• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

court bundles for dummies

lateralus
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6118 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

To all who don't know, you can edit your own signature (the blurb that appears under the post that you have just written) and copy the shortcut of this thread into it. Also, I find that it helps if you edit the last post on your own thread and cut and paste a link to any thread you found useful. That way you never lose track of the useful bits of info on here. To edit your own signature, go to "user CP" up the top of the forum (just under where it tells you which forum you are in) and then click on "edit signature". Your signature will only appear on a thread if you put in a large post (like this one). To cut and paste a link into a thread, right click onto the thread and then left click onto "copy". Go to where you want to paste the link and then right click again and left click on "paste". Et Voila your link is now where you want it. I hope this helps

Uncle JW i was going to click on your scales but couldnt figure out which button to press i tried clicking on something but all i got was a picture of a naked lady,,,,,, is that you uncle JW????????????

i pressed another and all i got was a large feather, am i pressing the wrong buttons please help uncle JW, you should write a book , maybe call it ' pressing buttons for dummies' ,,,,,,,,,, help us

• Haha 1

Templates Library

GE Capital Won

Capital 0ne Won

Northern rock Claim stayed working on negotiation

HSBC personal claim 1 ''WON''.

£1800 plus full stat interest plus costs.

Claim started 14/02/07 offer 3/07/07

Next:Coming soon to a thread near you! :)

HSBC personal Part 2 'return of the Celicaman'

HSBC business 1 ' my empire strikes back' N1 claim POC in progress after usual offensive offer from bank

HSBC business 2 'attack of the Celicaman'

HSBC business claim 3 'bank account menace'

HSBC business 4 'Revenge of the CAG Member' the final insult ....................... 'Maybe'

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

are you hallucinating CM?

What kind of question is that to ask a man with his 4th glass of a fine shiraz in his hand

Templates Library

GE Capital Won

Capital 0ne Won

HSBC business 1 ' my empire strikes back' N1 claim POC in progress after usual offensive offer from bank

HSBC business 4 'Revenge of the CAG Member' the final insult ....................... 'Maybe'

are you hallucinating CM?

anyways i just edited, think i was reading something uncle castlebest wrote & got me lines mixed up

Templates Library

GE Capital Won

Capital 0ne Won

well......naked ladies & large feathers. I was wondering what planet you were on :rolleyes:

obviously my own lol

Well we can all live in hope LOL, well i can ;)

Templates Library

GE Capital Won

Capital 0ne Won

ok no more silly posts tonight, its bed time.

Apologies to JW for hi jacking thread.

Tomorrow i will try to figure out wot he wrote and see if i can understand it, but for now its ' understanding posts for wine'os' goodnight all

CM

Templates Library

GE Capital Won

Capital 0ne Won

lol - nite CM - and btw JW is a she

I knew that :) it was that last Shiraz that confused me :confused:

CM

Templates Library

GE Capital Won

Capital 0ne Won

Anyway in the cold & sober morning light, i better start looking & learning about the court bundle, as have to be in by about 27th.

Well done Lattie as usual you are a star :) (saw a few of them last night LOL)

I take it that you only send Photo copies of all your statements to DG & Court & keep originals for yourself (wouldnt trust that lot not to lose them)

Me thinks a trip to the printers next door is in order, they got one of those copiers that you put whole pile stuff on and away it goes, otherwise it will take forever to copy one at a time.

CM

Templates Library

GE Capital Won

Capital 0ne Won

I have a single PDF with most of the core generic court bundle documentation, if anyone would like it then PM me your email address. quote]

When i figure out what you just said i will ask for a copy LOL, my interpreter is in at 10, i will ask her to explain/ fix/ sort out

I thought this thread was the court bundle for dummies, why you posting :)

Templates Library

GE Capital Won

Capital 0ne Won

crawls, and grovels and kisses Latties feet. there shoudl eb a noble prize for her efforts........... auburn:)

I think you mean Nobel prize lol, hey maybe a gold horse like the old midland one ( now HSBC ) :)

CM

Templates Library

GE Capital Won

Capital 0ne Won

Why do people think that I am a man???? Maybe I ought to change my name to Jowalshywoman.

Cos some silly billy couldnt see past the end of his wine glass :oops: :oops: :oops:

( and anyways i forgot :oops: ) So i am eternally sorry.:)

How you doing auntie JW

CM :D

Templates Library

GE Capital Won

Capital 0ne Won

THank you GuidoT for bundle info pack

CM

Templates Library

GE Capital Won

Capital 0ne Won

Dummy here , morning all

Re Bundle.

so i send copy of summary sheets and only copies of statements that show same charges on, not just copy of summary sheet Right.

