Scanner V Abbey

scanner
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6115 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have gone through the motions and recieved the normal goodwill gesture.

I have/had and overdraught of £2000 which was only increased everytime to pay for the charges. My claim is for £3987.

I rejected the goodwill £1300 and accepted it as part payment.

Two days ago i tried using my card at a store where it was declined, this happened twice. On phoning Abbey they informed me that the overdraught was cancelled, and in money in the account was used to pay toward it.

I was lead to believe that they cannot make changes to an account without informing the account holder. I am now £1300 in debt rather than overdrawn. as all my money in the bank has been taken by the bank any direct debits are going to be returned, and will not be payed,

Where do i go from here.

Hi,

they are not allowed to just cancel your OD without notice.

A simalar thing happened a day or 2 ago, check out this thread

Abbeyjuatbentusover

they manged to get the OD reinstated by calling them.

Give that a try and inform them that they are breaking the banking code and you will complain.

good luck

Lloyds settled in full

£4010.02:D

Halifax CC settled

£417.00 :D

Lloyds PPI

£3672.15 Refunded off loan :D

does anyone know what banking code is being broken, so that i can quote it on the phone to them

Hello,

I do not believe that they are allowed to penalise you for reclaiming back your bank charges.

Here is the banking code for your reference

http://www.bankingcode.org.uk/pdfdocs/BANKING%20CODE.pdf

I would write a letter of complaint to them, and the Chief Executative of the bank. Maybe also the OFT and the FOS reporting them for their despicable behaviour. How childlike they are. I would also put in a claim for late payment charges, you will be charged by other companies who do not get their payment.

Oh and while your at it. Maybe change your bank account

If any of my posts are helpful, please feel free to click my scales. All information is given as my opinion only, based on my own personal experiences. I have no legal training, but have educated myself in aspects of consumer legislation. My motto "NEVER GIVE IN, NEVER SURRENDER", THERE IS A WAR ON YOU KNOW

All Hail the english

I first spoke to our wonderful indian helpdesk who gave me a big speech about the underwriters and it is all my fault and therefor nothing that can be done.

I put the phone down and called again this time selecting the lost card option (3) I then spoke to an englishman who admitted it was a bank error and he reset the overdraught.

I was going to quote the Monopoly game "bank error in your favour collect 200" but that would be pushing it.

Thanks People