• Tweets

• god they've got at you haven't they. told you all the usual utter BS. a CCJ vanishes from your credit file on it's 6th B'Day regardless to being paid off or not or paying or not. same with any debt with a registered defaulted date - it vanishes from your file on the DN's 6th B'day regardless. creditfix are Knightsbridge, (they renamed) there are 100's of threads here on Knightsbridge, if i remember rightly 2 of the directors of a certain very big IVA provider were struck off for embezzling £1m's out of debtors. pers i'd stop paying now.  end of . just ignore them all. 99% of your debts are to utterly powerless DCA's and probably were never owed in the first place only goes to firm up my belief from post one..you got had blind. its very easy to deal with the debts even those with CCJ's. can you copy and paste what you credit file says regarding the IVA please?   
    • Sorry I meant credit fix - I really wish I'd known this before - kicking myself right now  If they come back to me asking for more money I'll cancel it and start trying to deal with the debt myself let's see what they say  Feeling tempted to cancel it now but scared that some of the debts will do more CCJ's on me and I'll have to wait 6 years again.  2 of the CCJ come of this year and then I'll only have the iva in credit file - effectively if I'd have not took out the iva in 2021 I'd have clear score by now - but then again would I because I would have been hounded the last 3 years, as bad as it is it's saves me lots of headaches whilst my debt was still within the 6 year mark.  I think most of them are near there but in all honesty no point chasing them if I do cancel iva I'd jjst wait for the ones who contact me and then start the relevant letter process on them.  Of over 6 years easy if not still possible to write off. My true victory would be having the iva wiped off my credit file as mis sold or something that way I Don't have to wait till 2027 Other option is to fight back and ask for them to offer the creditors to accept payments so far and use the following method    Will your IVA firm agree to complete your IVA on the basic of funds paid to date? The Guidance lists a lot of factors to be considered in deciding whether a settlement on the basis of funds paid to date should be proposed. You should read the list. But that may not give you any feel for whether they apply to you or not. The following are my thoughts on when an IVA should be treated as settled, not failed. They assume that you have £75 or less to pay a month: if you would currently qualify for a Debt Relief Order, then your IVA should be settled now  There is no point in making your IVA fail and you have to apply for a DRO – it will not generate another penny for your creditors. If you are renting and owe less than £50,000, check the DRO criteria now and talk to National Debtline on 0808 808 4000 about whether you qualify. You may have been told at the start of your IVA that you aren’t eligible – still check now as the DRO criteria have changed, your situation has got worse, and some people were given incorrect information about DROs at the start. if you have no assets that would be realised in bankruptcy (eg a house with equity, car worth over £2000), then your IVA should be settled now Same as (1), there is no point in making you apply for bankruptcy after your IVA fails. if your only asset is a car that is worth less than £8000, then your IVA should be settled now A car that is worth say £5000 would normally be sold in bankruptcy and you would be given a small amount to buy a cheaper car. But your creditors would not get any benefit from this as the Insolvency Service takes the first £8000 raised to cover its own costs. if you have significant assets, the closer you are to the end of the IVA, the less reasonable it is to fail it If you have been paying your IVA for 4 years, you have done your best over a long period. It isn’t your fault you can no longer continue. The fact you may have had equity to release isn’t relevant as that simply isn’t going to be possible. if your situation will clearly improve soon, then it’s unlikely your IVA will be settled I mean real improvements, not hoping that prices fall. If I can get them to accept payment to date or threaten with cancellation hopefully they may accept it -  Other option is to try and borrow money and pay make a full and final offer  Or I can just ignore and hope for the best which I'm very tempted to do especially if they respond to my review with bullying tactics despite me being skint as a fart with no mortgage as renting  It's so stressful but I've just checked the iva agreement from 2021 and it's Cabot 2 accounts Lowell about 5 accounts and then lots of repeats of the same debt with for example zopa and Cabot same amount listed twice -  also loyyds banks but I'm sure that's older than 6 years and not on credit file anyway  If I can somehow remove the iva from my credit file I'd be happy 
    • India has one of the world's fastest growing economies but the benefits are yet to fully reach the poorest.View the full article
  • Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

CCA non comp - gargoil v DL&C

gargoil
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6178 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

CCA request was sent on 18/8 and deemed received on 20/8. They have now been in default for one month so I believe they have now commited an offence. Sending this letter off to them tomorrow morning.

