Dead cats in garden-help!!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5777 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

A friend of mine has just moved into private rented accommodation with his pregnant girlfriend. On closer inspection of the garden in daylight they came across 2 dead cats. They have brought this to the attention of the landlord who says he rang the Environmental Health who in turn have said they cannot do anything.

This has put them off living in the property, apart from the electrics in the property being a bit dodgy, broken gas fires. It's almost certain that the cooker is wired up illegally.

They have paid a months rent and a months deposit and are scared they may not be able to recover any of this if they decide to move. The tenancy begins on 1st November.

What is their position legally? Can anyone advise please.Would be grateful for all input.

Thanks

Not being funny, I just dont particularly get the problem? Cats die unfortunately....they could have been attacked by a dog or anything. What exactly is the root cause you are thinking that you are worried about?

7 years in retail customer service

Expertise in letting and rental law for 6 years

By trade - I'm an IT engineer working in the housing sector.

Please note that any posts made by myself are for information only and should not and must not be taken as correct or factual. If in doubt, consult with a solicitor or other person of equal legal standing.

Please click the star if I have helped!!

• 7 months later...

If you find out how they died, let me know - next door's cat keeps doing it's business in my garden and damaging plants. I would be happy to find them dead in my garden. (kind of joking and serious at the same time lol).

Have their been any issues with rats? If rat poison has been put down, this is also deadly to cats.

If there are issues of safety of gas and electricity etc. and they cannot escape the agreement, they should go to their local council and ask them to send a housing standards officer or at least threaten the landlord with it.

Settled Tribunal claim against employer regarding Disability Discrimination.

Recovered my money from an AXA Bonus Cash Builder Plus after discovering here on CAG that the original advertising was found to be misleading.

Cabot still can't provide a copy of Credit Agreement and have left me alone for about a year now.