Reply from hsbc

molly1959
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5490 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

well, the data protection act or whatever it is - gives them 40 days to respond - which i make next saturday. so, i'd ring them - probably tuesday and just to ask if they've received your letter and are dealing with it -

hopefully they will be able to tell you that they are. i do know they are very, very busy with all of this just now but it should be dealt with.

here is the link for the template letter if they don't comply:

Data Protection Act - Non-Compliance - Template Letters

also, any chance of getting them on-line:

INTERNET BANKING WEBSITE: -

HSBC INTERNET BANKING

HOW TO OBTAIN YOUR STATEMENTS ON LINE: -

Click on “My Accounts” choose the account that you wish to deal with and then click on “My Statements” this will give you online access to up to 6 years of statements. (Repeat for each account and use a separate spreadsheet for each account).

Hint: - Watch out for the moving "Prev" button it is replaced by "Next" which takes you back to where you started :rolleyes:

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

molly, it is much better to take things slowly and get them right than to rush through and wish you'd made a better job of it -

i know you are interested in the cheque question - that's for later - once they make you an offer - you can return your acceptance of an offer and say in it that you will only consider the offer if it is paid by cheque - so that's a bit further down the line.

my suggestions for you are this:

keep to this thread - don't start any more new ones - then we can find you when we want to help you.

use mcol for doing your claim as if it simple and straightforward.

here's a link to help when you are ready to do it:Getting MCOL Right

you need to get all your charges onto a simple spreadsheet to work out how much interest you will be asking for on the claim.

my suggestion is to wait until the 9th of july to file your claim (this is for a couple of reasons), 1) sometimes given some extra time hsbc comes in with an offer and you may want to consider it, normally it is about 80% of what you asked for and 2) more importantly, you will have the time to get your spreadsheet totally correct and also have the advantage of adding that 125 charge on there - so when you are doing the s/s - if you are going to file on 9 july - you are right to include that charge that will be taken that day.

i'm going to ask a moderator to merge all your threads together so we will be able to track your progress better - so no more new ones - stick to this one.

if you have any problems with the mcol - get back - but that link will be very helpful. it would be good to log onto mcol website now (the link is in getting mcol right) and start filling in what you can - then when you've got your spreadsheet done - you can fill in the extra bits and you'll be nearly done.

get started on your spreadsheet and where it shows todays date - make it 9 July 2007 if you are going to file that day - then the interest will be spot on (if you can't figure that part out - just use the date on the s/s - it will only be a little different).

p.s. i'm going to send you a copy of my particulars of claim as another example - you can copy them using your details and i know they are correct - i've sent them to over a hundred people on here now and many, many have already got their money back.

so watch for the pm - put it some place to keep for the mcol.

• Haha 1

yes, did it yesterday - it should be in your inbox of private messages - above the thread on the right side - blue box saying welcom molly1959 - just click on private messages - it should be there - if not - let me know i'll resend. it's not the full mcol - just the particulars of claim which has to be just so...and is a very small box with limited space on the mcol

ok, just checked - not in my sent items - so have resent it now

thanks michael - think i'm having a senior moment -

good pick up!

that's correct, molly, if you are excempt - you can't use mcol - you must file the n1 at your local court. so you can use the much longer particulars found in the template library. and the copies of your breakdown for the court will go in with the n1 (on the positive side of the n1) you don't wait 2 weeks for mcol to transfer you to a local court when they defend at the end of the 28 days as you are already dealing with them

• 2 weeks later...

i'd say you could start checking the status of your mcol claim around the 24th of july - just check each day - to see if it's changed - you might try pressing the judgment button once each day but don't keep pressing it - i know someone who did and it caused a bit of a meltdown on his claim. by the 24/25th i bet they have filed a defence and it will say "you can not proceed on mcol".. then you know they have defended.

• 2 weeks later...

yes, in a week or three you'll get a notice from mcol saying here's a copy of bank's defence and you are being transferred to xxxxx county court.

then another wait for the locals to let you know how they want to proceed. when you get the locals court directions - post them here and we'll help you know what is required.

read up on post 1 of both my aq threads in my signature to see what happens at this point - then you'll be all clued up when the info arrives - it won't seem so foreign to you

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

it should be bound together molly in some form - one for the courts, one for the banks and one for you - bound in a folder, bound with string, bound however...........

fl, you took the biscuit in the panic sweeps when doing your bundle and also the prize for most excited when you got your offer!!!:D

• Haha 1