Wescott given up - now Lowells trying.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6081 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I would write to Lowells with a copy to HSBC pointing out that the account is quite clearly in dispute and, as Wescott were not able to supply a copy of the agreement and are therefore in default, the agreement cannot be enforced which means

They may not demand any payment on the account, nor are you obliged to offer any payment.

They may not add any further interest or charges to the account.

They may not pass the account to any third party.

They may not register any information in respect of the account with any of the credit reference agencies.

They may not issue a default notice related to the account.

I think you could also report HSBC for passing a disputed debt on, or just put a comment in their letter to the effect that if you hear from them or anyone else ever again about the alleged debt, you will report them.

RMW

"If you want my parking space, please take my disability" Common car park sign in France.

• 3 weeks later...

It's not on any of their scripts so they have no idea how to deal with it at all.

If it's not on the script and you say it in a phone call - ignore it.

If it's not on the script and you put it in writing - ignore it.

• Haha 1

RMW

"If you want my parking space, please take my disability" Common car park sign in France.

However, I do not blame the call centre staff at all - and no, I don't work in one and never have - it's all down to a complete lack of training which might give them some idea of what they're doing plus total discouragement from using anything resembling their own initiative.

RMW

Exactly.

If you haven't already done it, find the template letter on here about telephone harassment and send it. Otherwise report them to Trading Standards, and tell them you've done it. In writing of course!

RMW