Credit card company's previous name

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6130 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Can anybody help me with the name of a credit card/bank that I believe is called something different now. I'm sure it was The People's Bank of..........? and Im sure it was an American city but I cant for the life of me remember it, nor what it has changed to now. Any info much appreciated.

G

One i remember from the US is this one:

Peoples Bank Home Page

and this one:

Peoples Federal Savings Bank - The Bank for Boston!

Hope this helps

Uk

WARNING TO ALL

Please be aware of acting on advice given by PM .Anyone can make mistakes and if advice is given on the main forum people can see it to correct it ,if given privately then no one can see it to correct it. Please also be aware of giving your personal details to strangers

I had a People's Bank Connecticut Comic Relief credit card , they sold to Citibank - the card number starts 4479

I remember using the card in a supermarket oop north and the thicko checkout operator asked the supervisor whether she could accept the card ?????? lol

It reminded me of Nana from the Royle Family asking the vegetarian if she could eat wafer thin ham ?and then the thicko refused to accept the card for less than £1 , although I always thought £1.09 was more than £1 - where do they find these thick staff ?

This website has now closed

Yorkshire born and Yorkshire bred, thick in the arm and thick in the head

Hurray thanks ZZZZZZZZ thats solved another dilemma, ......or at least I can now realise what Citbank is related to on my bank statemnts a million yrs back....lol

As for the anecdote, ah well wouldnt the world be boring if everyone were quickwitted, stunningly gorgeous geniuses like us her what subscribe to this froum....oops forum.....and should that be geniiiiiii as a plural ?/ who cares....gave me a chuckle ta muchly......:lol: