• Tweets

• where? reflection of a sign on the bonnet but no PCN yellow env... W3 SAR documents v2.pdf
    • They didn't turn up because they knew they would lose so they saved the cost of sending a brief saving them a couple of hundred pounds at least. But still a big relief for you now that it's all over . So congratulations plus you can enjoy your trip that much more. 
    • I will try again...................... Even at my age there is quite clearly a PCN envelope by the windscreen wipers on your car on some of the photos.  But as I said in the IPC letter, that is not the dispute. The dispute is that CPM sent you the second PCN on the 28 th day of the issue date of the first PCN. It should not have been sent until the day AFTER the original PCN was issued. Therefore they broke the Act, they breached the IPC Code of Conduct and their agreement with the DVLA. It is something that the IPC cannot ignore since to do so will bring the ICO down on them and the DVLA should ban CPM from getting data from them once they know if the ICO do nothing. The minimum I expect is that your PCN will be cancelled. But it is up to you. I have given you the details, you have copies of both PCNs sent to you on the sar  with all  the relevant dates. 
    • Apply for an HM Armed Forces Veteran Card   An HM Armed Forces Veteran Card is a way to prove that you served in the UK armed forces. The card can make it quicker and easier to apply for support as a veteran. It’s free to apply. You can currently only apply for a Veteran Card if you have a UK address. Veterans who do not have a UK address will be able to apply later this year. READ MORE HERE: Apply for an HM Armed Forces Veteran Card - GOV.UK WWW.GOV.UK Apply for an armed forces veteran card to prove that you served in the UK armed forces.
    • The Private Parking Code of Parking has been postponed as the poor dears are frightened that thew will all go out of business once it becomes Law. We all wish but nothing could be further from the truth so doubtless most of them will have to change their ways if they don't want to be removed as approved parking companies. Thank you for still retaining and producing the original PCN which, no surprise, fails to comply with the Protection of Freedoms Act 2012 Schedule 4. [It even states the vehicle "breeched" the terms  when it was the driver that allegedly breached the terms}. It fails to specify the Parking Period and whilst it does show the arrival and departure ANPR times on the photographs [that I cannot read] they do not include how long you actually parked nor was it specified on the Notice  [photos don't count]. So that means that you spent even less time parked though it would help had you not blocked out the dates and times, so good if you could please include them on your next  post. Pofa  asks the driver to pay the charge S( [2][b] which your PCN doesn't though they do ask the keeper to pay.and they have missed out theses words in parentheses S9[2][f] ii)  (ii)the creditor does not know both the name of the driver and a current address for service for the driver, the creditor will (if all the applicable conditions under this Schedule are met) have the right to recover from the keeper so much of that amount as remains unpaid; All of those errors mean that the cannot transfer the charge from the driver to the keeper. Only the driver is now responsible . What a rubbish Claim Form -doesn't even give the date of the event which it should.  
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
        • Thanks
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Burke vs Alliance & Leicester

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6137 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I started the wheels in motion for my husband with the Alliance and Leicester.

This crowd seem to be a lot better than my bank. I received my husbands statements in the post on friday just before the 40 days was up. Now im just going through all of them highlighting all the charges.

Im a bit confused as to what exactly I put on the spreadsheet, I understand the failed direct debit charges etc go on, but im not sure if at this stage put on the interest charges .... or do I leave all these small amounts off and doing something with them at the end.

Would appreciate any help I can get please.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i added all of the failed cheque, direct debit, standing orders and unauthorised over draft charges. only add the interest if was on an unarranged overdraft.

the interest column on the spread sheet should only be used when you get to the court stage not on the preliminary approach for repayment.

:) Hi .. Thanks, ive been looking through these threads since friday to see if I missed it earlier on and the more I read the more confused i become. At least by the time my statements eventually arrive .... if they ever do (im with Yorkshire Bank - also have a thread on here on that forum) I might actually know what im doing.

Thanks for helping.

Oh help please someone im getting in a right pickle here. Im useless at maths and I really dont wanna mess this up for my husband.

I have listed all the charges that have been made on his account including the £10.00 statutory charge for providing the statements (not even sure if I should put that down yet). Im just filling in the necessary LBA letter and im at the paragraph that says

What I require

I calculate that you have taken £XXXXX plus £XXX which you have charged me in overdraft interest for the sum which you have taken. Total £XXXXX .

I enclose a schedule of the charges which I am claiming with this letter.

What do i put in the plus £XXX, do I put anything in here or do I just put in the £XXXXX amount ... and settle for that. Please someone help before I mess up, im getting stressed and about to give up.

