• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Find out here if your local court is staying claims

ICY
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5375 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Its becoming a postcode lottery, just like the health service & schools.

[COLOR=#2e8b57][B][SIZE=1][U]Claimed & won so far[/U]:-[/SIZE][/B][/COLOR] [COLOR=#2e8b57][SIZE=1][COLOR=seagreen][U]Banks[/U]:- NatWest Personal £1000, Natwest Business £2000, Lloyds TSB Personal £1500, [U]Mortgages[/U]:-Central Capital (PPI) £500, Natwest MEAF £140 [/COLOR][COLOR=#2e8b57][U]Credit cards[/U]:- HSBC Gold card £365, Capital One £599.55 Barclaycard £1070 ( i only aske for £700) , Lloyds £500 [U]Catalogues[/U]:- Littlewoods Direct Flex Account £60 :D [/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR] [COLOR=#2e8b57][SIZE=1][B][U]For Friends[/U][/B]:- Natwest £1500, £1800 & £500, Cap One £600, Barclaycard £400, Solutions £100, Aqua, £105.[/SIZE][/COLOR] [COLOR=#2e8b57][B][U][SIZE=1][COLOR=seagreen]Pending:-[/COLOR][/SIZE][/U][/B] [COLOR=seagreen][SIZE=1]Barclays Bank Personal (On hold - Thanks a lot OFT) :mad:.[/SIZE][/COLOR][/COLOR]

• Replies 752
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

All the below courts have said ALL cases will be stayed, whilst the outcome of the test case is decided this affects current account claims, CREDIT CARD CLAIMS ARE STILL AS NORMAL REGARDLESS OF THE TEST CASE:

1. Birkenhead County Court,

2. Blackpool County Court,

3. Bolton Combined Court Centre,

4. Bradford County Court,

5. Brighton County Court,

6. Canterbury Combined Court Centre,

7. Cardiff Civil Justice Centre,

8. Chorley County Court,

9. Doncaster County Court,

10. Exeter Combined County Centre,

11. Gateshead County Court,

12. Guildford County Court,

13. Halifax County Court,

14. Leicester County Court,

15. Luton County Court,

16. Maidstone Combined Court Centre,

17. Nottingham County Court,

18. Oldham County Court,

19. Peterborough Combined Court Centre,

20. Plymouth Combined Court,

21. Poole County Court,

22. Preston Combined Court Centre,

23. Rhyl County Court,

24. Rugby County Court,

25. Southend County Court,

26. Taunton County Court,

27. Telford County Court,

28. Torquay and Newton Abbot County Court,

29. Weston-Super-Mare County Court,

HALIFAX CC have now put a blanket stay on CREDIT CARD CLAIMS.

[COLOR=#2e8b57][B][SIZE=1][U]Claimed & won so far[/U]:-[/SIZE][/B][/COLOR] [COLOR=#2e8b57][SIZE=1][COLOR=seagreen][U]Banks[/U]:- NatWest Personal £1000, Natwest Business £2000, Lloyds TSB Personal £1500, [U]Mortgages[/U]:-Central Capital (PPI) £500, Natwest MEAF £140 [/COLOR][COLOR=#2e8b57][U]Credit cards[/U]:- HSBC Gold card £365, Capital One £599.55 Barclaycard £1070 ( i only aske for £700) , Lloyds £500 [U]Catalogues[/U]:- Littlewoods Direct Flex Account £60 :D [/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR] [COLOR=#2e8b57][SIZE=1][B][U]For Friends[/U][/B]:- Natwest £1500, £1800 & £500, Cap One £600, Barclaycard £400, Solutions £100, Aqua, £105.[/SIZE][/COLOR] [COLOR=#2e8b57][B][U][SIZE=1][COLOR=seagreen]Pending:-[/COLOR][/SIZE][/U][/B] [COLOR=seagreen][SIZE=1]Barclays Bank Personal (On hold - Thanks a lot OFT) :mad:.[/SIZE][/COLOR][/COLOR]

Ive got a case agianst GE Capital re my mortgage judge in Telfod has put a stay on why when its a mortgage case ?

I also have a case for business claim with Lloyds & Nat West stays given there and to cap it all Im helping a friend with a credit card claim guess what judge at Telford put stay on that too what is happening ????

Thought OFT didnt apply to credit card or mortgages or indeed business accounts any help links for appeal letter sin all cases helpful as everything seems to be grinding to a halt here .

Is it worth appealing and paying £35 in any of these cases as it seems judges giving stays on all charge claims whether its banks credit cards building societies or mortgages HELLPPPPPPPP

Regards Gaz

Most courts are accepting a letter, rather than the normal form, and do not expect you to send £35. Check with your court.

List updated

For what reason, was it to allow settlement or due to the OFT announcement, if it is the latter then you need to apply to have it set aside as the OFT case is not about credit card claims

Barclaycard have got a stay on my claim, due to the OFT action.

Ive been told to write to court if i do not agree with it.

Just about to write to court, to try and get my stay lifted.

Will let you know how i go on.

BARCLAYCARD:-

By order of designated civil judge His Honour Judge Hawkesworth QC (Halifax)

IT IS ORDERED THAT

This case be stayed until the 29th February 2008 pending the decision in the Commercial Court with liberty to apply, any such application specifying the reason why the stay should not apply.

• 2 weeks later...

Just spoke to the Halifax County court, regarding my credit card stay.

I sent a letter, as instructed by the court, asking for the incorrect stay to be lifted.

Today, i was told that i now have to fill in the correct forms and send a cheque. I was also told that it does not matter what the FSA, FOS, AND OFT say, or the credit card companies - If the judge wants to stay credit card claims aswell, thats up to him, and there is nothing i can do about it.

For what its worth, i have asked for a court complaint form. I am more bothered about the lack of justice now, than the money.

Is there a thread for removing stays for credit cards anywhere?

• 3 weeks later...

You would be better off with the FOS. No fees and No stays, and u can still go to court if it fails.

(Credit cards)

Sorry about that - I was anwering the post above re credit cards, but should have quoted. I have made ammendments.

I meant credit card claims are still proceeding. They are handling mine.

Whereas my credit card claim in the courts has been stayed.

Thankyou and Hi TECHSPEC,

I think the Financial Ombudsman, is that who you mean? is probably the safest route and cheapest ,if the longest!!!

Is there a template form available to help fill in credit card claims with the F.O.,please? Many Thanks ,pinadagolf lady:)

Yes thats right, FOS is the Finacial Ombudsman Service.

You are right that they are slow, but so are courts if the case is stayed. Credit card companies like Capital One, who paid up pretty easy before, are aware that the judges are messing up, so they are now holding back some offers.

Follow the bank reclaim thread on the Money Saving Expert home page. Scroll down to the FOS option, and it tells you what to put on the form.

• Haha 1

If your CREDIT CARD case is stayed , and you cannot get it lifted, then the FOS would take on the case, if you withdrew the court case.

I assume you asked for an hearing on the stay form then, and paid the extra.

I might do that, instead of paying £35,

I complained about my court staying credit cards.

I reieved a letter from Halifax CC today, saying that the district judge declined to deal with it, saying that it was a matter for the designated civil judge.

So if you get a numpty judge, who does not know whats happening - your basically stuck with him.

Just proves what a lottery it is.

I was told to write and send no money. After a month, they changed their mind and asked for £35 and the correct forms.

• 1 month later...

Judge Hawksworth QC at Halifax County Court still insists that credit card cases be stayed.

Any applictation to have it removed will be rejected on the grounds that bank charges and credit card charges are similar.