Should i begin a claim against LLoyds TSB

janetsflower
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6005 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Does anybody know how LLoyds TSB are dealing with new claims right now - trying to figure out if it would be wise for me to start a new claim at the moment or to wait. I did a claim with another bank early in the year and got an offer back really quickly but when i tried it with a second bank in the summer i had letter back saying they would apply to court for an order to stay my action until resolution of the banks proccedings with the OFT and so at the moment i haven't done anything else with that one, not really sure how best to proceed with LLoyds TSB now then. I have all my statements so can easily work out the charges applied to date becasue the account is less than two years old but would a claim at this stage be detrimental to relationship with them - ie are they likely to call in the overdraft or close the account

Hi janetsflower.

If you make a claim now, it will most probably be stayed pending the outcome of the OFT test case. Only if it is a business account, or if you can demonstrate extreme hardship, can the stay be challenged. However, if you claim now, at least it will be in the pipeline, ready to be dealt with when the time comes.

Any attempts by LTSB to withdraw your overdraft or close your account, after you enter a claim, will be seen as retaliatory and should be reported to the OFT and the FSA as a breach of the waiver conditions.

Have you got a parachute account?

Els

Thanks for the advice Els, I will start the process then. Yes i do have other accounts but would prefer not to lose this one simply because where i live they are the only bank around and if i had to rely on another it would mean travelling and as i pay in quite regularly i don't really want the added hassle

To re-assure you, it is very unlikely that Lloyds will close your account.

As Elsinore says proceed with the claim, although it will be stayed.

If I have been helpful please click on my star and add a comment.