Direct Legal&Collections

Buckingham Road

Brackley

Northamptonshire

NN13 7DN

Ref: - XXXXX

LETTER BEFORE ACTION

Dear Sir/Madam,

You have now failed to supply me with a copy of the original signed agreement for the alleged “debt” you are trying to enforce. This request was sent on 18/08/2006 together with the statutory fee of £1.00.

I have given you more than enough time to supply the original signed agreement and you have now exceeded the allowed time. By not supplying the documentation I believe you have now committed a criminal act under the legislation contained within section 77 (1) and section 78 (1) of the Consumer Credit Act 1974.

You are reminded that you were obliged to supply these documents, whether you are the original creditor or not, under section 189 of the CCA 1974.

I do not acknowledge any debt to Direct Legal & Collections.

As you are aware, a credit agreement that is not properly documented and signed by the customer is totally unenforceable under the CCA and therefore is a complete defence to any court claim that is issued.

I will therefore no longer be making payments against this "debt" as it is unenforceable. I now consider the matter closed and no further correspondence regarding payment will be entered into. If you persist on pursuing payment you will have left me no choice but to report this matter to Trading Standards

Additionally I require the removal of any defaults entered against my name. You have 14 days to comply and confirm in writing or I will apply to my local Sheriff Court for an order to enforce compliance, together with damages at the discretion of the court.

Yours Faithfully,

Gargoil

CC: Trading Standards

BOS

Claim No.3 for £589.75+8%, Decree received, Sheriffs Officers instructed to serve a charge 21/4!

Claim No.4:- claiming £1507.00, Court Papers submitted 5/4 !

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Cheers! Been following your thread pford, Do you have a copy of th eletter you sen to TS that you could PM me? I'm not really sure quite what to say in it and am having trouble drafting one!!

BOS

Claim No.3 for £589.75+8%, Decree received, Sheriffs Officers instructed to serve a charge 21/4!

I have drafted a letter to TS on this matter which I will CC to Trading Standards. Hope its ok.

Northamptonshire County Council

Trading Standards Service

Wootton Hall Park

Northampton

Northamptonshire

NN4 OGB

Dear Sir/Madam,

I am writing to complain about a company Direct Legal&Collections

, whose business address is Buckingham Road, Brackley, Northamptonshire, NN13 7DN. This company have been contacting me in order to recover a debt which I do not acknowledge to them.

On 18th August 2006 I wrote to Direct Legal&Collections requesting a copy of the original signed credit agreement in respect of an alleged debt this company had been contacting me about. This is my right under the legislation contained within s.78 (1) Consumer Credit Act 1974 (s.77 (1) for fixed sum credit) I enclosed the statutory amount of £1 (by postal order) as payment fee, PO Serial Number 18500528.

Direct Legal&Collections are obliged to supply these documents, whether they are the original creditor or not under S189 of the CCA 1974.

I believe this company have now committed a criminal offence as they have failed to provide a copy of the original signed credit agreement and have been in default for more than one month since the initial 12 working days allowable under the above mentioned legislation expired.

A default has been recorded on my credit file in respect to this matter and I would like to have it removed as I believe it has been applied unlawfully. Also I believe that Direct Legal&Collections will continue to pursue me both by telephone and letter to repay this alleged debt.

Today I have written to them asking them to remove this default and to confirm to me that I owe them no money. I would like you to investigate this company regarding this matter and take action against them. I am of the opinion that they are unfit to hold a consumer credit license.

I have included a copy of the cca request sent to Direct Legal&Collections on 18/8 and also a copy of the complaint/ non compliance letter I have sent them today (5th September.)

Yours Faithfully

gargoil

CC Direct Legal&Collections

BOS

Hi gargoil,

Sorry to but unto your thread, but i am also ealing with DL&C. You are the only person i've come across who has ever heard of them! Can you tell me if they're just a DCA or are they actually something to do with MBNA?

