Sam v First Direct

sam1971
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6461 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Got letter from FD today returning my cheque for £10 and telling me they will send the info by courier. Hope theyt dont close my account as they have excellent customer service- just have taken rather a lot from me in charges over the past few years- I know its £400 over the last two ( none for the last 10 months) but i had bigger financial problems before that

Im STILL: waiting for my statements. Am I being impatient or is everyone having to wait longer now. Originally I was reading about them arriving in a week but its over that since I received the letter saying that they wouldd be sent by courier

I'm exactly the same; it seems like forever I've been waiting for my statements. I received my letter saying they are on the way on 22/06/06 and still nothing!! :mad:

Its just making me more and more determined, so they’re not doing themselves any favours!!:D

Statements arrived today. Totalled up at £1468.50 in charges- most of them were where they sent me overdrawn with their charges and charged me again the following month :mad:

Goimng to do the peliminary letter now and send off today

Good luck although you won't need it if you follow the instructions on this website.

Just got my money back so I know the system works!! ;-)

FIRST DIRECT: £4751.86 SETTLED IN FULL 5/07/06 :-)

TESCO VISA CARD: £90 SETTLED IN FULL 12/08/06 :)

LLOYDS TSB: £4403.59 SETTLED IN FULL 17/08/06 :)

EGG: £451.52 SETTLED IN FULL 18/01/07 :)

Opinions and advice of kazzaw are independent, offered informally, without prejudice, without liability, and not endorsed by the Bank Action Group. If in any doubt, seek the advice of a qualified, insured professional.

Good luck although you won't need it if you follow the instructions on this website.

Seconded :D

Mystic Mindbomb predicts you'll get what's yours :D

Nemo me impune lacessit!

The hours of folly are measured by the clock; but of wisdom, no clock can measure.

As long as one person lives in darkness, then it seems to be a responsibility to tell other people.

• 4 weeks later...

I have received another sod off letter from FD in response to my LBA so looks like I will be filing a claim against them on Monday. How long does it usually take from filing to receiving an offer? Beginning to get a bit skint now.

Incidently they were going to charge me £30 at the beginning of this month for going 20 PENCE over my limit ( first time Ive been over it in 18 months) so I sent an electronic message asking them to refund it- AND THEY DID. When Ive asked before the answer has always be a big fat NO. Wonder why they suddenly changed their mind LOL

Well managed to withdraw that claim and have submitted a new oine- got to wait 10-14 days for my original money back unfortuantely

Just going to PM a mod with claim number now

Good luck with it, you are one letter ahead of me, i am expecting to be told again to Go away again.then i will fill in the moneyclaim form on line i am claiming a total of £3143, sole account and £2500 joint account. So i have requested each as a seperate claim so it does not go over the £5000.

Is it just me or do you get the feeling it will all change with your claim, and even though all the other claims have been paid in full, your cliam will be the one who they take to court........

It seems FD are taking around 7 - 10 days to acknowledge the claim.

Egg Data Protection Act Statements arrived. On hold.

Halifax - Moneyclaim £3100

Amex to Remove Default - acknowledged didn't issue correct documents - default removed :) . £135 paid in full without Court

I'm on a roll now :rolleyes:

Well I sent back the letter rejecting the half offer on the 22nd- and am still waiting for the next offer. I notice that someone whose claim was acknowledged the same day as mine as already got their money.

Wish they'd hurry up

Haeda letter from DG solicitors telling me that they were waiting for a response to the letter they sent on the 21st ( my half offer) so I have redone the refusal letter and faxed to thenm as well as posting another copy.

Waste of a week that was!!!!!!!!!!

• Confused 1

Good going, Sam. Enjoy.

First Direct

DP Letter - 9/8/06

Prelim for £1953.35 - 26/8/06

Ack. rcvd. promising contact within 10 working days - 1/9/6

LBA - 11/9/6

Offer of £1323.00 as full & final settlement - 14/9/6. Rejected

Agreed to counter offer of £1800 - 20/9/6 :D

Capital One

DP letter - 3/8/06

Ack. rcvd. promising further contact 25/8/6

Prelim for £1019.18 - 12/9/6

Offer of £198 - 21/9/6. Rejected once I stopped laughing.

LBA - 21/9/6