Out of arrears with GE Money...finally

:Boy:
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6094 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Finally, after 8 months of paying off £1500 of arrears (and don't forget those charges and interest they have added on for the Christmas party) I was hoping someone could advise me on the next step of getting the Suspended Possesion Order removed.

There is no point in talking to GE, as we all know what, if any, response I will get will be cr*p.

So if anyone can tell me who I write too or what I need, this would be greatly appreciated.

I can't believe they even got a Possesion order for 1 1/2 months of arrears, but they love splashing the cash, and charging us for it, how kind......When is that march on Malvern House in Watford, I had a great Ideal to charge them £40 a pop, if anyone is interested...!

you need to make an application to the court backed up buy evidence ie mortgage staement and or confirmation from them to have the case discharged if you dont if you get into arreas again they can just put in the bayliffs get a date for your application and then make out a draft order that asks the judge to discharge the possession order as all monies owed have been paid and send it to them to sign telling them that if they dont and you have to go to court you will ask the Judge for your costs. As long as you are absoloutly sure your clear he will give it to you , It might be an idea to write to them asking them to confirm that you are no longer in arreas first then you have it in writing to show a Judge

That is what happened this time. We went into arrears again, and they went straight for the repossesion bit.

As the arrears are now clear, I am asking GE to send a letter to confirm that it is clear, and I will phone the Court tomorrow.

Thanks for your help.

Well, I have phoned the Court and they can't really do much.

They have stated that there is no Suspended Possesion Order, all they have under the Claim number is an adjournment of the proceedings with liberty to restore.

So, if I fall into arrears again, they can go straight to the Court.

But I want this to be cancelled, so they do NOT have this to restore, as I have paid of the arrears and owe them only my monthly amount.

Any advice? The Court has suggested that I write to them to tell them the arrears are cleared, but they said that that would not do much, they suggested to contact the mortgage company??

Look forward to any advice

They have stated that there is no Suspended Possesion Order, all they have under the Claim number is an adjournment of the proceedings with liberty to restore.

Then all they can restore is the proceedings.

So, if I fall into arrears again, they can go straight to the Court.

They will do this anyway, and you will get more lit costs.

But I want this to be cancelled, so they do NOT have this to restore, as I have paid of the arrears and owe them only my monthly amount.

It is cancelled. There is nothing they can do without more arrears.

Any advice? The Court has suggested that I write to them to tell them the arrears are cleared, but they said that that would not do much, they suggested to contact the mortgage company??

Indeed. Write to them and ask for written proof that the arrears are now clear, and THEY are applying to have the case discontinued.

Look forward to any advice

This advice is based purely on my own experience..

I Wish you everything you wish yourself.

NatWest Claimed £1,639. Accepted £1,344.

Natwest Paid me again as GOGW £1,656. Yes they can have it back if they say please.

Barclays 1 Claimed £1,260. Won by default. Paid in full

Barclays 2 Claimed £2,378. Won by default. Paid in full

Birmingham Midshires. Claimed £2,122. Accepted £2,075.