• Tweets

• Notice how Kev goes about his scam.  In Kahunaburger's case they left the car park well before the time shown on the ticket they had purchased.  But because Kev added on the time taken to look for a parking spot and queue to pay/try to get an internet signal he still sent them an invoice. So If you had left before the Justpark message, say at 3:55, Kev would still have managed to turn that into a stay of 4:06 and thus an overstay and an invoice. Unfortunately for Kev, judges have ruled against his reasoning.  Have a read of this famous case  http://parking-prankster.blogspot.com/2014/03/waiting-for-space-is-not-parking.html  
    • Its okay - It happens. And this is why DCAs  user every trick in the book to try and make you crack.  Now its time to come back.    Im not sure how to proceed if Im honest if they have issued a Letter Of Claim.  Only as You could complain to Oakbrook and they still proceed with Legal Proceedings, but I dont know if that would help or hinder the legal proceedings if they began down that avenue.  I know a FOS complaint wouldnt stop Legal Action and probably run along side it.  But I guess a judge would view a disputed balance with the original creditor as cause for concern whether the DCA's claim is valid?    A bit of a muddle.     
    • That is superb. To answer your question - Dear Mr Dhaliwal Change the sentence - As our disabilities were ignored and disregarded for the time taken I believe this is discrimination against us ... To - As our disabilities were ignored and disregarded for the time taken I believe this is discrimination against us contrary to the Equality Act 2010. Iceland have always been useless, not only in your case but in others, but I think if they realise they are breaking the law it will encourage them to act. I also think the letter is overlong and you could lose the paragraph - I cannot afford any unfair charges of this kind as I am severely struggling financially. I cannot work and am a carer for my disabled Son who also has a mental and mobility disability. I obviously do not have any disposable income and am in debt with my bills. So its an absolute impossibility for me to pay this incorrect charge - as the main points are made elsewhere.  
    • Hands up in the fact that i have probably F***** *P!!
    • Car Finance Awards celebrates best of the industryView the full article
  • Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

jellybabe vs Cahoot Flexi Loan

jellybabe
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4474 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Another message that my interest rate will go up again.23.2% for a Loan??!!

i've had enough of this!

Will send my CCA request off tomorrow morning. Let's hope they can't find anything. I applied for it online....but that was way back in Sept 2002.

Oh well, will see what they come up with.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Another message that my interest rate will go up again.23.2% for a Loan??!!

i've had enough of this!

Will send my CCA request off tomorrow morning. Let's hope they can't find anything. I applied for it online....but that was way back in Sept 2002.

Oh well, will see what they come up with.

Hi Jellybabe I only have one loan and this one has enforceable agreement but the one thing I did find was that the loan was fixed rate when you get doc's from CCA request check them for this though as flexi loan this maybe part of the terms and conditions.

dpick:)

Thanks dpick,

i think it was part of the conditions.It's just a bit annoying, as soon as they smell trouble they put the interest rate up. It happens every few months. getting really hard to pay back now.

They won't help with lower payments and they didn't let me convert it into a fixed one when i asked a while back.

I mean, what else can i do than hoping for this??

It is hopeless...:Cry:

Cahoot do not do fixed rate loans - wwll that was what the Cahoot lady said to me. She advied to go to the Sister company Abbey for a fixed rate. My rate has just gone up to 17.9% from 14.9%. (comes into affect on the 11/08/2008. I pay the standard repayment each month - £110. The interswt alone is approx £63 - it's DISGUSTING!!!! I cannot get a fixed loan as Studio Cards DEFAULTED me. I might "question" the default which will show as "in question" on my Credit file hopefully buying enough time to get a fixed rate loan. I've up-ed my repayments to Cahoot to try & pay this off quicker. I gonna CCA & SAR them on the loan for my own interest but not sure what I can clima as I don't have PPI, no late payments etc. However, I signed up for (ticked box online at application) for monthly fee rather that interest. Worked out to be £9.10 per month versus the Interest at £63 per month. If I signed up for monthly fee how the hell can the change that? I thought the "Consumer Credit Agreement" was there for our protection.

Test Signature........

Hi roboticboy,

i know what you mean. They were still doing fixed loans at the time i was asking for one to have my credit card and Flexi loan transferred into one.

But i am talking about a couple years ago.

Now they stopped them, and i think by putting the interest rate up to such a disgusting rate, they want to make us pay it off uicker as i believe they want to leave (or have done already??) the Loan market??

Anyway, they are not very helpful. Don't accept lower payments or anything else (at least for me they didn't).

And a Loan with a diff company is not an option, as i have bad credit and been refused several times. And every time i get refused it makes my credit file look worse.

It's a no win situation.

Hi roboticboy,

if you mean the list of accts underneath my message then it's easy to find:

Left hand side on top of your screen somewhere it says "User CP", then you go on edit signature, save, and that's it. Easy peasy.

