this has occured ? If the account is closed why drop the credit limit ? And more importantly should they have notified me that they were changing the Credit Limit on my account ?

Pete.

Hi odds,

You say your Credit Limit has been dropped from £10,500 - £10,200. That seems like a lot of credit you have there, or did you mean your Balance? I`m wondering if you mean balance, because they may have taken £300 worth of charges off.

No it's the Credit Limit on the card not the balance

What is the actual balance on this card? Do you have any charges on this card? Are you in the red on this card? Just wondering, as like I say £10,000+ credit on a card is a lot. How old is this card?

The actual balance is £9.5k, there is omly one late payment charge of £12 plus the usual monthly interest. Not sure how long I've had it to be honest.

Did you ever CCA and S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) this account? Perhaps you should as soon as possible. They usually close the account when they start their reclaim process, either by their Solicitors or Debt Collectors.

I haven't yet, the reason being that the last correspondence from them (posted above) was just another reminder type letter. No mention of Account closure, Credit adjustment, and that was on the 9th January.

Also, do you have a Current Account with Lloyds? I beleive you have, but I`m not sure. If you do, do you have an overdraft on this you are using? If you have they may add this to your Card Account and also you Loan Account and go for the FULL whack from you. Sorry to sound like a downer, but it`s happened to people plenty of times.

I do have a Current Account but I downgraded it to a Basic one and cancelled my overdraught facility, I never used the overdraught anyway, but they have said they will be charging £25 to it for missing Loan payment. This is turn will take the account into the red and so will incur interest charges :mad:

As usual, watching with interest.

Regards

N.P

I have actually just fired a letter off to them actually because they still haven't acknowledged receipt of my expenditure sheet, that I have sent them 3 times, so I'll wait to hear from that and then think about the next step.

Pete.

Update from the people at Lloyds Mastercard that can't correspond in writing apparently. As I mentioned earlier about my CREDIT LIMIT being reduced by £300, as you can see by the little piece on the left it is a slapped arse because of my 'poor conduct' :o So it has taken them 4 months for the penny to drop, despite 3 letters warning of forthcoming problems and yet they still have not acknowledged receipt of ANY correspondence from me.

Take a look at the CREDIT LIMIT on the right of the statement, is this not just a little contradictory ?

CreditCardStatement.jpg

Bloody poor conduct, I've tried everything possible to sort this situation out BEFORE I got into arrears, cos I knew what was coming. It is Lloyds poor conduct that has escallated the situation !!

Pete.

Hi odds,

Well, you have been told Lloyds TSB don`t give a **** about their customers. It`s about time you beleive it.

Perhaps a S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) but at least you can then legally withhold payments

N.P

I'm only paying them £1 a month anyway untill they acknowledge receipt of my explanation of circumstances and expenditure sheet, which as I said has been sent on more than one occasion and yet they don't seem capable of communicating in writing. Maybe once the staff have progressed from the Etch a Sketch course then I may get a reply in writing.

They keep thanking me for my £1, so they must be gratefull for it. :)

Pete.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi N.P

Thanks for asking.

I'm back now, although not in such good condition as was expected. A 5 /6 day stay turned into 3 weeks in hospital and 2 major operations within 9 days of each other.

Anyway the only reply I have had from Lloyds CC was one that told me that I must be treating this account as low priority. No mention of the letter I wrote to them asking why they ignored my previous 3 letters. Now I'm just getting a little bored with it all to be honest.

How do I get both of my threads moved back to General Debt ?

Pete.

Quick update regards my Credit Card. This morning got a 'YOU SHOULD READ THIS CAREFULLY' Default Notice letter

I have never yet had a reply from these idiots regarding my circumstances, and they have failed to even acknowledge any letters that I have written to them, or answer any of my queries Instead they just skirt around the issue and send threat after threat.

Anyway first thing Monday it will be CCA time for definate, so any templates and addresses for Lloyds Mastercard would be really appreciated.

Thanks

Pete.

Due to unforseen circumstances I haven't sent the CCA request yet. So do I just send it to the Collections Centre in Andover. These are the people dealing with my account at the moment.

Thanks

Pete.

• 3 weeks later...

Evening everyone,

I recently read on a thread on here that the letter (N) in the Template Library is not suitable for a Credit Card CCA request. I think it was something to do with the sections that it referred to in the Template letter. I can't remember where I read it though, so does anyone have an amended one that is suitable ?

Thanks.

Pete.

• 1 month later...

Just a few questions regarding this:

Wrote in January and they still didn't reply or acknowledge. Since then I have had a threatogram in February and a Default Notice at the end of February. April a letter from SC&M, but I doubt this is serious as it was dated 1st April :)

In between I'm obviously getting my monthly bill which I am still paying £1 towards the arrears. Now my last statement under Account Information contains the following, word for word :

Your account is seriously overdue and in view of this we have instructed a Debt Collection Agent, MHA Collections. If you are unable to make the payment on this statement, you must contact them immeadiately on 0870 010 1977.

Instructed them to do what exactly ? :)

Is this really classed as communicating in writing ? Rather than sending a 'proper' letter.

The card is now near to being maxed out due to them still adding interest each month, can they take it over the card limit ?

I am still getting calls from Lloyds but due to the fact I don't answer (just log it) I don't know whether it is regards the credit card or loan for certain although loan have agreed a 3 month token payment deal.

Do calls from MHA still show up as the same number as Lloyds ? I'm pretty sure I read they are just another Lloyds company / Dept.

Due to fact it is some weeks since this action was taken and MHA have made no written contact I have no address for them.

I was considering writing to them with the same letters I had sent Mastercard and see if I get any reply from these 'people'.

So what do I do ?

Thanks for any advice.

Pete.

Hi Pete,

Check out this letter I received from MHA. It has their address on.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collection-industry/112783-lloyds-tsb-mastercard-7.html#post1434810

Hope this helps.

Regards

N.P

P.S. Does anyone know how to paste links to a certain post from a thread, so when it`s clicked it goes straight to that post? My links seem to open up the right thread but always show the top of the page and not the specific post. Thanks.

Hi N.P

Thanks for the link, by the way I think if you right click on the post number and choose 'copy shortcut' you can then paste that and it will take you to the exact post :) .

Anyway back to basics. I haven't CCA'd them yet, cos quite frankly since coming out of hospital I can't be arsed with it all. So now that they have involved yet another dept masquerading as a different company, who would I need to CCA, Lloyds or MHA ?

If my luck continues as it has gone in the last 12 months I just know they are going to come back with everything required. Probably in triplicate :)

Pete.

Quick update :

I spoke too soon, in the post this morning a letter from MHA Collections. I must say I'm not very impressed. The reference number is clearly visible for anyone to see and the word COLLECTIONS easy to make out in the window of the envelope.

MHAEnvelopeedited.jpg

Basically the same as N.P's letter, pay up TODAY or we may do this that or the other. Please phone us on 0870 ........ I don't think so.

Just a quick question. More and more companies now send letters with just a barcode on the envelope, so how do you know when they are actually posted.

Pete.