Perseverance v's Clydesdale

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6146 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi folks

I haven't posted for a while as I have been v. busy moving etc but have still been popping in for a nosey. It's great to see some familiar names getting their money back and the penny finally dropping @ the CB/YB that they are not above the law.

A quick update- I ahave had my statements for the last few weeks and hope to trawl through them at the weekend. My parachute account is up & running so it's time to get the highlighter out!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk/faq/bankcharges-quickguide.pdf

"Fight the good fight, finish the course and keep the faith"

Good to see you back. They are definitely caving, so lets hope that they will be a bit more sensible from now and save themselves a lot of hassle and expense by paying up quicker on future claims.

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

• 2 weeks later...

Morning folks

I have added up my charges and they come to £1,100 for the previous 5 years. On having a look at the calculation spreadsheets I notice that the first rate of interest is open for you to choose. Are most people using the 8% rate?

Thanks

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks ozzy

I became confused because the spreadsheet shows 2 places to enter interest - the judicial rate you refer to which I know only gets added if it goes to court and another which states - "The first interest rate is for interest on unlawfully deducted items up to the date of service. You can use almost any rate you see fit, or are brave enough to claim, i.e. 2% above base rate, 8%, contractual rate, etc. Obviously you may have to justify the rate you use in court."

I don't remember this being mentioned before as I always thought you didn't add interest until the small claims stage and certainly not twice.

Any clues?

Thanks

• 6 months later...

Well it has been a while, what with one thing and an other but the ball has been rolling (since February!) I decided to go down the FOS route as I have had some experience of them through my job and they are always helpful. Here is a quick update:

- I wrote to the bank and recieved the "we want £10" to investigate letter - what a pile of tosh!

- They lost my schedule of charges

- The reply from their Advice Quality Unit was addressed to the wrong house no. (which may explain why their initial reply went missing!)

- Despite 4 letters asking for a final response, I am still waiting after 5 weeks for it.

My last letter was to Client Relations (following advice in their complaints leaflet), I called them to check that it had arrived and was told that they couldn't help as it had been sent to the Advice Quality Unit (who have already said they are unwilling to refund).

I have had enough of their incompetence and phoned FOS, they said that I did not have to wait for a final response or 8 weeks to have elapsed and they logged my complaint. I have completed their compalint form and written a letter asking them to investigate the lack of final response and the potential breach of privacy.

I hope the ombudsman takes as dim a view as I do of the above events.

• 4 weeks later...

A quick update:

FOS returned my complaint a couple of weeks ago as they said that I had to wait 8 weeks - this contradicted the information that I was given by their consumer helpline. Anyway, 8 weeks have well and truly passed and I will post it this afternoon.

The only additional correspondence I have had from CB is a letter saying that my complaint has been reopened - that was 3 weeks ago! Eight weeks is more than enough to issue a response and if my experience is indicative of others (which it certainly appears to be) then the FSA/FOS really should be taking this bunch to task about it. If other banks can resolve these complaints then there is no reason that the CB can't.

FOS allow eight weeks as some complaints can be extremely complicated and require investigation - my complaint contained all the relevant information and, in my opinion, the CB are deliberately abusing the complaints' process to try and frustrate their customers.

I have also received a letter saying that my overdraft is being reviewed. I have never had a letter like this before as the overdraft is standard with the account - a coincidence?, I think not!

YB do appear to be reviewing a few claimants overdrafts at the moment. I agree that it probably isn't a co-incidence.

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Morning folks

I have added up my charges and they come to £1,100 for the previous 5 years. On having a look at the calculation spreadsheets I notice that the first rate of interest is open for you to choose. Are most people using the 8% rate?

Thanks

on my letter i asked for 6 years of statements?? am i wrong by doing this?? i live in scotland!? is it 5 years?

also can someone tell me where to find this spread sheet, an tell me what exactly it is im calculating up from my charges... ive i do eventually get them that is??

Thanx for your help again,

Caroline x:p x

• 1 month later...

WON!!!!!!!

Cheque for £1,100 received for "full & final settlement"

Would a kind Mod please move my thread. Will make my donation once cheque clears!

Many thanks to everybody who has helped me.

Congratulations!!! i recieved a check from the clydesdale bank solicitors trying to fob me off for £200 (original claim being £1600!!) the FOS Are taking control of my complaint and told me to sent the check back with a letter of complaint, which i done on friday! fingers crossed it all goes well for me to!! xx :p

Thanks, As I've said before, I'm not sure why people are going down the court route first. A couple of letters to the bank and one to FOS should do the trick and you can sit back and relax without the stress of litigation.

• 2 weeks later...

Wish i settled for the £200 now...

ok guys!! i spoke to the FOS about my claim, they told me to send the £200 check back to the bank /solicitor last month which i did, they were going to try and get me the full amount instead!! they have been in touch with the bank and there now refusing to give me any money!!!! so its now in the banks hand to supply the FOS Detailed reasons why they should not be giving me my money back!! :sad: this could take up to 6 weeks!!! - if all fails i will take them to court!! i will have all the info i need by then!! its soooo obvious they are in the wrong!!! x x xx

Caroline

That is the standard FOS response - the bank should agree to pay as a gesture of goodwill - it only took a couple of weeks for me to get my cheque. Good luck!

tried that!! :(

i spoke to the FOS about my claim, they told me to send the £200 check back to the bank /solicitor last month which i did, they were going to try and get me the full amount instead!! they have been in touch with the bank and there now refusing to give me any money!!!! so its now in the banks hand to supply the FOS Detailed reasons why they should not be giving me my money back!! :sad: this could take up to 6 weeks!!! - if all fails i will take them to court!! i will have all the info i need by then!! its soooo obvious they are in the wrong!!! xxx