• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Sue V Halifax ***SETTLED IN FULL***

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6277 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Yayyyyyyyyy! statements finally arrived today!!!!

They came in a large unsealed envelope, with an elastic band around them but hey! they are here ....at last.

I have calculated, and recalculated and calculated again and the grand some of £1,200 has been arrived at.

Halifax settled

Halifax (again) settled

Nationwide settled

Natwest settled

Don't forget to donate to this site, they gave us the backbone to put up a fight, we've learnt how to reclaim our rights and proved banks are all nothing but........ rubbish <wink>

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yay!

statements arrived today, in a large, open brown envelope.

Ive added the total, £1,200

not as much as I thought actually, but its £1,197 more than is currently in my account!

I am going to open a new account and send my first letter on Monday.

Halifax settled

Halifax (again) settled

Nationwide settled

Natwest settled

Don't forget to donate to this site, they gave us the backbone to put up a fight, we've learnt how to reclaim our rights and proved banks are all nothing but........ rubbish <wink>

Good for you Dollies

:) Go on ... you know you want to click me :)

:lol:don't be like the banks - give a little back :lol:

:D There was a time before CAG but now CAG is here we are the empowered! :D

In progress:

Mechs and Mother (deceased) V Halifax - N1 form filed at Court 9 Aug 06

Advice & opinions of mechs, The Consumer Action Group and The Bank Action Group are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

• 2 weeks later...

Just received my first letter from Halifax!

Seems to be pretty much standard and having read the posts., exactly what I expected.

Everything is going to plan!!!

Halifax settled

Halifax (again) settled

Nationwide settled

Natwest settled

I'm getting nervous Dollies ........ 3 days to LBA!! I'm going to get it ready tomorrow. Not heard from the Halifax at all in the last 11 days.

Sent Data Protection Act Letter 06/06/2007

26/07/2006 Received 33 envelopes containing statements. (33 letters for a fiver .... bargain lol)

:o

27/07/2006 Sent Prelim Letter via email to halifax

10/08/2006 Received Halifax letter offering me £178.00 (goodwill gesture):rolleyes:

11/08/2006 Sent LBA letter out excepting goodwill gesture but not as final settlement. Persuing the rest in court.

01/09/2006 Taken the claim to County Court.

05/06/2006 Claim sent back by the courts... I hadn't put the court address in the top right hand corner :x Took it back to the court 06/09/2006 won't get issued until tomorrow ........... if I'm in luck!

08/09/2006 Received 2nd offer of £524.00. 09/09/2006 claim is served :D .

13/09/2006 I WON, I WON, I WON. Full monies paid back.

Hiya momystique!

No reply to your preliminary letter at all????

My LBA gets posted Monday!...........Im cool.......excited even............course then comes the moneyclaim............

Halifax settled

Halifax (again) settled

Nationwide settled

Natwest settled

Just a thought/paranoia freakout...............

I've read loads of threads from Halifax claimants, saying that they have been offered "goodwill gestures"

I've, so far, been offered zilch, my lba went off on monday, but it seems some have had an offer after their preliminary letter

I'm not bothered

I AM bothered

doesn't matter really does it?

moneyclaim will sort it eh?

it WILL won't it?

Halifax settled

Halifax (again) settled

Nationwide settled

Natwest settled

Hi dollies, all seems to be going well for you. I didn't get anything apart from a "this is our complaints procedure" after my Prelim letter, then right at the end of the 2 weeks after sending my LBA I got a piddly goodwill gesture letter.... which i am obviously not taking and filed Moneyclaim today

WOO HOO v exciting! Anyway my point was I wouldn't worry about waht you do and don't get and when - just carry on with your plan exactly and they won't have a leg to stand on. Good Luck !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've had a letter signed by a Daniel Howard today, in response to my lba.

He thanks me for the letter, tells me the usual thing, about banking charges and how they are entitled to charge etc ......

Anyway the "goodwill gesture" is for £238

Letter of thankyou but no thankyou going in the post today

Halifax settled

Halifax (again) settled

Nationwide settled

Natwest settled

• 2 weeks later...

I awoke this morning full of resolve to start my mcol .........figure I can convince my mum or lovely neighbour to let me use their credit card to pay, as Im skint lol

Ive registered (go me!)

but

Im not sure what to put in defendants address panel

My branch or the Trinity house address?

I am right in thinking the N1 and mcol are one of the same thing arent I?

But N1 you have to do manually yea?

If Im right then the mcol is definately right for me as we don't have a county court locally.

sorry Im rambling!

Halifax settled

Halifax (again) settled

Nationwide settled

Natwest settled

Claim went in today, it was worryingly easy really! I have so many threads of advice saved to favourites, that I just copied and pasted and adapted all the info.

Hardest bit was getting my pc to allow cookies.........thanks Karnevil for your help, Im not normally that dizzy ya know!......(thats actually a lie, I am!)

So the waiting begins.

Halifax settled

Halifax (again) settled

Nationwide settled

Natwest settled

Hi Sue

Took my claim to the county court today. They said it wouldn't be issued until Monday............. really excitedly nervous now. Still hoping they pay up without me having to attend court, but hey, if I have to I'll be there! Good luck with yours.......... I'll be watching your thread.

26/07/2006 Received 33 envelopes containing statements. (33 letters for a fiver .... bargain lol)

10/08/2006 Received Halifax letter offering me £178.00 (goodwill gesture):rolleyes:

11/08/2006 Sent LBA letter out excepting goodwill gesture but not as final settlement. Persuing the rest in court.

