cca request?

kezza150
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5999 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi - just a quick question,

Does a student bank overdraft/account come under the cca? I've found conflicting answers to this on other posts :confused:

Being sent letters from lowell/red collections about my old student account but not sure if i can send a cca request to them or not. Just got a feeling i will get the 'this does not fall under the cc agreement' response if you know what i mean.

Thank you in advance,

Kez x

Overdrafts have part V (form and content) exemptions from the Act, this however does not mean that they are fully exempt (as some DCA's would have you believe). The copy of the agreement would simply be in the form of a letter from the bank stating the amount of credit, the APR, charges and cancellation rights.

HAVE YOU BEEN TREATED UNFAIRLY BY CREDITORS OR DCA's?

BEWARE OF CLAIMS MANAGEMENT COMPANIES OFFERING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Thank you all for the replies.

So yes it would come under a cca (running credit) so should i have had to sign something agreeing to the conditions???

If the dca provides me with a copy of a simple letter/leaflet stating conditions (interest charges etc.) but which is unsigned by me - is this still valid? i.e. have they produced what is needed to satisfy my cca request.

kez x

so should i have had to sign something agreeing to the conditions???

No, as previously stated they have part V exemption. The agreement would be the letter fom the bank bank stating the amount of credit, the APR, charges and cancellation rights.

HAVE YOU BEEN TREATED UNFAIRLY BY CREDITORS OR DCA's?

BEWARE OF CLAIMS MANAGEMENT COMPANIES OFFERING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.