Jump to content

  • Tweets

  • Posts

    • Please answer the following questions.   1 Date of the infringement 03rd March 2024   2 Date on the NTK [this must have been received within 14 days from the 'offence' date] I did not received a NTK    [scan up BOTH SIDES as ONE PDF- follow the upload guide] please LEAVE IN LOCATION AND ALL DATES/TIMES/£'s   3 Date received Give answer here   4 Does the NTK mention schedule 4 of The Protections of Freedoms Act 2012? [Y/N?] Give answer here   5 Is there any photographic evidence of the event? Give answer here   6 Have you appealed? [Y/N?] post up your appeal] Give answer here   Have you had a response? [Y/N?] post it up Give answer here   7 Who is the parking company? MET Parking Services   8. Where exactly [carpark name and town] (346) Southgate Park, Stansted CM24 1PY   For either option, does it say which appeals body they operate under. IAS - POPLA   There are two official bodies, the BPA and the IAS. If you are unsure, please check HERE   If you have received any other correspondence, please mention it here I received a parking charge Final Reminder today 15th April 2024  Copy the windscreen or ANPR section to your thread and answer the questions... …….... In either case scan up bothsides of any letters/tickets in or appeals made out to ONE MULTIPAGE PDF ONLY MET Parking Services Scanned Doc.pdf
    • I am getting conflicting advice from friends about this issue. I am hoping somebody can end my confusion. A couple of weeks ago I took my Mum out for her birthday. Another driver scratched the front passenger side near the bumper of my car as it was parked up. There are no dents just quite severe paint work damage. He scraped his car against mine. The other driver drove off. Luckily there was 2 witnesses who got the other drivers reg number. Cut a log story short the other driver said he didn’t realise he damaged the paintwork on my car. He has however admitted liability. His insurance is paying out. Last Thursday my car was taken away to have the paintwork done. Today I been told my car has been put down as a total loss (not a write off).  As it is only paintwork damage and not body work or mechanical damage, I don't understand why it has been put down as a total loss. I have been told by the insurers I can either write the car off and receive payment to the value of the car or I can take a lower payment and get the car repaired myself.   I am getting conflicting advice from friends. Some are saying if I keep my car and get the repairs done myself the car will then be classed as a category S or category M and I will no longer be able get insurance on the car as it will be classed as written off. As it is only paintwork damage and not body work or mechanical damage, I don't understand that. My questions are  If I take the payment to get the paintwork repair done myself will I still be able to insure my car when the insurance is up for renewal? If I take the payment to get the paintwork repair done myself will my current insurance policy be voided? If my car does get classed as category M or S will the stop me from selling it on the future? Thanks
    • Yes, it is just for Tesco. But as that manager explained, those two spaces on that ground are now rented by the electric company. "What appeal?  Private parking companies never, ever, ever accept appeals - ever." What is my next move then, please? Just wait for them to issue me with whatever it is they issue, and then what? 
    • so how are you doing OP?  Letter of claim ready?
    • @fusionrox please create your own thread by clicking the button at the top of the website
  • Recommended Topics

  • Our picks

    • If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

      On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

      Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

      The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

      I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

      Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

      Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

      The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

      Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

      One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

      Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

      We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

      It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.


      OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
        • Like
  • Recommended Topics

HSBC closed my account and passed my debt onto Metropolitan Collection Service

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5934 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then


Please click the "Report " link


at the bottom of one of the posts.


If you want to post a new story then


Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 



Recommended Posts

i had a student account with a £1000 overdraft but for some reason they converted it into a standard account and started chargining me intrest on the overdraft, this leads me into a bad hole as i start topping up the account around £50 a month but most of it ends up going on overdraft fee's.

i went into my local branch and they said they need a signed letter from my university to say im studying (this is during the large summer break) so i wait until university starts again but by this time HSBC closed my account and passed my debt onto Metropolitan Collection Service.

i ring them and explain how i am not working and i am a student etc and they ramble on to me about if i am not working how am i affording to eat etc i then agree to pay £100 a month to clear the £1000 debt and they say they will send me a card through the post to pay my debt at the post office, this was a month ago and after 2 more phonecalls from them moaning at me for not paying i still dont have the card to pay my debt.