Would be grateful for any info

Thanks, Nona

[CENTER][SIZE=2][I][COLOR=DarkOrange]Any advice offered is only my opinion, based on my experience with my claim [/COLOR][/I][/SIZE] [SIZE=3][COLOR=Blue][SIZE=2] I won my case because[/SIZE] I READ THESE FIRST[/COLOR][/SIZE] [URL="http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/faqs-please-read-these/"][COLOR=red]http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/faqs-please-read-these/[/COLOR][/URL] [/CENTER] [FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1][COLOR=magenta][COLOR=Black][SIZE=3]Halifax[/SIZE][COLOR=YellowGreen]-[/COLOR][/COLOR][B][SIZE=4][COLOR=Red][COLOR=YellowGreen]SETTLED IN FULL[/COLOR] :D:D:D[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1][COLOR=magenta] [COLOR=SeaGreen]Prelim letter sent [COLOR=Black]10/07/06[/COLOR] Moneyclaim issued [COLOR=Black]07//08/06[/COLOR][/COLOR] [COLOR=Red]Settled in full[/COLOR] [COLOR=Black]15/08/06 [SIZE=2] [/SIZE][/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][CENTER][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1][COLOR=magenta][COLOR=Black][SIZE=2][COLOR=DarkOrchid][SIZE=1]Survey completed. Donation made[/SIZE].[/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT] [/CENTER] [CENTER][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=2][COLOR=magenta][COLOR=Black][COLOR=Navy]Thanks to Dave and Bankfodder, and all who have given their time and advice[/COLOR]:)[/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT] [/CENTER] [FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1][COLOR=red][COLOR=Black]Co-op Bank Visa[/COLOR] Settled after LBA (only £61 but hey ho, every penny counts) [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1][COLOR=#00bfff] [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

They are a seperate company from MBNA. They are a debt collection agency whom MBNA sell debt onto. Probably at a pittance of a price. They are also a pain in the arse but i am about to become a pain for them now!! :)

BOS

I'm dealing with them too at the moment:-

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-bailiffs-advice/29248-advice-opinions.html

30 days expires on Sunday.

Smile:-The Ethical Bank:- Settled July 2006

HSBC:- Pre-lim sent 09/10/2006

LBA sent:-26/10/2006

Court papers issued:- 13/11/2006

Citifinancial/DLC:- Ongoing since 21st August. Now part of an OFT investigation into Debt Collection Practices.

I am only a Doctor of Love NOT Law. Don't blame me if me advice goes belly up!

:D (I will try to help all the same)

If i've helped, use the scales at the top to tell me how great I am!

Cheers! Been following your thread pford, Do you have a copy of th eletter you sen to TS that you could PM me? I'm not really sure quite what to say in it and am having trouble drafting one!!

Did all mine by phone. I only had to send them copies of all documentation between me and the bank they are now dealing with it

pford did trading standards give you any indication of what they would actually do?

BOS

Well got a reply in from "Hillsden" who I think are dl&c, letter is also cc'd to TS. They have certainly backed off from the usual "Gie us the money or we'll send in the heavies!" tact. However I think the letter is computer generated. This makes me more determined to start court action against them. The letter...

Thank you for your letter dated 5th October 2006. This has been passed to me for attention. I regret our failure to respond more fully to your letter and apologise for the delay.

I would confirm and advise the following:-

1. I acknowledge the £1 payment in connection with your data requests. We are still awaiting a copy of your original signed agreement from MBNA, together with your state ment of account. When these are avilable they will be forwarded.

2.If we are unable to forward a copy of th eoriginal agreement, we will be able to supply a true copy of the document which will comply with section 78 of the CCA.

3.In view of the current dispute, and our inability to supply a copy of the document at this time, we shall ask the CRA's to suppress our entry pending resolution.

Should you require anythiong further at this point please contact me accordingly. I will update you on developments in 21 days if there are no developments beforehand.

Yours sincerely

DIrector & Data Controller

dl&c

I plan to write back saying I will be sticking to my own timetable etc, further emphasising the criminal aspect and asking what the "suppress our CRA entry" actually means as I think thisis just a fob of statement." I will quote an exact date for me putting in summons and may even quote some of the particulars of claim to him. feel as if I'm going in the right direction. Expected a more agressive responce from them.

BOS

Hillesden ARE Direct Legal & Collections, I have been dealing with them for about 2 months, I have received the exact same letter as above. i'm just waiting to see if the default drops of my credit file in the next few days, if not then further letters will follow to Hillesden, Trading Standards and also to the Credit Reference agencies stating Hillesdens Letter.

As a side note they have 12 WORKING days (after which any debt is unenforcable) and then a further Month, (after which they are committing an offence). Then they can be reported to the Trading Standards office.

If my posts have helped you please use the scales at the top of my posts :)

Any opinions from Jannercobbler are strictly my own and I have no affiliation with any group or services.

The two most beautiful words in the English Language are "Cheque Enclosed" - Dorothy Parker

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/abbey-bank/399-abbey-letter-sent.html

Me v Abbey - £3000 + Int + Costs + Credit File Cleaned.

