Makenzie Hall - please help

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5326 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hiya :)

Does anyone know anything about these people?

Was sent a letter by them asking for settlement of an alledged debt a few weeks ago.

The 'debt' apparently dates back to 2001 from my previous address and they say it's in relation to Studio.

Not had any communication regarding this matter from Studio at all :? Not even at my previous address.

Now, suddenly, when the alleged sum will become statute barred I assume, they're chasing me in an extremly agressive manner :mad: When I questioned them as to why thier only contacting me now, they said they'd only just managed to trace me from the electoral register :? I've been on it since moving to this adress...

Also, when I asked them why I'd never had any communication from Studio, they replied 'how should they know'. The woman I spoke to then commenced to be very rude and tell me that if the debt wasn't mine (while sniggering) that I HAD to report the matter to the police as 'Identity theft'!

Luckily, because I've heard about identity theft and also heard about DCAs doing this kind of thing I knew what to say :)

I explained to her that without any proper info the police won't take a report but she insisted they would :?

That's why I CCA'd them. Armed with this info (if they can produce) I can then look into the matter properly and decide my proper course of action.

My gut feeling is that these are a bunch of chancers praying on vulnerable people...

CCA'd them on 25th May recorded of course...

Any suggestions how I should handle this?

BB

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Trojan1401 :)

Does anyone have an e-mail address for

Mackenzie Hall 30 The Foregate

Kilmarnock

Ayrshire

KA1 1LU

This info would be greatfully appreciated as I'm dealing with several DCAs and its costing a fortune out of my very limited budget to send everything recorded...

BB

Hiya guys, update on Mackenzie Hall...

Here's the letter I recieved from them today...

30 The Foregate. Kilmarnock KA1 1JH T. 01563 554 540 F. 0845 280 1776

Reference: xxxxxxxxx

Mav 2007

mackenziehall

debt recovery and trace consultants E. [email protected]

Request for Copy of Agreement under section s.78 (1) of the Consumer Credit Act 1974.

Dear Mrs xxxxxxx

We refer to your letter dated 25-May-07.

We have contacted our client for a copy of your agreement and statement of your account.

Your account is currently on 'Hold'. Please be assured that no action will be taken against you.

Should we not receive the relevant proof from our client within 28 days, we will close your file and return the file to our client. Our client will then decide what step to take.

As a gesture of goodwill, your payment has been returned. Kind regards

Yours sincerely

"laire Dillon Compliance Department.

Hmmm...28 days...Sounds familiar :rolleyes::?

BB

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi guys biggrin.gif

Update...

Very positive meeting with Trading Standards this morning. My local TS are very quick and professional. I contatced them via Consumer Direct on Tuesday and they came to my house this morning, listened and noted everything I had to say, even took all documents and notes, copied and returned them this afternoon.

Will update as soon as I hear back from them :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hiya guys 'n gals :D

Guess what I had from East Ayrshire Council Trading Standards yesterday...

Department of Neighbourhood Services

Executive Director: William Stafford. MCIWM, MREHIS

Trading Standards Service 14 London Road KILMARNOCK

KAsyAF K/\st

Tel: (01563) 521502 FAX: (01563) 554379 COUNCIL

If telephoning please ask for: Mr x xxxxxxx Direct Dial: (01563) 00000000

OurRef: XXXXXX

Date: Monday, 23 July 2007

Dear Mrs BB

MACKENZIE HALL. 30 FOREGATE. KILMARNOCK

Consumer Direct have forwarded details of your complaint concerning the above company to this Service. However, at present the Office of Fair Trading is dealing with this company.

MacKenzie Hall is a debt collection company licensed by the Office of Fair Trading. The Office of Fair Trading has issued guidelines for debt collectors which covers many aspects of the way they conduct their business. The guidelines are intended to discourage the type of behaviour the Office of Fair Trading considers to fall within the category of unfair business practice.

Although the Office of Fair Trading will not deal with individual complaints they will take account of the number and type of complaints received in determining whether any action is required. I would be obliged, therefore, if you would forward details of your complaint together with copies of correspondence to the following address: -

Office of Fair Trading Regulatory Section Fleetbank House 2/6 Salisbury Square LONDON EC4Y 8JX

X XXXXXXXX

Enforcement Officer

Yours sincerely

COUNCIL HEADQUARTERS LONDON ROAD KILMARNOCK KAs yBU TEL: 01563 576000 FAX 0000000000 www.east-avrshire.gov.uk

Good thing my local TS are helping handle this then, and it would seem that poor Kilmarnock TS is swamped with complaints about MH :rolleyes:

Ah well, back to my local TS, as I'm sure they can pass all info on as they already have it...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Oh dear *cough*...

Studio have confirmed with my local Trading Standards that they never had a CCA for this alledged debt :mad:

How dare they pass it to MH for collection :mad:.

Not surprising then that MH passed back to Studio as soon as TS got involved :rolleyes:

Wonder how many breaches of the data protection act both companies commited :eek:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

YAY :D

Result!!!

Recieved letter from TS that Studio won't be pursuing this matter after muck hall passed back for non-comp with CCA as they never had one anyway :rolleyes: Why does that not surprise me :rolleyes:

PS. No worries rory I know you're just doing your job *hugs*

• 2 months later...
IGNORE these people they are on a phishing trip. They probably sent hundreds of similar letters like this out to people with your surname.

Exactly as ODC says...they've gone phishing :rolleyes: ...Again...

*BB wonders how many trees these **** go through and what their carbon footprint is *

Surely there should be legislation from environmental agencies regarding this monumentous waste of junk mail :eek: