Are you being harassed on the telephone by your bank or by debt collectors?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5115 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello All!

Just to drag this Thread back to the original Post by BankFodder, but can anyone advise me if they have taken a bank/banker to Court for Harassment?

Reason for asking, is that I do fully intend to.

These nice people have been Harassing me and my family now for the best part of 9 Months. Sadly, I have only been Logging their Calls since mid-January, but I have taken this very seriously since then.

I'm Self-Employed, so the division between Home and Work is a bit blurred shall we say. However, Home and Work numbers are all on the same System, so I have been able to set-up a reasonably good System for Logging and Monitoring the Calls.

I have not answered one, so far, not because I'm worried, but because I could not see the point for now. Nothing they have to say interests me.

However, I can see that I will need to take some Calls soon. This being part of the main Strategy to build a strong case against them. There are too many hidden Number Calls who do not leave a Message, so I will need to take some of these to establish who is Calling.

My efforts to try and fight back against the debt mountain that these people have, from hindsight, clearly Engineered via Penalty Charges, Credit Card Interest Rate Ramping leading to Loan Offers with PPI, of course, is currently at the CCA Request Stage in most cases, and most at the 12WD+30 Threshold soon. Almost none have Enforceable Agreements that I can see, which I never expected.

Volume of Harassment Calls has escalated, and is running at an average of around maybe 13-15 Calls a Day (so many more Weekdays, less at Weekends).

I have a Spreadsheet Log with all Calls suspected or Confirmed as being from a banker. Any Messages they leave are Recorded, and I have Screen Shots of things like my Mobile Phone Log as well, to show Missed Calls and Times, to link that to the Rotation of Calls Technique they are using to circle around our Numbers.

For the record, I don't think I ever gave them my Mobile Number, as I do/did protect that. Someone must've obtained that from a dubious link with Mobile Phone Records.

I am saving my Subject Access Requests on all, until I have them all at the CCA 12+30 Stage. All have been sent the Telephone Harassment Letter from Day One (as all have Called before I ever sent a CCA Request).

Soon I will S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) them, so that the S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) can look back at any Call Logs they provide so that I can cross-link those Records to my own Spreadsheet Data.

I am a little annoyed at them, as you may have guessed! However, my motto here is: "Don't Get Mad, Get Even"!

Any help or thoughts would be appreciated, as I feel I could be building a Model Harassment Case that I may be able to take all the way for others to follow.

I have an axe to grind here, as they were Calling me non-stop last year when I had three members of my family very ill. You can imagine how distressing it was having to filter out their Calls whilst waiting to receive Calls from Hospitals. Often when Driving to Hospital, when it is not easy to do this. The Mobile Phone HAD to be on just in case the Call was urgent.

Cheers,

BRW

• Replies 722
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello All!

Forgot to mention that there is a useful Web Site for checking out any strange Numbers that Call you, here is the URL:

WhoCallsMe

As with any Public Web Site, use it carefully. I don't know who runs it, so for all I know it could be the Front for a DCA trying to spot who checks numbers and when!

But it seems innocent enough, you just enter the Calling Line Identity (CLI), and if other's have been bothered by the same Number, you can read what other people have said. It's not Official, but can give you some idea of who is behind the Number that is Harassing you.

Keep your Identity Hidden, call yourself Santa Claus or something, and don't be too specific about what you say. But if you know it's from, say, the MBNA or CapOne etc, then telling people can help others to work out who is bothering them.

Hope this helps...I have no link whatsoever to the above Web Site.

Cheers,

BRW

Edited by banker_rhymes_with
Clarity...and I still can't Type!

Hello All!

Back to the point of the Thread...

Now I see we're being Harassed on CAG as well as via the Telephone!

Hopefully a Mod will pull the plug on this Troll and clean up the nasty stain that's just appeared on my Computer Screen.

If I hear the words Debt, Pay what you Owe, Debt, Genuine Debt, Debt, Hard Working DCA, Debt, Sign for It so you Owe it, Debt, Debt Portfolio I will projectile barf...

There is a war on, and this Debtor is not taking any prisioners.

Rember the golden rule: if you see a good DCA, shoot it, quick, before it goes bad.

Cheers,

BRW

Hello GodMother!

u know the best one i have found is fall asleep on them and snore very loudly down he phone.

I'll never get that chance because, when it comes to bankers and jolly old me, the Telephone was never invented.

I do, however, have a plastic box that makes a noise about 25 times a Day, and that deals with them for me. It records their snarly adenoidal whingeing voices staright onto Disc and then CD-ROM.

I do pity the poor Judge that will have to listen to them all!

Cheers,

BRW

Hello All!

Prodding a Troll with sticks only encourages them to disgorge/spew more Credit Industry Propaganda, Debtor Slap Downs and annoying patronising clap-trap suggesting Debt is something clear and well defined!

Debt = you owe it, now, how are you going to Pay it.

