• Tweets

• An update! I emailed both Andrzej.Tuleja and James_Goldsmith at Whirlpool dot com. I got a phone call from their executive team a couple of days later, and a replacement part dropped on the mat a week after. She was quite apologetic, however, also reiterated the "90 day warranty" period on customer fitted parts, and did not comment when I mentioned that the CRA also applies as I was a consumer buying from them directly. So I now have a spare door switch if the machine decides to eat another in the future! Cheers all!   Note dx100 that the "Hotpoint CEO" you linked to is not related to the hotpoint appliances, but some kind of marketing app.
    • yep, throw that morality card out the window....9/10 you never owe a DCA ANYTHING!! they are NOT BAILIFFS!!
    • (See the link to DVLA’s INF188/6 document I posted above, page 4 as cited) “I have a new medical condition that I have told the DVLA about on my recent application. Can I drive? As soon as the DVLA receives your correct and complete application for a new licence and as long as you meet all the Section 88 criteria, you may drive. It is important that you are satisfied that the medical condition you have declared on your application does not stop you from driving. If you are unsure, check with your doctor or healthcare professional before you make a decision. You can also look up your condition in the ‘Assessing fitness to drive’ guide, which you can find at www.gov.uk/dvla/fitnesstodrive to see whether you meet the medical standards for driving. As this guide is intended for healthcare professionals, it can be complicated. Your doctor or healthcare professional should be able to help you if necessary." It seems that DVLA think that S.88 does apply for applications disclosing a new medical condition after all. Why might this be so, and what of “qualifying application" and "relevant disability"? S. 92(1) imposes on the driver a requirement to disclose a relevant disability. S.92(3) requires the Secretary of State to refuse such an application disclosing a relevant disability ….. EXCEPT S.92(4) requires the Secretary of State to grant such an application if the relevant disability is “adequately controlled”. Hence my belief S.88 can apply for medical conditions (if the driver meets the medical standard of fitness to drive) as the application remains a qualifying application IF the driver meets the medical standard of fitness to drive, until DVLA (on behalf of the Secretary of State) say it doesn’t, provided the driver believes they meet the (medical) standard. Additionally, at (or before) June 2013 (as noted in my previous post) the medical standard for fitness to drive for conditions involving excessive daytime sleepiness was changed from “completely controlled” to "adequately controlled".  
    • CFO Bill Guan allegedly led a team at the news outlet that was behind a global money laundering scheme.View the full article
    • Anyway, I've asked my Booking.com flat-rent-out-bloke what needs to be done on the Booking.com portal to cancel a reservation. I got a late message "I'll let you know tomorrow".
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Ge Money mortgage charges reclaiming help

gaz2006
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5975 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hope you can help me

At present mtge with GE Money horrible people to deal with .

Received letter from court saying they are after Possession order due to £2950 in arrears

Since their statement have paid £850 so alleged arrears is £2550 ie payments £650 plus £200 off arrears pm

I was on repayment payments £1150 per month got £2750 in arrears ie less than 3 payments they said to switch to interest only for a period and agreed to accept reductions of £200 in arrears and payment ie £650 making £850 pm . When they wrote to me debt was £2750 in March so payments plus 3 reductions would be £2150 ie March April May payment

I made March paymnet and sent off cheque for £850 in Appril recorded delivery as always . Started to get nasty letters phoned up and was told cheque for april not received . Checked with post office was delivered then phoned again and was told chaeq sent back to me as they couldnt read date . i have copy I can read date . Asked to speak to manager no one called back . Phoned again was told tha if £850 paid that day possession order woudl be stopped . i couldnt pay at that time offered as I had spent the money offered to pay over 2 months refused . I now have £850 April payment May already paid that will take debt to £2350 arrears why its above agreed amount I think is more charges added . This will eman dont have June payment due £850 June 9 2007 but they are saying they want all arrears cleared which is not reasonable or possible .

Before they issued possession order have been having a go at charges on my account ie £40 admin each month etc this amounts to £770 also have ERC when I moved from i group to i group ie borrowing more money they then changed to GE Money as you probably know . As they only offeered £200 put in claim for £770 but ERC for £2100 as was not moving away from lender . I also note £500 broker fee and lenders application fee £500 seems steep but didnt claim that and note Purple loans was broker guess whoo they are owned by yes I group can I try to claim that back too ?

Have written several letters have faxed receipts they dont answer and dont call back awful to deal with any help on this matter on these areas would be helpful .

1 ERC claim

2 Charge Claim

3 Possession order can I ask for strike as I was disputing my charges before they did it and got my claim in before theirs ?