LBA Sent 12/3/06

Court Claim started - 31/5/2006

Allocation Questionnaire Filed - 24/7/06

Court Date allocated 31/10/2006

Me v Citi-Cards - CCA Sent 27/07/06

Me v Citi-Cards - Data Protection Act Sent 03/08/06

Me v Capital One - Data Protection Act Sent 03/08/06

Me v Hillesden Securities - CCA Sent 03/08/06

Me v Hillesden Securities - DPA Sent 03/08/06

As a side note they have 12 WORKING days (after which any debt is unenforcable) and then a further Month, (after which they are committing an offence). Then they can be reported to the Trading Standards office.

They've already had more than that!

BOS

Hi folks,

I am a bit out of my depth here i think, but i cancelled my DD to DL&C-to get them to write to me so i knew how to contact them-and they have threatened me with an enforcement order and bankruptcy. I have sent them a CCA letter requesting the signed agreement which they signed for on Friday. My questions are; should i resume payments? After the 12 days have they run out of time? Their letter seems to suggest that they can still try to get the signed agreement fromt he bank. Should I send them a SAR?

Thanks

Nona

[CENTER][SIZE=2][I][COLOR=DarkOrange]Any advice offered is only my opinion, based on my experience with my claim [/COLOR][/I][/SIZE] [SIZE=3][COLOR=Blue][SIZE=2] I won my case because[/SIZE] I READ THESE FIRST[/COLOR][/SIZE] [URL="http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/faqs-please-read-these/"][COLOR=red]http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/faqs-please-read-these/[/COLOR][/URL] [/CENTER] [FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1][COLOR=magenta][COLOR=Black][SIZE=3]Halifax[/SIZE][COLOR=YellowGreen]-[/COLOR][/COLOR][B][SIZE=4][COLOR=Red][COLOR=YellowGreen]SETTLED IN FULL[/COLOR] :D:D:D[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1][COLOR=magenta] [COLOR=SeaGreen]Prelim letter sent [COLOR=Black]10/07/06[/COLOR] Moneyclaim issued [COLOR=Black]07//08/06[/COLOR][/COLOR] [COLOR=Red]Settled in full[/COLOR] [COLOR=Black]15/08/06 [SIZE=2] [/SIZE][/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][CENTER][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1][COLOR=magenta][COLOR=Black][SIZE=2][COLOR=DarkOrchid][SIZE=1]Survey completed. Donation made[/SIZE].[/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT] [/CENTER] [CENTER][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=2][COLOR=magenta][COLOR=Black][COLOR=Navy]Thanks to Dave and Bankfodder, and all who have given their time and advice[/COLOR]:)[/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT] [/CENTER] [FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1][COLOR=red][COLOR=Black]Co-op Bank Visa[/COLOR] Settled after LBA (only £61 but hey ho, every penny counts) [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1][COLOR=#00bfff] [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

If I were you I'd do this...

1)Make a token payment if you can afford too as the debt is still enforceable before the 12 days are up and would look like good reasonable behaviour from you in the future if you needed to go to court.

2)Once the 12 days are up you can stop paying as they are now in default. Do nothing at this time, if they write to you write back pointing out this fact.

3)If the default continues for 30 days or 1 calendar month they have then commited a criminal offence and you have various things you can do then including bringing in trading standards etc, but we can deal with that then.

If they do produce the CCA agreement before he total 12 working days and then 1 month you can ask them to accept a reduced monthly payment but I think it is best that you can pay as much as you can afford. Theres template letters in the "debt collection & bailiff" section.

I definately think it is a good idea to sendthe Data Protection Act S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) to both dl&c and the original creditor and then you can use penalty charge sas the reason for account dispute. I don't think it is a good idea to use this method for debt avoidance. If anything it may give you a payment break for a shotwhile if you are short of money!

Also refuse to speak to them on the phone. If they persist in calling there are various letters on the forum to send them. You 'll probably find these if you do a search for "harrasment".

Best Of uck!!!

BOS

Thanks for that Gargoil xx

Sending out this letter to keep them on their toes...

Dear Sir,

In response to your letter dated 6th October 2006 and further to my initial letter of 5th October 2006. I would like to address the three bullet points that you made in your letter without acknowledging this debt to your company:-

1). You are reminded that under the legislation contained within section 78 (1) of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 you are legally required to provide the requested documentation within a strict time limit You are also reminded that you were obliged to supply these documents, whether you are the original creditor or not, under section 189 of the CCA 1974. If you now produce this documentation I will still be proceeding with my court action as detailed in my initial letter due to your non-compliance detailed in this legislation. I will again draw your attention to the fact that By not supplying the documentation you may now have committed a criminal act.