There is no space in the Borg/Troll closed loop banking mind that can even begin to cope with the concepts of Engineered Debt, Unfair Debt, Illegal Debt, Manipulated Debt, Penalty Debt, Vindictive Debt, Debt Created wholly because of Access to Privileged Information for Unjust Enrichment.

Need I go on?

There's no point trying to reason with this. It's a bloated self-serving and delusional industry that is so far up its own backside that it would be very funny if we were not paying for the Bonuses, the BMWs, the Golfing Weekends, the Yachts, the glossy Web Sites and Magazines, the hard sell TV marketing...

[removed unnecessary comment]

Cheers,

BRW

Edited by freakyleaky

• 1 month later...

Hello Folks!

Its not a war, its a problem for both sides to work through.

It is a war, do not be under any confusion about that at all.

The Debt Industry have had it all their own way for far too long, with the result that more people now owe more and own less than at any time in our Nation's history...and it's getting worse and worse.

Fighting back has been long overdue, but the battle has started.

Massive, escalating and self-multiplied levels of Debt doesn't make sense. The bankers and banker-politicians should never have been allowed to twist the issues to their own advantage until our entire economy is based upon it.

Cheers,

BRW

• 2 weeks later...
No l dont work for a DCA at all l just believe that what is right is right and we should not loose sight of whose problem debt is should we

Sniff...sniff...what's that in the air I smell?

It's on the tip of my Bugle...

Ah...I've got it now...the unmistakable and pungent aroma of Troll!

Cheers,

BRW

I'm fairly sure the CRAs hold Data relating to Mobile Phone Accounts, as I have never, ever, given my Mobile Number to anyone apart from close family and friends, and have never, ever, called a bank using it...

...and yet guess who also gets Harassment Calls to his Mobile?

Now, how did they get that number then? My guess is a deep trawl through the CRA Data to see if I had a Mobile Phone account and, hey presto, up pops a number for them.

I may be wrong, but my finger is pointing at the CRAs, or failing that, some dubious links between Mobile Phone Accounts and the CRAs that the bankers can somehow access.

Cheers,

BRW

i dont know if you want the bar then as it sounds like u are having to much fun. lol.

I wish! But now they are calling, I may as well run with it and add more Calls to the Harassment Log. I'll block them when I've got enough evidence...need more names now, as have enough Logged Calls to sink a Battleship.

Cheers,

BRW

• 1 month later...

Hello "Pay your debts people"!

Is that Troll I can smell?

And which bank or Debt Collecting Agency do you work for then, exactly?

Please take your small mind and matching intellect elsewhere, as they have no place on this Forum.

Many vulnerable people need help here. The last thing they need is to be hassled on this Thread by the gaping pie hole of the Debt Industry spouting out the party line.

Cheers,

BRW

Hello Folks!

There's no point feeding a Troll, they are on another wave length to normal decent people.

A Troll's spine is also amazingly flexible, like its morals and opinions. This amazing flexibility allows it, when faced with opinions that it can't be bothered to comprehend, to lean over forewards, grasp itself firmly by its ample buttocks, and insert its head up its own backside.

Right now, that's where this Troll's head is. The Troll is not receiving. This Troll is only broadcasting. It's just an Open Mike at the moment, broadcasting standard Debt Industry propaganda.

Cheers,

BRW

• Haha 1

Pay your debts people: BRW why dont you go and see if you can get yourself a life? When was the last time you contributed to society? Your an embarrasment to the country

ROTFPML!

I think the Troll's grasp of its 11+ Grammar is slipping:

dont should be don't!

Your should You're!

embarrasment is missing an s!

country suggests fields and cows and things!

Country is the thing I served to allow Trolls like this to have freedom of speech!

It's a great shame to see that freedom abused. The cost of that freedom for many people I knew was the highest one there is.

Hell, but what do I know, I've never been a banker. I'll never get the chance to sit my Grandchildren down and tell them old banking stories.

How can I ever live with myself, electing as I did to serve my Country instead of risking everything to serve in a bank, or go front line at a DCA.

Cheers,

BRW

I am sure you did BRW, maybe on you're computer you have fought for queen and country. This forum is great for people like you, complete fantasist.

The Troll's Grammar is falling apart again!

Six brain cells just can't hack it under pressure.

It's sweating like a DCA in a Maths Test.

Cheers,

BRW

Contribution to socioty????

Taking money that isnt yours, spending it then refusing to pay it back......Thats one contribution i think socioty can do without......

This Troll clearly failed to attend school, just like the other one!

Maybe it's the same Troll?

Either way, they'll be getting their jolly old P45s when caught outside of their nice Cubicles. The DCA Canteen Computer must have a whole herd of Trolls surrounding it by now, whooping and clapping that one/two of them can actually type, albeit with only one very chubby finger.

Brace yourselves for the next blinding Troll insight...

Cheers,

BRW

• 1 month later...

