interest charges

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6142 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

i am just starting to claim back my charges and i am still very unsure of what i can claim back on interest as when i get a statement it says"The current unauthorised* rate applicable is 2.20% per month, effective annual rate 29.8%

*or other authorised rate agreed with you."

So how do you claim your overdraft interest????

Overdraft interest is difficult to calculate.

If you don't have an overdraft, you simply reclaim the interest they charge you every month because charges make you go overdrawn.

If you don't have an overdraft, you need to work out how much interest they've charged you because the charges sent you over your overdraft (i.e., you reclaim a portion of the overdraft interest!)

One of these spreadsheets may help further 6. Interest calculation spreadsheets

Can't find what you're looking for? Please have a look at Michael Browne's

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

I do not answer queries via PM. If you send me a PM, please include a link to your thread - any advice I am able to offer will be on your thread.

Yes - just the portion that's applied to your account because because charges sent you over the overdraft. Try one of the spreadsheet links posted above - I think the complex spreadsheets help with this. If not, calculator at the ready! ;)

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

I do not answer queries via PM. If you send me a PM, please include a link to your thread - any advice I am able to offer will be on your thread.

I don't know if i am really thick or just not reading this properly (so i am very sorry for all the questions) right i get a basis charge if i go over my overdraft of £28.00 i can claim for this?

But every month i get charged overdraft interest with the wording in my first post can a claim this as well? and is it this i need to work out how much as some is agreed and some of it is unauthorised? :confused:

Yes! It's really confusing and difficult to work out - especially if you're not great with your maths like me! You can't reclaim the overdraft interest in it's entirety, just the bit that applies to the 'unauthorised borrowing' (the charges that sent you over the overdraft.

Personally.............. I didn't bother with it!!

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

So being as i am thick (lol) i will just claim for the £28 charges that i got charged everytime i went over my overdraft limit (is this correct??)

I have just sent of the letter for all the charges i have had i have been with the bank since Aug 1999

You're not thick at all............. it's awful getting your head round it. I had it explained to me about fifty times........... still didn't get it!!!! As well as being charged for going overdrawn, you can reclaim other charges such as returned Direct Debits, paid referral fees, etc. Have you included additional charges in your schedule of charges and prelim?

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

Well i have sent my letter off (28th June) but it has not been delivered because of the postal strike so i am going to give it a couple more days and try again good job i sent it recorded delivery

Don't worry - it'll reach it's destination! Sounds like you've got everything sorted now. Best of luck ;)

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***