Do I need to do anything?

jimfishybob
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6500 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I recieved a letter from a DCA in June stating that I owed them £2500,(ish), originally from Egg.

I have no idea where they got this idea from so I sent them a CCA.

They replied saying that they would suspend the account for 28 days until they got the info from Egg and could I please send them a photocopy of some official docs so they could prove who I am. (I'm aware this is against regulatory OFT procedures but that is a seperate issue, and I didn't anyway).

Over the next couple of days I got a further 2 letters, one offering me a reduced settlement and the second asking for proof of any payments I may have made in order to speed up the processing of my request, (?).

Needless to say I ignored both, firstly I made no payments on a debt I do not own so I can't prove any payments were made and even if I could do they think i'm stupid! (acknowledgment of debt and all that), secondly If I don't agree that I owe £2500 what makes them think i'll agree to £1250?

This was all in late June, (I issued the CCA on 20th).

Anyway, I'd admittedly forgotten about this until a couple of days ago when I sent a follow-up, (serious breach.....offence committed....put-up or shut up...etc...).

I've now recieved a letter saying that 'my' account has been put on long term hold as Egg did not respond to their requests for information and they are still waiting for them to do so. Interestingly, they've also included a postal order for £1, however, it is a different one from that which I sent them and is dated 26th June. This surely means that they knew they couldn't provide the information back then and were just waiting to see if I followed up or just went away.

My question is, as the account still seems to be active and they are still linking it with me, do I need to do anthing or should I just wait and see? I have copies of all correspondence so the debt is now unenforceable at this point anyway.

P.s. This is longer than I expected it to be. Sorry.

Smile:-The Ethical Bank:- Settled July 2006

HSBC:- Pre-lim sent 09/10/2006

LBA sent:-26/10/2006

Court papers issued:- 13/11/2006

Citifinancial/DLC:- Ongoing since 21st August. Now part of an OFT investigation into Debt Collection Practices.

I am only a Doctor of Love NOT Law. Don't blame me if me advice goes belly up!

:D (I will try to help all the same)

If i've helped, use the scales at the top to tell me how great I am!

Capquest.

jfb?????

Smile:-The Ethical Bank:- Settled July 2006

HSBC:- Pre-lim sent 09/10/2006

LBA sent:-26/10/2006

Court papers issued:- 13/11/2006

Citifinancial/DLC:- Ongoing since 21st August. Now part of an OFT investigation into Debt Collection Practices.

I am only a Doctor of Love NOT Law. Don't blame me if me advice goes belly up!

:D (I will try to help all the same)

If i've helped, use the scales at the top to tell me how great I am!