Help needed-I think I've won!!!!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6130 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

:o :o I know this sounds silly but I think I might have won one of my claims, but I could still do with some advice. I received a without prejudice letter today from SC&M saying inessence that they will refund all my bank charges with interest and fees but that I must sign a letter which states the terms under which I will get my money back. I want the money but not the terms and conditions attached to it. According to the letter I only have ten days in which to accept. How do I resolve this matter, also I have another claim going through which is about 4-5 days behind this one, if I refuse their conditions will I jepardise my other claim???

Please,please help:?

Hi Notahappybunny

What are the terms and conditions??

jaxads

Halifax - £2281, successfully refunded all charges after LBA letter & telephone call.

Have been offered the difference between the £20 and £12 charges from Capital One -- am sending LBA for remainder.

GE Money - Received settlement of £441, being total charges requested. No interest though.

CCA'd Bank of Scotland / Blair Oliver Scott to produce CCA Agreements on two Credit Cards - well in default, although still chasing payment!!!

EOS Solutions "ceased action on account" on behalf of a friend.

All in all, quite busy at the moment and enjoying every minute of it
:eek:

Basically

1. money to be credited to account

2.Payment in full and final settlement

3. terms confidential

4.agree to maintain account within agreed limits

6.make contact with bank to review account...

7. notify courts that payment has been made and provide copy of letter to court for their records.

money is not in account yet.

Hi all you out there again

Just had a couple of thoughts today, and I don't wish to second guess anyone but when I write off saying that I won't accept sc&m conditions for the offer, but still want the money, can I stipulate a time period for paying the money into my account and what would I then do if the time scale is passed.

Has anyone not accepted their conditions and not got all of their money back?:confused:

Think most people turn down all conditions and just send a letter accepting settlement unconditionally. I haven't read any threads where the conditions have been rejected and payment refused.

Barclays - 2 Accounts - WON

Capital 1 - WON with CI

LTSB - WON

LTSB pre 6 years - N1 for non compliance filed

Barclays pre 6 years - Prelim sent

Basically

1. money to be credited to account

2.Payment in full and final settlement

3. terms confidential

4.agree to maintain account within agreed limits

6.make contact with bank to review account...

7. notify courts that payment has been made and provide copy of letter to court for their records.

money is not in account yet.

Hi there Notahappybunny

Just wondering if you have sent your offer letter back to solicitors, I have had exactly the same letter and conditions. If so have you rejected all the conditions? I need to send mine back by 10th July?

Debating the contact to review account bit, got plenty I'd like to say, but.....

Reading Rebel

Got another question about these settlement offer letters.

Can you cross out the conditions you don't want to accept but add a date onto their letter stipulating when you want the money paid into your account, or would you have to send a completely seperate letter.

I don't want to be waiting 4 or 5 weeks for my money.

Not posted it yet, I'm rejecting all conditions, keep an I on this thread and I can let you know how it goes.

I have also written back, NOT accepting conditions. I sent a separate letter confirming this (link I found from Barty), have also scored through their conditions, except the review of account as if they do still want this, that's fine with me as plenty to say and have charges to my account since I started this claim. I posted mine recorded delivery 5th July and my court date is set for 24th July, so will let you know my response too!

Reading Rebel

Can anyone advise please. I sent back my letter rejecting LTSB conditions that came with their offer, they got the letter on Monday but there is still no money put in my account, do you think if I ring them I might get somewhere. I did give a deadline for payment which runs out over the weekend.???

Any ideas?:?

It can take a couple of weeks for them to pay and to be honest I don't think they actually read peoples letters other than accpet/decline.

Do you have a number for them? If so I'd ring anyway I can't see it'll do you any harm.

Good luck

SAR sent 07/03/07

Statements rec'd 14/04/07 (ish)

Prelim Sent 03/07/07

Prelim rejection rec'd 10/07/07

LBA sent 12/07/07

Can anyone advise please. I sent back my letter rejecting LTSB conditions that came with their offer, they got the letter on Monday but there is still no money put in my account, do you think if I ring them I might get somewhere. I did give a deadline for payment which runs out over the weekend.???

Any ideas?:?

I haven't had any reply yet either and court date soon. When is your court date set for? They won't stick to your timescales, at the end of the day its the court date they want to avoid, especially with a judge recently asking for a breakdown of their charges.

Just make sure you're prepared as if going to court, you know what they're like.....will leave until the last minute.

R R