:) Wow Squarebob ... thank you, what a great link that is, just enter the details and it works it all out for you, so simple even i could use it. Thank you so much. I start to go into panic mode when I have to do maths.

Well im off to the post office tomorrow to send the 14 days LBA letter, now I have all the figures. Thanks for your help.

Sorry just a quick question ... its maths again im doubting ive done this correct .. the amount claimed is £1787.50, interest is at 17.08% of £889.93 making a grand total of £2,677.43. Can someone just doubt check these figures are right, before i send anything off to them in writing claiming this back.

Really appreciate all your help so far.

Ello, Squarebob or anyone else are you there? I need some help again.

I used your link Squarebob and then a friend gave me a different link that they have been using, but when using their link the total figure with interest is different by 600 quid, so now im well confused and dont really know which set of figures to send off to my husbands bank.

This is only the initial stages god know what im gonna be like when I get further through this process ... im stressing enough already.

any advice would be good. thanks

It's a good job I popped in again!

Glad I could have been of some help to you. With regards to interest rates this is what I did. I have an old current account so I put in the interest rate @ 17.08% and on my Premier account I put in 7.63%.

I know that some people have been advised not to charge interest until the 8% court stage, but other claimers in the past have charged A&L as much as 28% (and got away with it) whether it was in confusion or not, I don't know. For myself I spent a few sleepless nights deciding whether to go for the compound interest or not, finally I decided to go for it, at first I decided on 17.8% on both accounts, but then common sense prevailed and I charged A&L exactly what they charged me 17.8% on my current account and 7.63% on my Premier account.

Now it's just a waiting game.

If you need anymore help, just knock on the door.

Just looked through your message again, if you downloaded the correct template from the reclaim unfair charges website, then having listed all the charges and when they occured in their right boxes plus having put in the correct percentage rate, then the figures given should be the correct ones. If you have done what I did, which is saved a copy of the filled in spreadsheet on the computer, everytime a day passes and you re-load the spreadsheet, the figures change! (Oh the wonders of computer technology), I only found this out when I came to get a copy of the spreadshheet off of my computer and when I compared it to the original that I did 2 weeks previously the figures had all changed, (the total figures, not the figures for the charges etc). If you really are unsure of what your final figure should be, leave a message for either Superbob or Brechner on the reclaim unfair charges website and one of them will put your mind at rest.

Hope this helps you and a have a stressfree weekend.

Hi Squarebob, thanks for coming back to me, i really appreciate you taking the time to help me. Think im just lacking confidence in myself.

Im in and out of this site all day at the moment trying to pick up tips and help.

I was doing ok and was feeling very pleased with my little self until ... my work colleague told me to try her link, and then when the figures on the interest added were different by abut £600 i panicked.

Im pretty sure I have done everything right. I downloaded from the useful tools section on your link and opted for the Excel Variable interest spreadsheet. I then read through the threads on that site relating to A&L and found that the rate quoted on there for interest was 17.08%, so that was what I put in the necessary interest box and then filled in the sheet with the charges per month and the figure was calculated at the bottom.

Thanks again, im off now the enjoy my weekend and try and forget about bank charges.

Greetings Alice.

Spreadsheet, the first one on the list will do you nicely, (under section, Usefull Tools). There are also instructions on how to use the spreadsheet.

You also need to download the template numbered A, this is for manually filling in charges summary. Basically it is a list of your charges, what and when they were for. You put your name and bank account details at the top, same as the spreadsheet. You put this together with your spreadsheet and this is added to your claim paperwork. The way I did things was to download the various templates, open them, fill them in and use 'Save As' to save the filled in template, this meant that I still had the original template if I ever needed it again.

Need any more help just knock. :(

Thankyou very much squarebob.

I'll have a good look at that - I may need to ask for a little help as i'm not the worlds best with computers.

From your description - I don't think the spreadsheet I used is the correct one - so its a good job you came to my aid ! many thanks for your very kind help.

Since the birth of Windows, life has become easier for those using computers, trouble is technology is moving so fast, that us 'Silver Surfers' are getting left behind. Who would of ever thought of being able to download something from a computer, fill it in, and do what you like with it. Anyway Alice I have been through the S.A.R stage, the 'Fob-Off' letter stage, the NI Stage, the offer from the bank stage, the acknowledgement of service stage and finally I am in receipt of the bank's defence, all six pages of why the bank is in the right and I am in the wrong. Now it is just a question of waiting to see what happens next.

Need any help, just shout.

