Claimitall V HBOS

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6469 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have just sent off LBA for first claim of £388 to BoS and prelim letter for a further £5000+. Its just shocking how much money they have taken from us

moderated: please do not post what may be seen as libelous comments on this forum please ,this is to protect the site

Lloyds TSB £395 Decree awarded against TSB

HBOS £750 setted in full

IF £750 Small Claim filed 26/10 - won unconditionally

Barclaycard £110 + Data Protection Act Non compliance Information Commissioners Office complaint. Small Claim filed 12/10 - Won unconditionally

HBOS2 £750 small claim settled in full

MSDW £115 Settled- accepted Full amount unconditionally

HBOS3 £750 Settled in full

HBOS4 £750 Small claim filed for return 15/1/07 No defence filed Decree issued by court

Clydesdale Bank Credit Card £496 small Claim filed 25/10 Court hearing 19/1/07 - continued for 2 weeks

Mrs Claimital's M&S Card £60 LBA sent 12.10 - Full refund & interest accepted by Mrs Claimitall

• 1 month later...

Have started small claim in scottish court for £656 plus int and costs. Return date is 8/9/06.

HBOS £750 setted in full

Barclaycard £110 + Data Protection Act Non compliance Information Commissioners Office complaint. Small Claim filed 12/10 - Won unconditionally

HBOS4 £750 Small claim filed for return 15/1/07 No defence filed Decree issued by court

Clydesdale Bank Credit Card £496 small Claim filed 25/10 Court hearing 19/1/07 - continued for 2 weeks

Mrs Claimital's M&S Card £60 LBA sent 12.10 - Full refund & interest accepted by Mrs Claimitall

• 2 weeks later...

Received letter from Bank of Scotland today.

They are not admitting any liability and will refund my total claim on a purely commercial basis.

HBOS £750 setted in full

Received letter from Bank of Scotland today.

They are not admitting any liability and will refund my total claim on a purely commercial basis.

I now have a dilemma with the next stage. I have a further £5K approx to claim back. Now that BOS have refunded my first small claim do i continue down the route of £750 chunks or try to claim the £5k in an english court. My LBA for the further amount is up in a week or so.

Any advice greatly appreciated

HBOS £750 setted in full

mexwave2vi.gifcongratsWHT.gifmexwave2vi.gif

Thanks Bookworm - without the website wouldn't have tried this, thanks to all on here and on with the fight.

HBOS £750 setted in full

I now have a dilemma with the next stage. I have a further £5K approx to claim back. Now that BOS have refunded my first small claim do i continue down the route of £750 chunks or try to claim the £5k in an english court. My LBA for the further amount is up in a week or so.

Any advice greatly appreciated

HBOS £750 setted in full

Claimitall,

I am in a similar position to you, and I have decided to go for summary cause next time, just to get the whole thing moving, and there are people out there who are being settled on summary cause.

I decided to dip my toe in the legal waters using small claims, however I now think that by settling out of court (I'll come back to this in a minute) they have weakened their position when I go for summary cause.

Now back to the small claim, can I ask you a question ..... I received an injection of funds into my easycash account yesterday, but it is minus the interest payment, did you have to push for the interest, or did they just pay it separately?

I am disinclined to advise the court that this is settled without the interest being paid back.

thanks

T

xx

I will not be held liable for any advice/comments given... if in any doubt please consult professional advice.

HBOS Acc1 - Small Claim Filed 31/07/06 - WON -21/8/06 - MCOL -06/09/06 - WON 13/09/06

HBOS acc2 -Small Claim Filed 02/08/06 - WON 13/09/06 - Round 2 Prelim Letter sent 14/09.06 - LBA sent 27/09/06 - MCOL 16/10/06

HBOS acc3 Prelim Letter sent 14/09/06 - LBA sent 27/09/06 - MCOL 16/10/06

T

To answer your question, BOS paid the interest and court fee separately from the refund. However it was paid in on the same day and without pushing from me.

I now have £5k to claim and have already worked out that another £1k in interest would be due by going down the court route. That might therefore still be an option as if they purely settled now (some chance !) i obviously would not be able to charge them the 8% interest.

I am therefore going to write to them again in light of their settlement as it will have both shown i am serious and weakened their future refusals.

I am going to as a gesture of goodwill offer them a further 7 days to reflect, provide me with a full refund and i might just not take them to court.

C

HBOS £750 setted in full

I am disinclined to advise the court that this is settled without the interest being paid back.

and i think you should not accept anything other than your full claim plus interest and your court fee.

C

HBOS £750 setted in full