Hello SF99!

As i am sure my boss and work colleagues would back me up in giving evidence about phone calls.

That could be very, very useful. If two reasonable people witness these Calls to your Work, and both say they are Harassment, then it's Harassment. You have your primary evidence.

If you can then get two or more to Sign a simple Statement that they have witnessed several of these Calls coming in for you, result! Jot down Time/Date and the Calling Line Identity if it shows on a Phone Display. Maybe use a Mobile Phone Camera to take an Image of the Phone's Display. Then ask them to Sign/Date the Statements, and you are on the road to sorting this.

Two or Three Statements like that, and you have some damning evidence.

Plan this if you can, and ask for your Boss's or Colleagues' help to ensure they are on standby to witness any more Calls coming in. Try to get the names of all Callers, and also try to tease out the name of the Manager who has authorised the Calls. The Manager cannot then hide behind a claim that it was just a rogue Employee acting in isolation.

Maybe play them along to get what you want, for example, by saying something like this in your happy voice:

Hello, many thanks for your Call. I have my paperwork here, but just so that I can relate this to my Letters, can you please let me know your name, and also the name of the Manager who has asked you to Call me. Pretty please, with big sugar lumps on top.

Then hang up once you have what you need. Thumbs up from your Boss/Colleagues that they heard everything, and hand out the Witness Statements! I'm sure they will be only too pleased to help, especially your Boss, if he/she has already had to fend off 10 such Calls in one day alone.

When you have that, take it to the Police. They will issue a Crime Reference Number. They will prosecute an individual, but can't haul a Company into Court. Likewise, they will haul a Manager into Court even if they never made any Calls, provided that Manager has been mentioned by the Employees making the Calls.

The Police may just offer to give this bunch a Call on your behalf to warn them off. That should stop the Calls I'd think. Then if they start up again, just go back to the Police quoting the same Crime Reference Number above.

Ideally, you do need to get a Manager's name, as then the Harassment is clearly from MBNA rather than an Employee. They will sacrifice any number of Employees, but start going for their Managers, and they will soon leave you well alone. They'll move on to find a softer target.

I hope this helps.

Cheers,

BRW

Hello SF99!

Don't worry too much, the key is to get 2 Statements, so if they keep calling you, at some stage you just need two people to see the Call coming in, and see your distress from the Harassment.

IOW, you can afford to miss or hang up on as many Calls as you like, but try to get two people to witness at least one Call each.

The key is to have two reasonable people who are willing to Sign a Witness Statement to that effect.

Cheers,

BRW

• 1 month later...

Back in the real world, in case anyone forgets where the real problem lies, watch this...it'll be the best 15 mins of your life. This latest banking Recession will soon fall neatly into place:

Money as Debt

We need to remove bankers from Politics.

We need to re-introduce rigid banking Controls to keep bankers from inflating the Debt Bubble until it is the size of Saturn.

We need to bring back real Bank Managers, and sack all of the banking drones/Clerks who cannot make a decision to save their lives.

We need to scrap the Credit Reference Agencies (CRAs), because once we have Bank Managers with local Authority, able to make local decisions, they won't need to ask a CRA whenever they need to pass wind or cough.

We need to see all DCA staff made to wear Girly Pink crotchless peek-a-boo overalls with LED bobble hats.

We need to limit Credit Card Interest to a Maximum of 10% over base (unsecured means unsecured if under 25k).

We need to limit Personal Loans to a maximum of 5% over base (unsecured means unsecured if under 25k).

We need to see s127(3) reinstated, now.

We need to see Princess Anne made King (she has the balls for the job)!

We need to see Justice for Gurkhas (Gurkha Justice)!

If I've left anything out, let me know, and I'll sort it in the morning after my Bacon & Eggs and first glass of Beer.

Cheers,

BRW

• Haha 1

Hello popeye1!

s127[3] reinstated,please can you explain,thanks

The Government, in support of the bankers, removed Section 127(3) from the Consumer Credit Act 1974 when they made changes to it covered by the Consumer Credit Act 2006.

Section 127(3):

(3) The court shall not make an enforcement order under section 65(1) if section 61(1)(a)(signing of agreements) was not complied with unless a document (whether or not in the prescribed form and complying with regulations under section 60(1)) itself containing all the prescribed terms of the agreement was signed by the debtor or hirer (whether or not in the prescribed manner).

What this means in Plain English: unless they have an Agreement with your Signature and all of the Prescribed Terms, then they are stuffed.

The only good news is this scrapping of s127(3) was not back-dated, so Agreements that were Signed before CCA-2006 are still OK and are still covered by s127(3). CCA-2006 didn't come into effect until early 2007.

In other words, they scrapped one of the key areas that protected the Consumer from bankers who failed to get their Paperwork right, or who failed to look after and keep their Paperwork.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

BRW

Edited by banker_rhymes_with
Clarification of s127(3)
  • Haha 1