D & K v First Direct

Exige
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6105 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

We have now completed step 1 of our claim against FD, submitted SAR request today, just on reviewing the online statements for past 27 months appears FD have charged us around £880 so far. Will update on amount claiming when receive details from them for rest of history.

Minor hiccup, I sent letter without £10 cheque in my eagerness to get the ball moving, oops! Have submitted supplementary letter with cheque in it!

Here's now waiting impatiently :rolleyes:

Here is my Update. SAR letter submitted on 18 July, received letter on 20th July which read....

Thank you for you letter dated 18 July enclosing £10 cheque

The information you requested is provided free of charge, therefore the cheque has been destryed

If you require any further information please telephone First Direct on the number at the top of this letter

Maybe it is me being paranoid but is this letter a clever legal trick? I know that the 40 days hasnt subsided yet but given they have destryed my cheque does this invalidate the original letter?

Also they make no commentary about the original request for information being valid and that they will provide it to me.

So, should I respond to this letter saying something along the lines of...

Thank you for your response, the requirements from my original letter still stand and I await the information to arrive in due course within the stated time scales

Has anyone else received similar and responded or should I wait for the 40 days to expire before contact them again.

Given the threads I have seen already involving FD I notice they choose to draw out the resolution of these claim for as long as possible and I dont want to give them the satisfaction of being able to make this any more lengthy than is necessary.

Thanks

Haha!!

Just popped down to pick up the post, another letter which fills me with more confidence. Received today a letter stating...

Please note bank only retains records for a period of six years, these will be provided to you by courier and require a signature.

When they arrive I will be ready to move to the next stage, submitting my claim.

Cheers for now, updates to follow

Hi

Yes it's cheering and they are very efficient and friendly and helpful but they will dig their heels in (in my experience) and it does all get a little scary but I found the general info from the money expert site very reassuring. I think they will go the distance (certainly with mine) and I'm not sure how this is going to end.................I think it might be a test of nerve!

Has anyone else experienced the case being transferred to their local Court? And what happened after that? The solicitors defence is so badly written and badly spelt it makes me wonder where this will end and it is a little scary ......never having had anything to do with the Court system before.............

Has anyone else experienced the case being transferred to their local Court? And what happened after that? The solicitors defence is so badly written and badly spelt it makes me wonder where this will end and it is a little scary ......never having had anything to do with the Court system before.............

I have read a few posts and testimonies in the FD section. It appears they push all the way so stand strong and dont go soft on them! Stick to the deadlines and respond as guided.

Good luck, i'm sure i have all this to come :-x

31 July 2007

Copy statements received in post today, now consolidating charges as per the spreadsheet provided and will submit claim by end of week.

By the way, I've just noticed the £10 charge on the statements now. This I assume is the one they charge customer for the priviledge of having an overdraft, or to put it their way, for not being in credit!! I assume this is a way around charging people for the overdraft facility and this is a charge I cant claim back? Please advise.

Claim value looks like being £1,245 which is total charges for last 6 years

• 1 month later...

LBA submitted, 14 days expires today, 03 Sept 2007.

However, as per my other post in general FD section have now received a 'stalling' letter from FD to do with all proceedings on hold until test case is reviewed by courts, FSA and OFT and an agreed position on resolution confirmed,

until this 'test' case resolved no alims will be dealt with which could be several months away!