• Tweets

• I think his point is renewing his season ticket shows it wont happen again. using contactles doesnt.
    • Thanks dx for your guide. Yes, I will use their services, but not often. I usually spend around 80 per month, but the season ticket price is 160. I plan to renew it as long it could help me to show that I will not do it again.
    • if you are going to be using its services yes if not no. STOP PANICKING........ yours is not the next move. dx  
    • You could try this and include a copy to the SRA who are being particularly tolerant to this bunch of jackapes. This also shows that you are not to be messed with and are capable of stirring up trouble for them when they step out of line. Dear DCBL, I am in receipt of your letter of 18th April 2024 regarding CPR1.1 After studying the whole section I cannot see anywhere that I am required to furnish you  with my mail address or my phone number. Perhaps you would be kind enough to provide me with a reference to it. I suspect that your subterfuge is designed to allow you to bombard uninformed litigants with last minute information on the day of their Court case which appears to occur at times with your company. I notice that you are asking for proportionality at the same time as you are demanding  an unlawful £160 when you are aware that under PoFA the maximum that can be demanded  is only £100. You will note  that I have included the Solicitor's Regulation Authority into our conversation in order to ensure your reply. And your old excuse of "admin. error" is surely wearing a bit thin even with the SRA. so I look forward to an apology for your error and a declaration that you will desist from trying to hoodwink other motorists in future.  
  • Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Dolly v Halifax (Mortage Arrears) +*+*WON+*+*

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6406 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Well, I am going to bite the bullet and go for some old charges to our Halifax Mortgage.

Got my statements today and there are £400 of charges from 2001/2002 - these are for Missed Payment fees of £20 and Arrears Admin fee of £25. Now as they kindly sent me a list of the abbreviations, I can see that they were all computer generated and not manually input.

There are other charges on my account marked 'Sundry', but I don't know what they are, so for the moment I am going to leave them well alone...I suspect that the Halifax may put up a bit of a fight on this anyway.

Preliminary letter going out tomorrow. Will keep you updated.

Please note that I am not a legal expert and all advice given is without prejudice and is purely my opinion only.

** Nationwide - £1821.15-PAID IN FULL - Aug 06 **

** Halifax Mortgage -£390 - PAID IN FULL - Nov 06 **

Lloyds TSB - MCOL issued 09/03/07 - £2953 + costs - ON HOLD....

Hi Dolly

I also received reams of paperwork re my mortgage arrears with the Halifax this morning.

Unfortunately I cant make head or tail of them.

Could you possibly send me a copy of the abreviations that you got?

Also are the charges all more all less stated on the back page of each years statements?

I really would appreciate any help you can give.

Thanks

Pam

Email

[email protected]

Be careful with these as I got duplicates, so, for example 19/03/02 charge would be on two sheets of paper and it wasn't until I was typing them out that I noticed this.

They are quite easy to spot - look for wording on the remarks on the statement style pages (borrowers Account Record) that say 'Matched k' - this is a returned payment and somewhere around there will be Arrears Admin Charge and Missed Payment Fee. They are easy to see as Matched K is shorter than the rest of the remarks so it stands out a bit

The abbreviations don't mean anything really, just show that it was computer generated.

Hope that helps :)

Please note that I am not a legal expert and all advice given is without prejudice and is purely my opinion only.

Guest Jonnno

The abbreviations don't mean anything really, just show that it was computer generated.

Sorry to rain on your parade Dolly but this just isn't true. Abbreviations do not equal Computer Generated.

Good luck with your claim.

Sorry, perhaps abbreviation was the wrong word.

The Halifax sent me a list of 'Payment Notations' and on that list it states if something is Computer Posted or Manually Posted.

eg) DDR1 is Computer Posted. DDR is Manually posted.

So the charges that I incurred, according to the Borrowers Account Report that I received are all Computer generated / automated according to their own annotation system.

Are you a bank worker, Jonnno? It seems weird that the two posts you have chosen to answer on the day that you joined are both about mortgages.

I posted my SAR letter to Halifax just this week, so I will be watching your progress as you are ahead of me here. I had a mortgage with them up until 2004 and have been charged numerous times.

iGroup (GE Money) - AoS Filed late, defence late, amended defence also late despite extra time requested and granted.

Vanquis - Claim issued, no AoS or Defence received

Sorry, perhaps abbreviation was the wrong word.

Are you a bank worker, Jonnno? It seems weird that the two posts you have chosen to answer on the day that you joined are both about mortgages.

Yes and both were quite harsh, sort of implying that we didn't know what we were doing - or maybe Jonno just hasn't read all the mortgage threads.

Consumer Health Forums - where you can discuss any health or relationship matters.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Jonnno
Yes and both were quite harsh, sort of implying that we didn't know what we were doing - or maybe Jonno just hasn't read all the mortgage threads.

Dolly & Gizmo, I'm sorry if you felt my posts were harsh. I just call 'em as I see 'em. Call me a nitpicker if you like but I can't help pointing out when people post stuff as fact when it ain't.

Now if Dolly had given all the details initially that she gave in her last post then I wouldn't have chipped in at all. If HBOS are charging mega bucks just for comp generated corres then fair enough, have a pop at them.

You'll note I did wish Dolly luck with her claim, and I wasn't being ironic.

• 4 weeks later...

Quick Update : Received standard go away letter from the Halifax this morning.

There was a line I found interesting : "The amount of the transaction does not affect the cost we incur so the charge remains constant' I actually had to read that a few times!

LBA going off on Monday.

• 1 month later...

No responses at all to my LBA, MCOL being issued next week for £390 plus interest which puts it to around £600.

Refunded in full today without the need for MCOL :) :)

Well done Dolly - great news! :D

--------------------------------------------------------------

HSBC

Settled in FULL on 8/8/06 - £3619.53

:D

CAPITAL ONE

Settled in Full on 6/9/06 - £84.76

ABBEY NATIONAL (Old N&P Mortgage)

Settled In Full on 2/3/07 - £307.13

SPML

*Court Case Withdrawn - family illness*

MORTGAGES PLC

*Court Case Withdrawn - family illness*

Thanks all - must admit I was a bit surprised myself when I opened the letter. What I saw first was the ombudsman leaflet, thought 'aaahh well', opened it up and saw a cheque and acceptance form! It's apparently because we are longstanding members of the Halifax....pmsl. Not had anything to do with them for years!

Hope my ERC claim is as easy!!