Abbey - Am i too late?

yorkshire phil
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6171 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hello everyone, i'm new here. Could anyone tell me if I'm too late to make any claim against Abbey as most of the chrges i incurred happened in the period Jan - Nov 2000. Is it worth me trying to get statements etc after all this time? I had them up to last year when i destroyed them as i never thoughti would get anything from them. Any advice would be helpful even if it's bad news. Thanks

Hi Phil, as i learnt the hard way on here, u can only claim back prev 6 yrs from the day u file yr claim in court not from when u first send yr letters to them ie: if u file a claim today u can claim back to June 2001.

There is a get out clause tho, about Statute of Limitiations Act s69 or something like that, which allows to claim for more than 6 yrs, like i am, im over by 2 months!!

Hope this helps??? (and ive got my statute correct)?? :rolleyes:

Bonnie

Hi there

I am no good at posting links:o but if you look in the A-Z guide here you will find a thread/sticky called "Can i claim beyond 6 years?"

It sets out the relevant sections of the Statute of Limitations and the argument regarding concealment.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/faqs-please-read-these/31575-important-things-you-really.html?garpg=6

Tried to paste the link - hope it works, and helps!

Best regards

Jo xx

Six Nations Champions 2009

Triple Crown 2009

Grand Slam 2009

:cool::-D:cool: