Abbey file defence as 'paid'

stuteeblue
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6158 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi folks...am now at the stage in my action against Abbey where it has been tranferred to my local C.C. (Telford)...Abbey have filed their (standard) defence through HMCOL but having phoned Telford C.C. clerks regarding any fees (as the AQ has been dispensed with) they inform me Abbey have filed a defence saying this has been 'paid'.This is untrue to say the least!!...I got the usual 65% settlement offer letter which I declined!...has anybody else had similar? Am considering asking for this defence to be struck out at the directions hearing (which I'm told I can attend)...anybody any thoughts or advice on this? :)

Hi, can you elaborate a bit, in what section did they say that the claim had been paid?

Lula

Lula v Abbey - Settled

Lula v Abbey (2) - Settled

Lula v Abbey (3) - Stayed

Hi...this is just at the transfer to local C.C. stage...have had the letter from HMCOL stating it had been sent to Telford County Court and that the AQ has been dispensed with (order of HMCOL judge)...have phoned the clerks at Telford County Court who inform me Abbey have filed a defence stating they have paid the claim...NOT!!!!!!!!!!....am about to start the court bundle and awaiting directions from the Judge at Telford C.C. (clerks say he will probabley have a short directions hearing...which I may attend)...any ideas?

Well you need to call the court and inform them that they have not paid the claim and the Clerk should go back to abbey and ask them to prove this, cheeky ******s!!!!!!!! and obviously you can back this up with bank statements to show that you have not received this money.

Lula

Lula v Abbey - Settled

Lula v Abbey (2) - Settled

Lula v Abbey (3) - Stayed