Have a good day :)

hi squarebob,

i have just gone to the reclaim unfair charges from banks and credit card companies site, which you posted in an earlier link - Brilliant Site.

and I have found the 1st spreadsheet you recommended.

Excel Variable Interest Spreadsheet.

I have a problem that there only 3 boxes for each month, and some months I have 4 or 5 bank charges - I can't seem to be able to type in more than 3 amounts for each month.

Am I being very dim ?

Also does this spreadsheet just detail the figures,

do you then have to complete another form itemising the figures.

I have been looking at a spreadsheet on the CAG and it itemises the bank charge, as well as giving the amount. I think this is the 'simple' version (this would obviously be the one I would be attracted to) ! !

Will this version do - and does it alter the interest that has been accruing for you on a daily basis ?

sorry for all the questions.

this is the first time in my life i have ever done a spreadsheet, so need to tread carefully,

will have to reserve the silver-surfing for when i get a little more confident as my knees are knocking too much right now !

Thankyou Squarebob for your kind help.

alice x x

Oh Alice you little devil!

Here's what you do, my son showed me as I had the same problem.

On the Spreadsheet it is the Total amount of charges etc for each month that goes in each box. Now if you look at one of my earlier postings I mentioned that there was also a template for manualling filling in your charges, this is the list that itemises every charge and when and what for, this list then goes with your spreadsheet and becomes part of your claim. If your claim is done online, then this has to be sent to the court with a covering letter which you will find in the templates library. If you go the NI route, then just put everything together x 3 and take it to your local court.

It all looks daunting, but if an old one-finger typist like me can do it, so can you. Beauty of all this technology is that you can rectify your mistakes.

Good Luck :)

Alice, I have just checked the template, it shows Two boxes per each month, so I checked with my filled in spreadsheet and here's why; You put your total charges on the top line and the bottom line produces the interest for that total. And when you get to the end of year you will have a Total figure for your charges and a Total figure for your interest, the further back you go, the higher the amount of Interest.

Have a play around with the spreadsheet until you get the hang of it.

Have a nice day.

hi squarebob,

you really are a sweetheart.

thankyou so much for all the time and trouble you have taken to explain this to me. very much appreciated.

I'm currently in the process of completing a Form N244, (trying!) because i entered the wrong calculation and interest on my mcol claim form, and seeing as this will be my second attempt, I want to get it all word and figure perfect - so this is why i have been panicing a little.

thank goodness there are so many kind caring people.

thanks squarebob.

alice x x

Well Alice the order of the day is 'Don't Panic'.

Just take your time filling in all your forms etc, if you need any help etc, there are plenty of useful threads and links to help you.

The beauty of computers is that you can save and change your work as you go. In my case I filled in my form on the 9th of May, but due to nerves and wanting everything to be perfect, I never took my claim to court until the 24th of May, and even then I started to have second thoughts. But my claim must have been as near perfect as possible as the bank's solicitors never mentioned that my claim had anything missing, mind you they never said that I was going to get anything either.

So Alice, take one step at a time, we are all here to help (if we can). :)

:) Quick up date on my thread ... Sent off Prelim letter to my husband bank, along with the list of charges .. just hope I have used all the correct spreadsheets and percentages, sent this by signed for post, should arrive on there desks tomorrow. Starting my 14 day countdown now and expecting a fob off letter.

:( Well that was quick ... got home this evening and there on the doormat was a response to my Prelim Letter from A&L only sent it to them on the 19th June. Letter is a usual response one, telling me they are enclosing their complaints leaflet (this was missing) and saying obviously they do not feel that they have unfairly charged me and regret they cannot agree to refund me any fees blah blah blah.:rolleyes:

Quick question though .... do I still wait until the end of the 14 days or as they have responded so quickly can I move onto the next stage? Really wasnt expect a response from them just yet!!!

all the advice I have seen says stick to the timetable as laid out in FAQ and step by step instructions, even if they reply early. It is the tried and tested route.

jansus:)

Please note I am not an expert - I am not offering opinions or legal help - Please use all the information provided on the site in FAQ- step by step instructions and library- thanks Jansus:)

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/images/icons/icon1.gif

offer from A&L 24/8/07 - after case stayed

"What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well." - Antione de Saint Exupery

PROUD TO BE AN ORANGE

Why wait? I know some people say stick to the timescales, but whose? Yours or theirs! No, you set the timescales, after all it is you who is asking for your money back, if it was them, they'd be soon dipping into your bank account.

Time will still drag, so why prolong the agony.