05/06/2006 Claim sent back by the courts... I hadn't put the court address in the top right hand corner :x Took it back to the court 06/09/2006 won't get issued until tomorrow ........... if I'm in luck!

BUMP

Claim number 6qz59124

charges £2044

interest £311

Acknowledged 1/09/06

Halifax settled

Halifax (again) settled

Nationwide settled

Natwest settled

Letter has arrived from the court with acknowledgment of service.

Halifax intend to defend all of the claim.

No suprises there then

Halifax settled

Halifax (again) settled

Nationwide settled

Natwest settled

not really.:D these robots must feel stupid getting the letter from drive p and knowing its bull****:D :D :D :D

HALIFAX CURRENT ACCOUNT SETTLED IN FULL 9/9/06.

N1 form completed 05-06-07,LBA sent 14-05-07,2nd go!Prelim sent 24/04/07

Halifax Visa 1.Paid in full

Halifax Classic.Paid in full.

LBA sent 14-05-07,GMAC prelim sent 24/04/07

Data Protection Act for halifax mortgage 16/09/06.

When will they learn??? received this today...............Had a bitch fit at the girl on telephone banking but it got me nowhere!

We are writing to make you aware that some transactions you have made have been returned unpaid. As a result you have incurred charges on your account.Details of the charges you have incurred are shown in the table below. As we have been unable to pay some items, you may want to contact the payee to make alternative arrangements. Transaction Amount Charge TypeCharge AmountDate this will be taken from your accountCHEQUE£176.00 Failed Item£39.00 12th September 2006 CHEQUE£1.00 Failed Item£39.0012th September 2006DD£40.00 Failed Item£39.00 12th September 2006 We will also charge you debit interest on any overdraft. The monthly unauthorised interest rate will apply to the amount which is in excess of your agreed overdraft limit.We would like to help you avoid incurring charges in future. To help you we offer a free online banking service that allows you to view up to date statements and balances of your account, make transfers to other accounts and much more. For full details of this service, log on to www.halifax.co.uk.If you would like to discuss your account, you can make an appointment by visiting any branch. Alternatively you can call our telephone banking service 24 hours a day. You will find the number at the top of this letter.

Halifax settled

Halifax (again) settled

Nationwide settled

Natwest settled

MMMMM exact same for me.don't forget these robots are brainwashed the Halifax way so do have sympathy for them.they asked if I was with GMAC the other day with my mortgage after being with the halifax for 13 years.she said do you have a minute to see if we could do anything for you.I said I don't think so I'm taking your ass to court for £9.5k in which you have unlawfully taken from me.Ashen and white come to mind and she quickly moved on and laughed.when I get paid for these I shall ask a manager for my latest charges back or we do you again.lol.ololol POWER TO US,THE PEOPLE.What do you say Dollies01.When I win I'm going to point out very loudly how I've been able to pay off all my halifax visa's I'll wait till there's a load of people in the branch before I explain(very loudly) how I have been able to pay them off.That should creat some interest amongst the always large que, eh lolololol:-x :x:sad::rolleyes::):p this sequence says it all.

P.S. I'm waiting for my mortgage statements I found out the other day you can go back 12 years for the charges in a mortgage.see how ill that would make them feel.I hope they feel as sick as I have been for years,they've been so cocky and clever attitude as though you're off the bottom of their shoe.as one guy says one day your the fly the next your the windscreen.

lol @ you

After my hissy fit on the phone today, I don't actually know what I'm going to do about this latest lot of charges. I really don't want to loose this account, as try as I might, I can't find another account that will allow me a debit card, and I do really need that facility.

£1 worth of bounced cheque was bloody embarrassing!...........Course that wouldn't of happened had I not had to spend £120 trying to get the other lot of charges back!

I may try and trade these charges for some of the conditions of settlement lol

Halifax settled

Halifax (again) settled

Nationwide settled

Natwest settled

I'm sure you could get an account similar somewhere else,i'd keep trying and then stitch up the halifax for these charges.it begs the question why they don't automatically close them anyway.they must think they've won a friend by paying you out.they also probably don't want to lose a valued customer as I keep being told in my goodwill gesture letters.lololol.i'll be gunning for mine again.best of luck dollies01.

I had difficulty getting an account and managed to get one with 1st direct, plus I got a £500 over draught facility, I have my wages paid direct to my new account and I have started transferring over my DDs etc, i transfer small amounts of money into my HX account to keep it ticking over.

As of the end of this month my wifes wages will also be paid into new account

I owe the Halifax nothing

They owe me Loads Of Money

Harry

I DID IT!!!!

FUNDS IN MY ACCOUNT @ TEN AM

Halifax settled

Halifax (again) settled

Nationwide settled

Natwest settled

whey heyyyyyyyyyy!!

great news, bet you feel a million dollars today. My turn next :):D

well done dolly

"Banks are people that will lend you an umbrella when it's sunny, but demand it back the minute it starts raining"

Brad v Halifax

22/08/06 - Preliminary Letter sent requesting full repayment of charges

06/09/06 - LBA sent to bank

LOL would you believe it?! I have just recieved yet another document on my online banking account, to tell me that I incurred another charge yesterday.

So thats £195 this week.

I have emailed Rachel wotsit and asked her to revoke these charges, as they are now not only unlawful but rather rude, seeing as I had to spend £120 of my money to get back what was already mine.

I told her that I wouldn't be hesitating in starting the whole process again if neccessary.

to be continued.................

Halifax settled

Halifax (again) settled

Nationwide settled

Natwest settled