2). You state that if you are unable to forward me a copy of the original agreement you will be able to supply a true copy of the document. Only a properly formatted and signed agreement will comply with the above mentioned legislation.

3).Can you please explain the meaning of your statement “suppress our entry”? Only a complete removal of this entry from my credit file will be acceptable to resolve this issue.

I inititially gave you 14 days from the date of my first letter. As a gesture of goodwill on my behalf I will now give you 14 days from the date of this letter to reflect and act as I have requested. Please let me reiterate only a complete removal of the default entered on my credit file and a confirmation that there is no balance owed will stop me proceeding to obtain a court order.

Yours faithfully,

gargoil

BOS

Their computers must be doing a batch job as my letter from them was also dated 6th October.

NONA after the 12 WORKING days are up they are in default and they have to apply to a Court and explain to the Judge why they are in default and request permission to continue enforcing any debt.

Any opinions from Jannercobbler are strictly my own and I have no affiliation with any group or services.

The two most beautiful words in the English Language are "Cheque Enclosed" - Dorothy Parker

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/abbey-bank/399-abbey-letter-sent.html

LBA Sent 12/3/06

I think I may now DPA SAR them to find out how much I have paid to them as I think I may consider trying to claim this figure back. Has anyone filled out or drafted a particulars of claim for this type of action yet? I don't recall seeing any on the forum anywhere, it would be helpful to have one as a guideline for drafting my own.

• Haha 1

BOS

Not actually a particulars of claim but this may help.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-bailiffs-advice/36186-ongoing-saga.html

Is my letter and I will probably use the bulk of it as particulars of claim if and when the time comes.

• Confused 1

Smile:-The Ethical Bank:- Settled July 2006

HSBC:- Pre-lim sent 09/10/2006

LBA sent:-26/10/2006

Court papers issued:- 13/11/2006

Citifinancial/DLC:- Ongoing since 21st August. Now part of an OFT investigation into Debt Collection Practices.

I am only a Doctor of Love NOT Law. Don't blame me if me advice goes belly up!

:D (I will try to help all the same)

If i've helped, use the scales at the top to tell me how great I am!

Gargoil I have used your letter with a few amendments / inserts hope you don't mind.

This is what is heading towards them today.

In response to your letter dated 6th October 2006 and further to my letter of 4th October 2006. I would like to bring your attention to the following points:-

1. Although you acknowledge receipt for payment of £10 for my requested Subject Access Request, and have sent a print out of the information that you currently hold, I note that there is no statement of account for any alleged debt.

2. You are reminded that under the legislation contained within section 78 (1) of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 you are legally required to provide a properly formatted and signed original agreement or a true copy of the document within a strict time limit, this limit being, 12 Working days after which you are in default, followed by 1 (one) calendar month after which you may have committed a criminal offence.

You are also reminded that under section 189 of the CCA 1974, you are obliged to supply these documents within the required timescales, whether you are the original creditor or not.

3. I first wrote to you on 2nd August 2006 via recorded delivery, requesting a true copy of the signed agreement under the terms of sec. 77(1) and 78(1) of the Consumer Credit Act 1974, enclosing the statutory maximum fee of £1 in the form of a cheque. Therefore you have failed to adhere to the strict timescale permitted.

If you now produce this documentation, I will initiate a Court Action due to your non-compliance detailed in the above legislation.

I would like to again draw your attention to the fact that by not supplying the documentation requested within the strict timescales permitted you may now have committed a criminal act.

4. Therefore the only resolution will be a complete removal of your entry from my credit files, complete cessation of continuing to store, process or communicate my data and confirmation that there is no balance owed.

I initially gave you 7 days from the date of my last letter 4th October 2006. As a gesture of goodwill I will allow you a further 7 days from the date of this letter to act as I have requested. In any event, I shall expect a written confirmation from you acknowledging the contents of this letter within 5 working days.

I trust that I have made my position clear, and that Hillesden will now make a serious effort to understand its legal obligations and effect the changes requested. Should you be in any doubt as to the obligations as a Data Controller, then I would advise that you consult your corporate counsel.

Please let me reiterate again, that only a complete removal of the default entered on my credit files and a confirmation that there is no balance owed will stop me proceeding to obtain a court order.

Yours faithfully,

LBA Sent 12/3/06

Thats really good. At least there are quite a few of us at the same stage against these guys. Are you just seeking removal of default/ confirmation that account is settled or are you going to try and claim back monies paid?

BOS