I am sure they think that i am doing this on purpose but i genuinly have not recieved the card that they say they have posted twice now....anyway to my point, i have just had an installment of my student loan £930 do you think if i rang Metropolitan Collection Services and offered to pay them £930 they would forget about the £1024 i owe them or do they need the full amount?

Link to post
Share on other sites

MCS are HSBC's in-house DCA. They also sometimes send out letters from 'Central Debt Enforcement Unit', but it's the same clowns. They will usually settle for a monthly amount. However, do not speak to them on the phone; get everything in writing.


Their usual practice is to accept a monthly payment, then regularly pester for it to be increased.

Link to post
Share on other sites

i have just got a job so paying the whole amount wouldnt be to bad on me, i just want the debt out of the way now, it has got to the point where i have to switch my phone off because they are ringing all the time, really early and up until around 9pm at night i wouldnt mind if it was a massive amount of money, i just think if i was a oap getting harrased like this it would lead them into an early grave

Link to post
Share on other sites

i have just got a job so paying the whole amount wouldnt be to bad on me, i just want the debt out of the way now, it has got to the point where i have to switch my phone off because they are ringing all the time, really early and up until around 9pm at night i wouldnt mind if it was a massive amount of money, i just think if i was a oap getting harrased like this it would lead them into an early grave


In that case just ask them what they would accept as full and final settlement (make sure you get it in writing). Try offering 50% and see what happens.

"Why CCJ when you can CCA!"

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi The Music, My son has problems with HSBC bank they also converted his student loan into an ordinary current account, which he had to pay higher interest on. They have also stopped his HSBC credit card for no reason, he's not over drawn and within his credit limit.

This morning he's had a letter saying that


" Quote they would not be re instating it and there decision is based on how he (my Son) has conducted his bank account."Un Quote

I should right and ask for a copy of your CCA as soon as pos


Good Luck

Lynn (Bach)

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi a CCA (Consumer Credit Agreement) is the original signed agreement you sign when you take out a loan . Send £1 00 postal order and the templete letter

Ask your creditor for a copy of your credit agreement under the Consumer Credit Act 1974


Dont forget to send it signed for (proof of delivery) they have 12 days to supply and then another 30 after to comply. If they cannot produce it it effectively puts the debt into being unenforcable.


Hope this helps


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi there, If it was me I would be sending one to both of them. Do a s a p

it will get them of your back for a bit. If any one gets in touch with you from HSBC OR MC ,all you have to say is that you can't discuss it at the moment as the acount is in dispute. And if they have anything to say don't discuss on the phone tell them to put it in writing.



Link to post
Share on other sites

  • 3 months later...

this is still on going, they rang me today it was a woman basically telling me off like my mother used to do when i was a child, so i said all i can do is offer a full and final settlement of around £500, and she got really nasty saying that isnt £1000 and that just isnt good enough and that £500 can be a token gesture payment and i said no i dont have any means of paying anything else after that and she just said "right then were sending the collectors round to your house" and she put the phone down.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Did you ever send the CCA request out ? If you do then on the letter write this - PLEASE NOTE - I WILL ONLY COMMUNICATE IN WRITING - ANY CALLS MADE TO ME WILL BE CLASSED AS HARRASSMENT AND TREATED AS SUCH (And don't handsign the letter either as some DCA's have been alleged to abuse your signature).....

Link to post
Share on other sites

She said 'Right then we're sending the collectors round' is an attempt to frighten you into paying.....you MUST send out the CCA, otherwise this will get passed on to DG Solicitors (part of HSBC's in house collection operation)

Link to post
Share on other sites

well my girlfirend saw a letter today with a generic "letter of notifcation" saying they are going to the county court for a warrent to get my things to sell, and this scared her so she made me call and make a payment, after a bit of arguing and offering them £550 they said no because they have held the account since july without adding any charges or intrest etc and the best they could do was accept a 10% discount which i said was not enough i could afford, and she suggested paying £40 a month then call again in a few months and offer another settlement so i had no choice but to pay the £40

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    • No registered users viewing this page.

  • Have we helped you ...?

  • Create New...