incipience vs The Abbey

incipience
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5566 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Having recently cleared all the moneys owing to Abbey Bank including all fees levied. I decided that it would be time to claim back the charges.

7 days after sending the letter to Abbey, I was very surprised to get an alert from my 24/7 monitored credit file. Abbey had registered a fresh default to 2 credit reference agencies that didnt even hold details of my account. Whats more, they are still showing the balance that I paid a month before as outstanding.

I contacted the CRA's and disputed the default and the outstanding balance issues. The response from the CRAs was that of "Abbey, have stated that the account status and balance are correct" I then contacted Abbey DMO and asked for my balance, which of course they told me that the account was cleared.

Even the fact that I submitted evidence to the CRAs that the account was cleared, they have refused to remove the incorrect and prejudicial information.

Has anyone experienced similar?

What options do I now have to get this corrected?

Frankly I am disgraced at the lengths a company will go to in order to punish people for fair repayment of levied fees.

Support the Cause and Fight Firstplus Google "First Plus Complaints"

Kev.. yeah I get that, however Abbey are claiming that the details are true. Therefore the question is surely with the evidence to hand someone must be able to force Abbey to remove the data.

I had the same problem. Contact Julie Edwards at Abbey on 01908 680135 - I did and she asked for proof that the account was paid. They seem to get a little shaken when I told them I was contact the FSA and the ICO. They also claimed that the information I sent recorded delivery to The Debt Management Department wasn't received even though I had the recorded receipt to tell me otherwise. They are very slimy and try to worm their way out of it, but I would also threaten legal action as they have filed false information about you, which I believe is in some ways fraudulent information.

Can anyone verify that?

Abbey - £539 pending - !!!WON!!!

Halifax - £676 pending - stayed at court

2nd Claim with Halifax - £168 pending

Lloyds TSB - £780 (sisters) !!!WON!!! - Filed waste of costs order (on hold)

Barclays - Barclays filed crap defense - on hold

AND THE BANKS ARE STILL CHARGING!!!!!!!

How very dare you!!

• 1 year later...

The Fight Continues.. Just waiting for a result on the Bank Charges Case, before making my next move.

Also the Julie Edwards Number has changed to 01908 349822

Edited by incipience