11 months - Sacked no reason.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6065 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Also, what are the terms other employees are under? For example, if they are given/have to give a month's notice, then the employer is required to treat her in the same way. Otehrwaise it would be wrongful dismissal.

All help is merely my opinion only - please seek legal advice if you need to as I am only qualified in SEN law.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Exactly what I meant - sorry, was rushing to take my daughter to the doctors.

All help is merely my opinion only - please seek legal advice if you need to as I am only qualified in SEN law.

Has she had written warnings, final warnings etc? If not, it looks like she has a very good case for wrongful dismissal.

The person who knows most about this sort of thing is Ell-enn - I would suggest PMing her and asking her to look at your posts.

Precisley - Ell-enn will give you great advice on the route your GF should go down to get this rectified.

Absolutely agree. Interesting, isn't it, that she hasn't had anything in writing (or so it appears) throughout her contract?

• Haha 1

I really would Ell-enn really knows the best procedures etc. and it would be better do this sort of thing correctly from the start.

It's soooo tempting to start taking action immediately, but sometimes it's better to wait

I'm off out now but i would suggest having a google on wrongful dismissal etc. and you will see what it's all about.

Also, your GF has 3 months from when she was dismissed to take them to a tribunal, so a small wait to get it right won't make any difference.

Thanks Ell-enn - thought you might give the correct advice!

(tried to give you rep, but apparently I'm being too kind at the moment and it won't let me :( )