• Tweets

• Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

lisa11 v Abbey

lisa11
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6149 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have been putting Abbey National on all my paperwork but have just realised that everyone is calling this the Abbey does this matter?. i.e do I have to change all my paperwork

Thankyou

thankyou you so much. I was using the wrong one!!!

I have another query with this - section 7.

The example advised to put a transaction on where you were only a few pounds short form the d/d going out.

To be honest with you the way I have always run my account is that the money has been in and the d/d has gone out or no money has been in the a/c at all on the day the d/d had been pulled but what i have always done is check abbey banking first thing every morning normaly 6ish and moved money over from my direct a/c which shows up immediatley - on some occassions these d/d's have gone out, on others they havent - another factor I have picked up on is that if you have enough money in your account for say 2 d/d's and three need to go out abbey will fail the whole 3 - that has happened in the past - is this sufficent evidence?

I know that will use their t & c's for these examples as they have already pointed out to me that the money for a d/d to go out has to be in the day before. But my arguement is not their t and c's - its their costs.

I have had no dealings with Abbey but if you look on the bottom or possibly the top of one of their letter heads it should tell you who they are, what their "real name is" as it were. Might say something like Abbey National is a trading name of Abbey plc.

Mind you they are now part of Satander aren't they?

I wouldn't worry if your paperwork to date has been slightly the wrong name. If still in doubt post a new thread and ask in the Abbey forum what is their correct name

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/abbey-bank/

Lisa what stage are you at?

If your at the Aq stage then just send Abby a copy of the completed AQ along with the draft order you are asking the judge to consider, and the attachments ie, mullen v hackney

Mariejader,

My court has dispenced with the AQ so I have submitted a court order to the judge advising I will send documents in 14 days.

I do not have the mullen V hackney case to rely upon. I have just checked through the statement of evidence I saved and the CAG bundle. So I am really worried I could be missing the crucial cases which should be in there.

I have also looked on this website and cannot find it.

Does anyone know where I am able to find Act so I am able to include this within my Satement of Evdence please.

I was hoping to print off the Act to include and highlight this section in it but cannot find it the Act on here on or via google.

I have submiited directions to my local court with a draft order and have been busy preparing my documents to send into the court within 14 days.

I thought the 14 days was from me submitting to the court my draft order but I have just picked up from another thread - HSBC - that you send it should the judge agree. I am now very confused....

Do I wait for the courts response i.e judge to agree or do I automatically send these documents to them?

See below for order:

Draft Order for Directions

The Claimant shall within 14 days of service of this order send to the Defendant and to the Court:

• a) A schedule setting out each charge repayment of which is sought, showing the date, amount, and reason given (if any) for that charge being made;

• b) Copies of any statement or other document relied upon as showing that each and every charge has been made;

• c) A statement of evidence of all matters relied upon as tending to show that the charges are irrecoverable as penalties or otherwise;

• d) Copies of decided cases and other legal materials to be relied upon.

If the Claimant fails to comply with this order, the claim will be struck out without further order.

You wait for the judge to give you directions as to what he wants, you have sent in a request for want of a better word with the draft order, the judge may agree with you or he may totally ignore what you have asked for.

It may be an idea to pm a mod and ask for all your topics to be merged, keep them all together as one you will get more advice because people will know how far you have come in the system

Thanks Marie,

I have just emailed a moderator to ask for this to be done.

Something that is really confusing me- so I stick to one thread only is that I would like to change the title as I have more queries and am finding that this cannot be done - so the title may not refer to the up to date question. Is there a way to do this.

I really appreciate your feedback over the last few days. I am starting to find the whole process so confusing. I am such an organised person so I find it really frustrating to not know what to do next.

I got so confused over the draft directions and the court order I submitted. I understood the whole process but thought that as the court order stated that i had to send all documents within 14 days that it meant from the date handed to the court- not the date should the judge approve. It just means now that I can relax abit more and wait to hear back.

many thanks once again.

• 2 weeks later...

I cannot find any letters that Abbey have sent me to include in my bundle and statement of evidence with regards to my unpaid direct debit charges and to be honest with you I do not know if I ever received them or when I did I chucked them???.

I knew the charges would be coming out of my account as it stated this on the btotom of my monthly statements.

Do I ring Abbey to request one to be re-issued - they may refuse.

Do I include in my bundle that I have no letters.

You don't have to include letters that they have sent you about unpaid direct debits. All you need is copies of your statements and letters that you have sent them and them to you since you started your claim, plus the other documents that are listed in the court bundle

HFC Bank - First letter claiming £196/LBA sent/£75 offered/rejected/Claim filed

HFC Bank Take 2 - Statements received

A & L - Prelim sent/LBA sent

Barclays (for my Dad) - Awaiting statements/LBA for S.A.R. sent/Statements received/Prelim sent/LBA sent

A & L (for my Son) - Awaiting statements/Statements arrived Prelim letter sent/£280 offered and rejected

Abbey (for my Sister) - ***Won***

Barclays PPI claim

Studio - ***Won***

HSBC - (for my brother-in-law) ***Won*** 8-)