• Tweets

• Please see my comments on your post in red
    • Thanks for your reply, I have another 3 weeks before the notice ends. I'm also concerned because the property has detoriated since I've been here due to mould, damp and rusting (which I've never seen in a property before) rusty hinges and other damage to the front door caused by damp and mould, I'm concerned they could try and charge me for damages? As long as you've documented and reported this previously you'll have a right to challenge any costs. There was no inventory when I moved in, I also didn't have to pay a deposit. Do an inventory when you move out as proof of the property's condition as you leave it. I've also been told that if I leave before a possession order is given I would be deemed intentionally homeless, is this true? If you leave, yes. However, Your local council has a legal obligation to ensure you won't be left homeless as soon as you get the notice. As stated before, you don't have to leave when the notice expires if you haven't got somewhere else to go. Just keep paying your rent as normal. Your tenancy doesn't legally end until a possession warrant is executed against you or you leave and hand the keys back. My daughter doesn't live with me, I'd likely have medical priority as I have health issues and I'm on pip etc. Contact the council and make them aware then.      
    • extension? you mean enforcement. after 6yrs its very rare for a judge to allow enforcement. it wont have been sold on, just passed around the various differing trading names the claimant uses.    
    • You believe you have cast iron evidence. However, all they’d have to do to oppose a request for summary judgment is to say “we will be putting forward our own evidence and the evidence from both parties needs to be heard and assessed by a judge” : the bar for summary judgment is set quite high! You believe they don't have evidence but that on its own doesn't mean they wouldn't try! so, its a high risk strategy that leaves you on the hook for their costs if it doesn't work. Let the usual process play out.
    • Ok, I don't necessarily want to re-open my old thread but I've seen a number of such threads with regards to CCJ's and want to ask a fairly general consensus on the subject. My original CCJ is 7 years old now and has had 2/3 owners for the debt over the years since with varying level of contact.  Up to last summer they had attempted a charging order on a shared mortgage I'm named on which I defended that action and tried to negotiate with them to the point they withdrew the charging order application pending negotiations which we never came to an agreement over.  However, after a number of communication I heard nothing back since last Autumn barring an annual generic statement early this year despite multiple messages to them since at the time.  at a loss as to why the sudden loss of response from them. Then something came through from this site at random yesterday whilst out that I can't find now with regards to CCJ's to read over again.  Now here is the thing, I get how CCJ's don't expire as such, but I've been reading through threads and Google since this morning and a little confused.  CCJ's don't expire but can be effectively statute barred after 6 years (when in my case was just before I last heard of the creditor) if they are neither enforced in that time or they apply to the court within the 6 years of issue to extend the CCJ and that after 6 years they can't really without great difficulty or explanation apply for a CCJ extension after of the original CCJ?.  Is this actually correct as I've read various sources on Google and threads that suggest there is something to this?.
  • Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Nationwide taking me to court.HELP.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5436 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

what day is defence & acknowledgement of service due?

what does it actually say on the particulars of claim?

Can you post up the credit agreement, minus personal stuff.

i will be off site for the next month or so. if you have any problems, feel free to report the post so a moderator can help you.

I am not a qualified or practicing lawyer.

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

hi tomterm,

particulars of claim state

Hi, OOC, so... did you recieve a termination notice?

Also, can you provide the credit agreement (minus personal details)

i will be off site for the next month or so. if you have any problems, feel free to report the post so a moderator can help you.

hi tomterm8,

thats great news indeed:D

what about my default notice the extra 4k they have added can i make some kind of counter claim against them for this if they are going to be so stupid to proceed to court???

If i were you I would send the following letter to their soliciter, special delivery.

"Dear Sir,

RE: NOTICE TO RECTIFY DATA.

I note that you have disclosed information to several third parties (the "credit reference agencies") which is incorrect. I have not defaulted or made late payments on any enforceable credit agreement whatsoever.

I therefore require you to investigate this matter, and to correct this inacurate data forthwith.

Please regard this as a legal notice under the Data protection Act 1998 and a letter before action under the civil procedure rules.

Yours Sincerly,

XXX".

Then we will do a three pronged attack:

* Counter claims under DPA, Human Rights Act 1998 and various torts.

* counter claim of un just enrichment.

• Haha 1

RE: NOTICE TO RECTIFY DATA.

i read throgh the stuff on the data protection you suggested that seems really heavy would you advise this as i am nowhere near as well up on the legal side of things as yourself tomterm

I would advise you to send the letter ... you are under no obligation to actually do anything about it if you don't want to, but it enables you to have a counter claim latter on if you want one.

As requested:

Defence

1. I deny all allegations put by the claimant in their particulars of claim, and put them to strict proof on each allegation.

Circumstances surrounding the case

2. No notice of the intent by the claimant to pursue a legal action was received before the claimant commenced such action, neither was adequate information to investigate the claim provided by the claimant. I respectfully request that the court considers these issues when it comes to awarding costs.

3. I object that the claimant's statement of case is insufficiently particularised and does not comply or even attempt to comply with CPR part 16. In this regard I wish to draw the courts attention to the following matters;

a) A copy of any evidence of both the scope and nature of any default, and proof of any amount outstanding on the alleged accounts, has not been served attached to the claim form.

4 The defendant has served upon the Claimants solicitors by recorded delivery a letter dated DATE requesting clarification and disclosure under the Civil Procedure Rules. This letter has not been acknowledged neither has the information been disclosed, (A copy of this letter has been attached). The defendant is therefore unable to file a fully particularised defence or a counter claim while this default continues. I therefore respectfully ask the permission of the court to amend my case, if and when I receive this information.

