• Tweets

• Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
        • Thanks
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Please help-can't work it out!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6014 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi there,yes i can see what you mean-crafty so-and so's.

i'll now compose another e-mail to NW +see if they answer this time.!

bet she ignores me again:p.

anyway thank you for doing this for me -wait for next instalment!

hope you get some response to yours soon too-you're a star!

shirl

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

hi there,yes i can see what you mean-crafty so-and so's.

i'll now compose another e-mail to NW +see if they answer this time.!

bet she ignores me again:p.

anyway thank you for doing this for me -wait for next instalment!

hope you get some response to yours soon too-you're a star!

shirl

Who you dealing with is it DE

If any of my posts are helpful, please feel free to click my scales. All information is given as my opinion only, based on my own personal experiences. I have no legal training, but have educated myself in aspects of consumer legislation. My motto "NEVER GIVE IN, NEVER SURRENDER", THERE IS A WAR ON YOU KNOW

hi ,

yes it sure is-you had dealings with her?

don't think she likes me!

shirl

That has made me laugh out loud. Well I never, I actually think she is sweet, but does tend to ignore you, :rolleyes: well we best keep at her eh:cool:

If any of my posts are helpful, please feel free to click my scales. All information is given as my opinion only, based on my own personal experiences. I have no legal training, but have educated myself in aspects of consumer legislation. My motto "NEVER GIVE IN, NEVER SURRENDER", THERE IS A WAR ON YOU KNOW

Hi HHNF & Shirl, it's the other Shirl (s) hijacking again!

HHNF. how on earth did you find out that they were charging the total intereset premium each year for 10 years?

what on earth would have possessed them? was it some kind of clerical error? i mean how could they justify trying to get away with charging this type of interest?

i know i know they are a large financial instit and all that, but they couldnt seriously have expected to get away with it? are they not audited? there must be some outside agency go in on a reg basis and check over their paperwork (live cases). ie random samples on each of services they offer.

by the way first draft of POC done, but taking a break to go back and review over the weekend. got struck on how to introduce the mis representation act into claim, and fraud act 2006 (which i will have to read up first).

will post on my thread when complete. if nothing else it will put a smile on your face, as i am sure it will read like the biggest load of BS you have ever read in your live, bigger even that the BS we customers have been getting from the financial instit for years. this will only be because not sure how to state the facts so that they look as impressive as the points on bank charges POC. but hey gotta start somewhere

Shirl. good luck with your next email to nasty west.

have either of you thought about inviiting this young woman over for tea one night or arranging to meet over a game of golf and thrash out the matter:) the personal touch of a whack round the head with a golf iron or tea pot should sort out the reclaim issue pronto :D that or a short term in clink, but dont worry as long as you are out within 6 years of raising your original complaint you will still be able to follow it up on release:D :D :D

please excuse me in a silly mood. and of course i dont advocate violence;)

Shirls

• 2 weeks later...

Well,here i am again,

After sending 4 e-mails the woman (to be known as ms x) has finally replied!she answered none of my questions to her.:mad:

After telling me the ppi was provided by NW,she has said that Norwich Union provided 1+ Sun Alliance provided the other.:(

I sent another e-mail back outlining the 6 points i wanted answered+got a p***off letter back!!:eek:

miss x says i've got all info they have hmmmm......so go to court if you want(or words to that effect!)

so...think i have to go court route now.or does anyone know of anybody else i can pester?!!:D :D :p shirl

Well,here i am again,

After sending 4 e-mails the woman (to be known as ms x) has finally replied!she answered none of my questions to her.:mad:

After telling me the ppi was provided by NW,she has said that Norwich Union provided 1+ Sun Alliance provided the other.:(

I sent another e-mail back outlining the 6 points i wanted answered+got a p***off letter back!!:eek:

miss x says i've got all info they have hmmmm......so go to court if you want(or words to that effect!)

so...think i have to go court route now.or does anyone know of anybody else i can pester?!!:D :D :p shirl

Possibly the ICO for non-compliance with your SAR.

I have just sent them a lba for non-compliance of my SAR I have given them 7days and then I will file a n1 to court. I have to make a stand now.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello again,

Does anyone know for definite whether interest to present date can be claimed on PPI?The reason I'm asking is because I've been reading around +all I've seen is 'refund of all payments of PPI +interest'

Does this mean only interest on payments paid?or interest on these +interest to date?

Had final response letter plus bit of arguing with them-they won't listen +just repeat same goodwill gesture blah blah-they won't talk to me any more:cry:

So want to be very sure before I start court action.Getting really down about this now.Frustrating when you know they're keeping info back+lying to you;) Gotta cheer myself up!:D shirl

Hello again,

Does anyone know for definite whether interest to present date can be claimed on PPI?The reason I'm asking is because I've been reading around +all I've seen is 'refund of all payments of PPI +interest'

Does this mean only interest on payments paid?or interest on these +interest to date?

Had final response letter plus bit of arguing with them-they won't listen +just repeat same goodwill gesture blah blah-they won't talk to me any more:cry:

So want to be very sure before I start court action.Getting really down about this now.Frustrating when you know they're keeping info back+lying to you;) Gotta cheer myself up!:D shirl

Hello Shirl,

Hope you are well and keeping up the good fight. I truely know how you feel regarding the fact that they keep information back, oh and they do tell mistruths continuously, but hopefully they catch themselves out.

Now regarding the interest thingy. You claim for the ppi and interest that they attached to the ppi. That is the amount they charged you for the ppi. You calculate that from the date of the start of the loan to the date that they pay it back, either at the statutory rate of 8% or the contractual interest rate of the loan, ie, 17.9%, 9.9%

Did I not help you with the figures before??????

Hi Sandra,

yes you did work figures out for me but starting to doubt myself now!I was clear on what to claim but Ms DE says shes offered PPI refund +interest +thats the end of it.I .looked on few links +they all seem to say 'refund of payments +interest' so started thinking........mmm maybe I got mixed up!:confused: BTW dont bother going to top man-he doesnt want to know either!I told them how I found info by ringing different depts + they said will not enter into any more correspondence:D

have you had final response letter yet?

shirl

Hi Sandra,

yes you did work figures out for me but starting to doubt myself now!Think that is was they want to achieve. I was clear on what to claim but Ms DE says shes offered PPI refund +interest +thats the end of it. Who is she???? the LACKY I .looked on few links +they all seem to say 'refund of payments +interest' They always applied interest to the ppi.so started thinking........mmm maybe I got mixed up!:confused: Easy doneBTW dont bother going to top man-he doesnt want to know either!I told them how I found info by ringing different depts + they said will not enter into any more correspondence:D

have you had final response letter yet?

shirl

Hello shirl, no I don't think they have issued me with their final response yet, but I think I will ask for it. and then get them.:-x

Can you pm me with the Name of the top man please

Hello,

still thinking about going court route but have a few questions if anyone can help please.

As the issue isn't really the mis-selling (as they've made offer) but the interest,do I put in claim for PPI amt+int at rate they took plus interest to date?(I asked NW for contractual)

Or do I put claim just for PPI amt+int they took?and ask for 8%?

shirl

Hello,

still thinking about going court route but have a few questions if anyone can help please.

As the issue isn't really the mis-selling (as they've made offer) but the interest,do I put in claim for PPI amt+int at rate they took plus interest to date?(I asked NW for contractual)

Or do I put claim just for PPI amt+int they took?and ask for 8%?

shirl

Hiya Shirl,

The court will allow the premium and interest they applied to it. and then Statutory 8% from the date the loan was taken to when they pay it up.