• Tweets

• If there is a whitelist and few intruders there only seems the residents to make money from. It would leave wondering what the incentive was for the MAs if there was nothing in it for them except the obvious complaints from the residents. Not that I am saying that they are getting a backhander but there seems little other reasons unless they are trying to show how well run the place is managed-not. If they ran it properly there would be no need for OPs.
    • we're much better. pers i'd stat fighting back with debt, as if you don't you will never be rid of it. you've already most probably extended the life of all your debts by another 6yrs by going the IVA route, because the IVA will fail..they always do. these providers always find some reason at the end of the 5yrs to extend it by inventing some weird and wonderful schemes like sell our mates your equity in your home before we will say it's finished and sign you off. despite all the bluff and bluster these companies come out with, there is really very very little legal wise they can do to you id you tell them to go......and stop paying and ignore them. as i said a few postback im really shocked you fell for the IVA and are now falling for more bluff and bluster and thats why you are in the state you are in. by the way. i was going to ask Credit Expert are a credit file company, are you sure they are the ones Hanover have got to pressure you? doesn't sound like their remit to me, 1st ive heard of a CRA company winding up debtors for a fee. can you dump all these emails into a PDF file after redaction so's we can see.? read upload dx    
    • now do you want help or just come here to rant at the 1st chance. is this indictive of why you have this issue with BG? there isn't one really just you being pedantic? now give us a chance to decide lets have some info. we don't accept .jpg picture files as they are displayed directly to screen whereby anyone members or not can see them, hence we require a multipage pdf properly redacted. theres a good upload guide to read on that. so ball is your court... we still would help our worst enemy regardless . dx
  • Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Baslow138 v Cap One **Won**

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5715 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I requested repayment of charges ( £1200) sometime ago and have recieved all the usual rejections and offers of part refunds.

Having sent my LBA I am now ready to start court action but am unsure whether electronic or a paper based file is more apprioprate. Is there difference in what I need to prepare?

As part of my court bundle to I need orginal statements or will a spreadsheet suffice?

Do I need my orginal terms and conditions( long lost!) and if so do I write to cap one for a new copy?

Thanks in advance

Baslow

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry, should have said Particulars of Claim. There's examples on here, unfortunately i can't add a link cos I'm not very good at them and you'll probably end up somewhere else! You can print off the N1 form (blank) Or you can complete it online then print but you can't save a copy. What i did was type my POC's into a word doc, then cut and pasted them onto the N1, then printed. That way you can mess about with the POC and just paste the finished version when you're happy with it. I printed mine about 4 times before I was satisfied - good job the boss was out at the time!

Then either post it to Court or take it personally. I took mine personally, just so i knew it was there. Also, if you take it, then if there's any queries you can sort it there and then, in my case, I'd put the wrong address on it!

Aaaah, here you are Baslow!

Ive read your thread now I realise that you need a copy of my POC.

Not a problem. I shall pm you ok.

All the advice from Wendy is absoloutely spot on.

You'll have to pay £120 to file your N1. They dont take debit cards as you will have seen by what happened to me. Cheque or cash only.

You will also need 3 copies of your spready, N1 & accompanying POC for the Court.(POC will be too long to put on N1 form, so where you would put your POC just put...Please see attached sheet).

I hand filled in the N1 as I didnt really have the time to position it all by computer, though it does look nice & neat if you can.

To submit your claim you just need your N1, your spready & the attached POC. You dont need statements. If you are just claiming the S.69 8% just submit that spready, however if you are claiming Contractual you will need to submit spreadsheets for both. Can you confirm as I will have to amend what I need to send to you?

Lemoney:D

• Haha 1

Hi Jim

Have a read at post 48 here:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/capital-one/96448-wendyb-cap-one-3.html

It will give you a better idea of what to claim. Thanks to Steven for the post.

Uk

• Haha 1

WARNING TO ALL

Please be aware of acting on advice given by PM .Anyone can make mistakes and if advice is given on the main forum people can see it to correct it ,if given privately then no one can see it to correct it. Please also be aware of giving your personal details to strangers

Thanks all,

Im struggling to find the rate of interest they charged me( not the best at keeping paperwork :( )The card was issued and first used in 2001. Would Cap one give the rate if I rang them or is there a standard rate I can use to calculate compound interest? Im also aware that there is an excel table I can use does anyone have a link please?

Thank you

Baslow

You might want to include this to the end of your POC if it is pertinant in your case, though it may not.

7) The removal of any prejudicial information which the Defendant (Capital One Bank plc) has passed on to third parties in relation to the Account with any credit reference agency. The passing of personal data to third parties relates wholly to the implementation by the defendant bank of charges which have been applied to my account in respect of contractual breaches and where the said charges which have been levied at a rate which is in excess of the administrative costs incurred by the bank as a consequence of the said breaches are contrary to The Common Law.

The Claimant’s request is made under the Data Protection Act 1998; section 14, which gives the power to the Court to order the removal of inaccurate personal data.

There you go, all done now!

Lemoney.:D

Lemoney

One more favour- Im still struggling get my head round the caculations despite the best intentions of all who posted on this thread. Could you email your spreadsheet to me? Ive now got an annual apr and want to see how much difference it makes to the final figure( so skint so every penny etc...)

Cheers

Jim

Jim

I have just sent one into your Hotmail account which is quite accurate.

Uk

WARNING TO ALL

Please be aware of acting on advice given by PM .Anyone can make mistakes and if advice is given on the main forum people can see it to correct it ,if given privately then no one can see it to correct it. Please also be aware of giving your personal details to strangers

Thanks ukaviator

Mind you done some reading and it looks like I didnt enter any interest my orginal spreadsheet sent to Cap one, howver I did mention if I took it to court I would add interest.

I am in a postition to add contractual interest( 28.5%) on charges or just the 8% ?

Jim

You could amend your next letter to include this, but you should ask for it from the start. If you put "due to information received via websites etc etc, i am now claiming contractual Compounded interest at the rate of 28.5%, which you have charged me". When you do the Particulars of Claim on your court file, you put the 8% as an alternative. Rememeber you can't claim both.

Uk

WARNING TO ALL

I have repied this morning, looks like you have it.

WARNING TO ALL

• 1 month later...

Basi,

No not necessarily, however if it goes to Court you need to have your argument in place, there is plenty more reading on the subject here on this web site under various contractural headings. In precis, and how I have gone about it is....

POC from web site amended to any particular issues you have with the CC.

I am claiming

1. Charges

2. Interest the credit card company has charged you on those charges (demonstratable Interest - DI) at their applicable current rates, so you need to look at each statement, as this will change over time and is compounded.

and

3. either Contractural Compound Interest un/authorised rate (again various thoughts on this) or S69(8%) as an alternative offer for the judge to decide on the POC. you need to give a brief argument for trying to charge them CCI. If you look at my MBNA thread, it's all discussed fairly well there, with some more knowledgeable others.

I currently have one in Court awaiting a defence from CAP one, and MBNA and Capital one are going in next week, Egg are capitulating, but no DI or CCI only offering me 8% so I may take them to court as well.

Hope this all helps,

regards

BJ

:roll:

Have Capital One actually taken anyone using the updated POC to court?

Thanks

Bas

Not to our knowledge. They seem to pay out the purchase rate of interest. Not full CCI, but we can't complain at that.

WARNING TO ALL