I think the signature only shows when you type a certain amount of words on your message. Not sure.

Hello

I also have a Cahoot flexi loan, have finally got my CCA after many months and a 12+2+30 letter, and even then it wasn't received within that deadline, and I had already cancelled my direct debit. They haven't hassled me again so far for last month's repayment but I'm sure they will soon. Anyway, what I want to know is...on the CCA it mentions nothing about me opting for PPI - unless you didn't apply for it online, for which it has a box for you to tick if you want it. How do I know I ticked/unticked the box for PPI when I applied online?? Has anyone challenged Cahoot on this?

Sorry, can't help either. I never take out PPI.

May i ask a few things please?

When did you cancel your direct debit?Was it shortly after 12+2+30 days?

Did they hassle you while waiting for your CCA when Direct debit was cancelled?

Did they default you?

Thanks, and sorry i couldn't help with your query.

As far as I'm aware I wouldnt knowingly take out PPI either because its a waste of time.

I cancelled my dd when i knew they'd got the 12+2+30 letter, they sent me an email asking if i could phone them, which i didn't, so they phoned me a a week or so later asking if I could make the payment but I told them about the letter and the woman said she would contact customer services, who obviously finally got off their arses and sent me the cca. But now i'm confused as to what to do :(

To be honest, i'm fairly new to this whole CCA thing. I think the first thing to do is to find out if the CCA they sent you is enforcable. I think the best thing to do is to have a look at this thread:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt-issues/138488-various-ccas.html

I believe you can post your cca there and surely someone will be able to give you some advice.

But do let me know how you get on. I might learn something aswell.

No they haven't defaulted me, I haven't heard anything off them since the phone call, which I find a bit strange. my next payment is due soon though but i suppose since they sent me the cca i should pay it. Thanks for the link though, I'll have a read through.

I asked on the moneysavingexpert forum and someone replied saying i'll probably have to start paying the DD again seeing as I have now got the cca (regardless of it being outside the timescales). I'm going to send them a letter asking if they can prove that I opted for PPI, because from all the information I've had from them - some of it being every action I've ever made on the website - I can't see anywhere that I've ticked (or unticked) the PPI box.

no haven't had it check yet but have got details of the prescribed terms a cca must have from moneysavingexpert, so will have a look at those and check against mine.

I sent my letter off last week anyway, asking for my ppi back :) Here's hoping...:smile:

• 2 years later...

Hi everyone,

3 years on and i'm still stuck with this stupid flexi loan...now transferred to Santander.

Trying to keep it short, but need some urgent advice please:

Interest rate hiked up to an unaffordable rate for me....therefore got into 4 months arrears.

Have now (yesterday) been issued with a default notice.

Notice dated 15/06/11......to be remedied within 14 days after being served. No date on when to remedy (is this a valid way to do it???)

I now have only 1 week to sort this (impossible for me), as i only just received it yesterday (22nd june, 7 days after they sent it, i still got the envelope...although there is nothing on there apart from a few barcode things)...and it should have been deemed served on the 17th i assume.

Is there anything i can do about that? Is this a valid DN in the first place? Not worried about my credit rating....i haven't got any rating left anyway. Or should i just let this default, wait for account closure and then argue over the invalid (if it is invalid) DN, and just pay the arrears? Isn't this all they can claim after that?

I have a feeling (although i might be wrong) that this DN is invalid as it is not laid out the right way, ie no underlining, no date to remedy, etc??

anyway, i'm trying to upload the DN for you to see:

santander1-2.jpg

oops, sorry, it seems a bit big

Erm if you are in arrears no matter how much they will issue a default notice, have you received a letter before this one stating that they may issue a default notice if you do not amend your arrears?

If you didn't then I would challenge them, but make small payment and arrange a repayment plan, either that let the loan default, and have the loan go to their debt collector, but remember with this loan they will continue to add more and more interest even though the debt collectors are trying to get the monies back from santendar.

Good luck Jellie Bean

Hi shaneo1,

Thanks for looking.

But my issue is that this default notice may be faulty, therefore hopefully not valid, due to the way it's laid out?

I have asked for help from one of the site team now aswell.

Thanks,

jellybabe x

Hi Jellybabe,

It is incorrectly formatted, and should be specific on date..but there have been such strange judgements recently that it depends who you get and your own particular circumstances.

The argument on only arrears being due up to termination has had a lot of stick and hasn't stood up in court to date for recent cases.

That said, the Brandon appeal (12th/13th July) may give us a new way forward..who knows? If they took you to court on the back of that DN, if the judge considered it bad then they couldn't enforce (Harrison v Link)

but could possibly reissue...clarification on whether they could start another claim after a reissue has not been established.

One option the default has opened up for you is that you could apply for a time order, and try and get that interest reduced and fixed, together with affordable payments.

kind regards,

Elsa x

More about time orders here.