CM

Templates Library

GE Capital Won

Capital 0ne Won

Thanks GT, Saves a lot of copying

CM

Templates Library

GE Capital Won

Capital 0ne Won

Do you have to put a copy of original pre lim and LBA into the bundle

Templates Library

GE Capital Won

Capital 0ne Won

doing T & Cs now. Do i need every years copies or just 2001 (start year of claim ) and latest or copy each year between as well

CM

Templates Library

GE Capital Won

Capital 0ne Won

i'd just use the one - using the year of your oldest charge if you can - but if not the next newer one you can find.

Thanks lattie, the one ive found on stax thread has no date on the side to prove year and is only an excert of them is that enough to submitt

CM

Templates Library

GE Capital Won

Capital 0ne Won

evening all.

Ok a question totally unrelated, but you guys are in the know.

Claim with GE capital for £63 charges something like £28 interest & £30 to file mcol.

ok GE post cheque for £63.0, 3 days after filing so left it. They did not defend.

judgement button clicked 16/04/07 waited for something/anything, to happen, nothing does, including no cheque from GE.

Eventually got round to sending letter, telling them that i have taken them to court and they did not defend, so judgement went against them so they owe me £53.00 as awarded by a court, giving them 14 days to respond which they did twice,(took longer than 14 days) 'we are looking into it'

got letter today.

' sorry you had further cause to contact us as not happy with our offer'

reviewed your claim and offer a further £27 total £90 in total settlement blah blah

Hold Me back Hold me Back.

Q. have i missed something , was i supposed to do something to finish this at court level, apart from pressing the 'start warrant ' button please can i ? Can I ?...........chill........................ take anoth sip shiraz. good shiraz .nice shirazzzzzzzz. Ok calm

Which flaming planet are they on.

any ideas, honestly for that much, was it worth the cost to them for the paperwork

Tempted to press the button and pay extra for the hell of it.

But £50 plus quid is a good night out and they owe it.

Ideas anybody

I have a claim against HSBC fro 2.5k and had nothing. Filed bundle and now await offer.

a claim against N R for £325 and they want cpr 18 and playin awkward

a stupid £100 plus claim and its impossible???? to get the money

Shiraz shiraz. more shiraz LOL

Celicaman

Templates Library

GE Capital Won

Capital 0ne Won

As freaky says.

So use your PM to send stuff or ask other person to PM you with the information.

You never know who is watching

CM

Templates Library

GE Capital Won

Capital 0ne Won

• 3 weeks later...
Hi Lateralus,

Firstly, Id just like to say THANK YOU SO MUCH for the court bundle for dummies...I was finding it problematic figuring out what I needed to include and I am most definately a dummy!

I have a question though...I didn't have to fill in an allocation questionnaire and from what I gather from various threads a lot of courts have scrapped the AQ as it isnt that neccassary..am I right in assuming this?

As a result, do I need to include a statement of evidence in my court bundle...Or am I being a dummy again?!

Look forward to hearing from you!

Princess

Hi Princess, Welcome to the CAG forums,

i think lattie is off somewhere riding her white horse, so in answer to your questions.

If the court have not sent you a AQ to fill in, then its not required. Its still worth ringing your court, quoting claim number and double checking, also confirm that no AQ fee is payable.

Court Bundle. One of the most important parts of the bundle is the statement of evidence, as it is the full detailed list of your claim including all the evidence you would use to back your claim up, IF it ever went to court.( It wont :) )

You will get all the help you need on the CAG forums to acheive a successfull claim, without going to court.

I would advise you keep reading up on everything to learn as much as possible. IT all looks confusing at first and we have all been in the same situation as you

Can we ask that you also start your own thread, with postings of what you have done so far & what template letters you have used to put your claim together (please omitt personal details).

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/

Click here to go to main page, scroll down till you find your bank, then click on that & it takes you to your banks forum, then on there, you will see a Start thread button, click on there & name it what you want Princess vs ***** and then fill the next box with all your details of what you are claiming, & submitt, thet is then your story so peeps can follow it and answer your questions, keeping it all together.

then if you want post the link back on here, we will pop in & have a look, you can still post on here as well as other topic related forums for answers to your questions.

Hope that helps

Celicaman :)

Templates Library

GE Capital Won

Capital 0ne Won

have a look in this forum fot T & C's

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/yorkshire-bank-clydesdale-bank/

Once your claim is complete & bank have paid up, you can apply for wasted costs, but only do it when claim complete, do not try to get it included in settlement.

Im sure lattie will be around for that later

CM

Templates Library

GE Capital Won

Capital 0ne Won