4 Can I use them not answering my questions or answeing my offers ?

4 What about Broker Purple loan fee whan it is same company and application fee

Guidance please Im doing my best but GE want to screw me into the ground

Regards Gaz

hi gaz, Sorry I cannot advise you on this but I can relate to the situation you are in with these rip offs!! we have a re-morg with these and we are just starting to get the ball rolling to claim these charges back. Only been with them for about 2 years and the charges they have added to our mortgage are just pathetic. They took us to court in january for repossession, we are now paying extra on our monthly payments for the arrears. so stressful every month trying to make payments! We really have to get out of this mortgage soon as we can, you probably will agree with me on that!!! One thing I can say is just be aware that you may be charged for debt counselling because arrears have occured, we were charged for this even though we did not have any counselling at all, this fee is £47.00 just another charge you could do without. good luck !

• 5 months later...

I have started claim against GE regarding £700 in £40 charges since then now £1200 but will go for the rest afterwards they are swines tried to get possession and have added legal fees every month until I got arrears up to date thats another story . I am also trying to get ERC charge back of 3 months interest on £90000 when I borrowed mroe money I was advised to change from GE to GE ie just borrowed more so didnt leave them but still had ERC Early Repayment Charge if i had done additional advance which I originally applied for I wouldnt have had ERC . Anyway so my claim is for £2700 in total £700 in charges and the rest in ERC . GE applied to get struck out as say have no "not party to Mortgage agreement (as it was in different name ie GE keep changing the name I can sort that but what i dont understand is

Claim to have struck out under CPR 3.4 (2) alternatively summary judgement entered in favour of defendent under CPR 24.2

Alternatively striuck out under CPR 3.4(2) OR CPR 24.2

Also claimant to pay defendents costs

Saying my claim including ERC has no basis to bring claim no reasonable prospect of success .

They are also quoting CPR 24.5(1)

Im completely lost help ....

I realise ERC will be struggle buut they have ignored offers letters been b******* and woudl dearly like to win both parts need advice

Unfortunately ERC claims are no goers. A precedent was set in Smith v Mortgage Express against such claims in Feb of this year. As your claim is small claims court you shouldn't get costs awarded against you unless they invoke a legal indemnity clause or they persuade the judge that you have acted unreasonably in pursuing the claim.

It may be safer to withdraw the ERC claim on condition that they pay out the late payment fees and do not pursue costs.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news

Zoot

Unfortunately ERC claims are no goers. A precedent was set in Smith v Mortgage Express against such claims in Feb of this year. As your claim is small claims court you shouldn't get costs awarded against you unless they invoke a legal indemnity clause or they persuade the judge that you have acted unreasonably in pursuing the claim.

It may be safer to withdraw the ERC claim on condition that they pay out the late payment fees and do not pursue costs.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news

Zoot

Thanks Zoot it hasnt been allocated yet its just a hearing to decide on strike out proposals from Ge so what would you do as they also ask for in strike out costs of £2000 approx . Can I abaandon whole case if i do then am I liable fo rthe £2000 costs as I have withdrawn my case . Do I write and say Ill withdraw ERC claim if they pay other charges and they withdraw their fees or do I go to hearing see if its struck out and see whether judge will put to Small Claims or other route if he does small claim they cant claim can they ? They didnt mention indemnity clause in strike out claim just said asking for costs . Does me not switching companies ie GE from Ge have no bearing on strength of my case for Erc then ? Thanks Zoot in anticipation Regards Gaz

If its not yet been allocated you do not have the protection of the costs rule on small claims track. Its not wise to abandon the whole claim as the charges part is valid and will put you in a stronger negotiating position for withdrawing on a no costs basis. GE are unlikely to want to go to court to fight the charges whereas they would be willing to go to court to strike out the ERC. The switching of companies will not strengthen your case on ERC.

Best wishes

Zoot

I have recently settled two secured loans with GE Money, the smaller of the two i was charged one months interest as ERC the second larger loan I was charged six months interest (£2000) as an ERC, surely this charge is unfair. I phoned them and asked about it but was told that the loans had different clauses. Something is not right here, maybe I should have read the small print. Can you help, suely six months interest is excessive and unfair?????:mad:

• 2 months later...
If its not yet been allocated you do not have the protection of the costs rule on small claims track. Its not wise to abandon the whole claim as the charges part is valid and will put you in a stronger negotiating position for withdrawing on a no costs basis. GE are unlikely to want to go to court to fight the charges whereas they would be willing to go to court to strike out the ERC. The switching of companies will not strengthen your case on ERC.

Best wishes

Zoot

Hi Just to say case next week now settled cant go into details but am reasonably happy and now can concentratedon the other banks and credit cards thanks for all the good advice Regards Gaz

• dx100uk changed the title to Ge Money mortgage charges reclaiming help