• Tweets

• Much appreciated for the ammendment. The snottier the better right!   What I am assuming is that this response is to be posted to Gladstones? However, I am seeing some users sending this as an email instead, which is a little confusing.  If we're happy with this response, what would you suggest is the best way to send it over to them (post/email), and is there anything additional I could include (if necessary)?  Thanks again! 
    • Hi @BankFodder I've read through other threads to better inform me of the process from here onwards. When I put in the MoneyClaim it gave me a claim number and it currently says to wait for the defendant to respond, they have until 7 August.  It seems their most likely action is to extend that a further 14 days to about 21 August - this hasn't happened yet, of course, as it is only 27 July but I'm anticipating that may be the case. So when the expected defence action is taken by EVRi I will need to submit DQ with these responses A1 - no mediation B - my contact details C1 - yes to the small claims track D1 - No.  If No please state why.  I believe the defence will provide some rebuttal to the particulars of claim and so I need to include details as to why the claim requires a hearing.  Is there some certain templated text I can include here or will it vary depending on what the defendant comes back with? I see on the form it mentions the following: Relevant reasons include that there are factual disputes which will need the judge to hear from witnesses directly or the issues are so complex they need to be argued orally.  Hoping to reach out to see what may be the most effective statements for D1 reasoning. E1-5 are pretty straightforward. I want to get ahead of things and be ready to take the next step so I appreciate what advice you may have about the DQ.  Thanks!  
    • Rachel Reeves is set to reveal a public finances shortfall of billions on pounds after a snap audit.View the full article
    • Hi What they have asked in what you have highlighted isn't unusual at all as Councils have numerous different departments that deal with specific different areas within that council. So if what you are asking in your DSAR is say specific to Housing Benefit, Council Tax Benefit, Planning Permission etc then just let them know that specific area. On the other hand if you want every bit of DATA they hold on you then simply tell then ALL DATA they hold on you it's them up to then to go through all depts to check for it. 
    • A growing number of couples are booking a content creators to capture their special day.View the full article
  • Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 162 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

powergen nightmare

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6149 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

:mad: hi this all started in sept 96 when we moved house and got a final bill for both gas and lec,we had been on prepayment,we wrer chased buy debt collecters and finally paid the debt back of nearley £900 with no questions asked.we moved out of the new property in march 07,we gave powergen the final readings and were told everything was updated and fine,in the 6 months at the house we were told to pay £30 every two weeks on a payment plan.now to our suprise we have recieved a bill 6months later for another £440.00,i have contacted powergen on several occasions,and have been told i will be phoned back,no call,then on friday i recieved a debt letter,i phoned yet again to explain and was told i get a call back,which they did,i have now been told the bill is correctoff the meter readings i gave,i have no readings to check this as it was 6months ago.and i just cant see how we have racked a bill up like this we have already paid nearly £500 on the plan.im at hte end of my teather any advice will be greatly appriciated.

Debbie i completly understand aboput your night mare.

Powergen are trying to bill me for a proprty i have not lived at for to years on the wrong meter readings and have refused for 2 years to do anything about this.

As you were on pre payment meters you should not have had to pay anything. Did you get IN WRITING that the bill was up to date from the property you moved out of in march 2007? If so they dont have a leg to stand on.

I am waiting for powergen to send me bills dating back to november 2004 let alone get the current bills correct.

Good luck keep us informade about what is going on.

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

Hello,

I will try my best to help you, from what I can tell from your explanation above you have mentioned two different properties and two different debts. The first one you have paid so we won’t discuss that one.

Now you mention you was asked to pay £30 a fortnight, how did they work this out? Anyone so that’s a total of £60 a month, you was there 6 months so would have paid £360 in total.

Was this for Gas and Electric? Was this a winter or summer period? How big was the property? How was it heated?

They say you owe them £440 still so if we add this to your payments we get a total of about £800 for 6 months usage, if we average this over the year we get an average off about £130 per month.

If this was during a winter period then this bill may well be correct, if it’s a summer bill then I would suspect not.

If you need to check you bills try to register online to view your account at http://www.powergen.co.uk, although sometimes this does not work for closed accounts.

I would send letters to powergen rather than calling, if you do call try and record the conversation, get the agents name, department, location and managers name, as there are several call centre in the UK.

Powergen should send out copy bills when requested they take about 10 working days to arrive.

The address is,

Directors Office

Powergen

PO Box 7750

Nottingham

NG1 6WR

If my post has been helpful please click the scales below my username

im absolutley sick of this,i have had adebt collecter on the phone today chasing the so called £440,even though when i spoke to powergen on friday was told no further action would be taken until this was sorted out.supposed to be looking into the usage or something.its took the company 6 months to send out the final bill....lec 2 sept-22 march 07 £258.78 gas 9 oct-22 march 07 £561.16 total with vat £860.94/payments made £420.00 ,amount still owed £440.94..im just really annoyed i never kept the final readings,im just hoping there has been a mix up with the gas,now to make matters worse the debt collecters are starting threatening....

There is a serious problem with Powergen. We transferred to them last November and in April wrote asked why I had not received a bill, no response. In August I received a bill for £700, thank fully we had put aside £100/month so had the cash to pay it. I am not surprised to hear of all the problems above since there seems to be something wrong in their customer services. We have now moved and are rid of them.

There is a serious problem with Powergen. We transferred to them last November and in April wrote asked why I had not received a bill, no response. In August I received a bill for £700, thank fully we had put aside £100/month so had the cash to pay it. I am not surprised to hear of all the problems above since there seems to be something wrong in their customer services. We have now moved and are rid of them.

I have to agree, powergen do need to sort out thier billing systems, since they changed the systems 2 years ago there has been problems, but most of these have now been resolved, they intend to move to rename the company to E.ON by the end of the year and are aiming for a fresh start :), at the moment heads are rolling at powergen and changes are being made daily...hopefully for the better :)

yes we changed supplier,when we moved house so at least when i fight this,they cant turn my supply off,its just so annoying that from beginning of september 06 to march 07 this company has had a payment for £900 and £420.and they still want more.afterall powergen set the prepayment meters in one property,then set up the payment plan in the new property and told us the amount to pay.surely its upto powergen to read meters and check the usage and adjust the payments.is it there fault?do i have a leg to stand on? we cant afford to pay this money back.......thanks

Under new billing code, I believe they have to review your payments every 15 months, with regards to reading meters they only have to attempt to read your meters once every two year, and this is only for health and safety reasons, as I said in my first post, put everything in writing and send it to the address above.