5. No termination notice has ever been received by me; however a default notice was received by me on DATE. This default notice contained an amount that was incorrect as the repayment amount, and is therefore void. The claimant is therefore precluded from issuing legal action since it has not abided by the requirements of s88-89 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974.

Denial of Liability

6. I deny that I owe any money as alleged in the claimants particular of claims, or at all. In respect of that which I deny:

7. On DATE, I send by recorded delivery a request under the consumer credit act 1974 for a copy of the credit agreement, which the claimant replied to with a document which the Claimant has stated is the credit agreements in respect of the debt, a claim to which they are bound by virtue of s172 of the consumer credit act 1974.

8. It is clear that the document provided is a pre-contractual documents applying for credit from the claimant. Under s59(1) it appears that such agreements are void. It is therefore denied that these alleged credit agreements are valid for the purposes of enforcement by the courts.

9. In respect of that which is denied:

10. It is respectfully submitted that these agreements are improperly executed because

(a)they do not, amongst other things, contain the creditors’ signatures and are not correctly dated,*

(b) not all terms in the agreement are legible (since several terms have been rendered illegible by a mechanical stamp)

©, the agreement contains information about the applicant that is not found in a properly executed agreement and

(d) they are not in the prescribed format set out in under The Consumer Credit (Agreements) Regulations 1983.

11. The agreement was made before section 15 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 came into force. Therefore, by way of schedule 3, s11 of the consumer credit act 2006, those sections otherwise repealed by the Consumer Credit Act 2006 section 15 remain in force.

12. Consequently, the court is precluded from issuing an enforcement order ( e.g.Wilson and others v. Secretary of State for Trade and Industry [2003] UKHL 40 ) by way of s. 127(3) of the Consumer Credit Act 1974, since these documents do not contain all the prescribed terms defined in under the Consumer Credit (Agreements) Regulations 1983, these being defined by Reg 6(1) as being specified in Sch 6 to the Agreements Regulations for the purposes of s61(1)(a) and s127(3) .

13. The omitted terms including Credit Limit, Rate of interest, and Payment terms under the Consumer Credit (Agreements) Regulations 1983 schedule 6.

14. Accordingly, the Defendant does not know the case it has to meet and the Particulars of Claim neither disclose any cause of action with any reasonable prospect of success and/or are an abuse of the process of this Court and, in compliance with the Civil Procedure Rules can and should be struck out pursuant to part 3.4 of the same. Furthermore, the Defendant contends that the Claimant’s conduct in issuing the claim is vexatious and amounts to unlawful harassment pursuant to section 40 of the Administration of Justice Act 1970.

15. In view of the matters pleaded above, I respectfully request that the court gives consideration to whether the claimant’s statement of case should be struck out as disclosing no reasonable grounds for bringing the claim, and/or that it fails to comply with CPR Part 16.

16. Alternatively, I respectfully request a stay in proceedings until such time as the claimant complies with the requests outlined in paragraph's 4 and 5 above or until the court orders its compliance with the same. I will then be in a position to file a fully particularised defence and counterclaim and will seek the courts permission to amend my statement of case accordingly.

*delete as appropriate

• Haha 1

can I ask, is the content of both agreements the same?

Can you, perhapse, post them both up (minus personal details)

• 4 weeks later...

Have you called the court to ask if anything has been submitted / served on the court?

• 2 months later...
hi all,

now have court hearing date set nationwide still have not sent agreement can they still waste the courts time with this i put in an excellent defence with help from tom term and curly ben.

regards

out of cash

yeah... they can, and many DCA's do;)

What is the court date?

Were any unlawful charges added to the account?

did they send you a default notice?

Worst case scenario, you defend with an application for a time order.

• 1 month later...

I've moved the thread.

Can you give me a summary of what's happened in the last... four / five months?

Also, write up the text of the application.

• 2 weeks later...

OOC have they sent you

Have they sent you a copt of:

a. Default notice

b. Copies of statement

c. Copies of credit agreement

d. Copies of document of assignment

e. witness statement?

Basically, have they sent you the documents you requested.

Can you redact / wash (remove your personal details ) from a-e and post them here?

hi tomterm & everyone,

creditor seems to think that what they have supplied is sufficient enough the next court date is 11th may where they are going for summary judgement

this will be their 2nd time at applying for this i am going to S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) them for the default notice they say they sent which i cant seem to find is all they have is an application form which states in big caps its just that with 1 prescibed term and my sig page 2 full prescibed terms and conditions which are microscopic the judge at 1st hearing didnt even know that this debt came under the cca 1974 i am really dreading this costs to be paid my me if i lose around 12k + 10k to cred

all help and advice greatly appreciated i also stupidly admitted to the debt when asked by judge:eek:

best regards

to all out of cash

Can you then post up the documents:

1. the credit agreement

2. The default notice

Unless you do this, I can't help you.

Have they sent you copies of the statements? Have you worked out if they claimed any late payment etc charges?

Have they sent all the information in the original list, or explained why they don't have it?

All the best, Tom.

Well, what date was the agreement signed? roughly.

also, can we have the default notice they say they sent you ?

Is this "agreement" what they sent you as the result of the civil disclosure request?

• 4 weeks later...

Can we see the application form? The one you uploaded is corrumpted. Maybe use imageshack to get it online.

Agreement is in post 17

i can't read that one either.

No, I can't, i can't unzip it.

Hi tom

I used winRAR to unzip and Adobe Photoshop to view it,both free downloads.

I think i got them from Free Software Downloads and Software Reviews - Download.com

Hope this helps

With the greatest respect, I have four zip programs, winzip, winRAR, z-zip and free-zip, and none of them work on this file for me. if you can unzip it, would you please do so and upload the jpg file for me.