Lloyds TSB - Defend or concede?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6223 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have been helping my sis with her claim for overdraft excess fees, unpaid direct debit fees and overdraft interest on the Lloyds TSB joint account she has with her husband. After totting up the figures it came to the tune of just under £1100. No wonder they've been struggling for the past 2 years - the amounts taken were effectively equal to the child benefit money paid in!!!! After helping submit the necessary letters and filing the standard replies received I paid the £120 to make their claim online. Lloyds have now filed a defence disputing the whole claim and we're awaiting the matter to be transferred to court.

I will help fight my sis's corner all the way (indeed I've said she can keep the court fee when it's refunded) as I feel so strongly and know from people I talk with and this vast site that bank's are unable to justify their excessive charges.

I'm beginning to doubt if she will receive a settlement offer and maybe the bank might just show in court.

Having said that if the recent ruling by Judge Cooke didn't set a precedent then I guess the bank have a slim chance of victory by "defending" in court albeit with a no show instead of just conceding beforehand.

Is the winning line in sight or shall I put my best suit aside ready for court?

Hello I am in the same situation I do not know what to do I have a claim against Lloyds TSB for £2,000 including court costs - I added no interest on and only went back 3 years and Lloyds have decided to defend the case and after the last ruling I am seriously considering withdrawing from the case. Is there anybody out there that can advise. I most certainly would not be prepared to lose and appeal to the high court am too scared costs etc which I could not afford. At the end of the day the banks charges are absurd and if you ask them to increase your overdrat for a temporary period they refuse and it costs you a fortune and gets you in more and more debt it is totally unethical and I cannot believe the judges ruling. I am lucky and have managed to sort my finances out and even though my Lloyds account is still open have another account and everything is fine but I want my money back - Should I carry on with court proceedings or stop!!! Despartely seeking advice!:???:

it's 99.99% certain your claim will go the same as all the others have, but its important to be thoroughly prepared, and include your T&Cs with the court bundle... just in case!

Theres no substitute for research and a bit of work. :-D

Crusher :-D

EDIT

I see a few others feel the same way.... DONT PANIC!

read the top 2 links in my signature.

then go and have a cup of tea! :-D

in fact, take a look at this... fresh news today!

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/welcome-our-forum/91971-lloyds-pay-up-after.html

keep on with your claim. make sure you are ready to go to court if need be, i.e get your court bundle ready now include t&c's, orton letter, mcnamara interview. all are posted on cag it just takes a bit of time reading threads. :eek: . keep the faith and good luck.:)

Hi tonties

I know it's a long drawn out affair but I sincerely hope you stick with it! I run my own successful business and work only 2 doors away from Lloyds TSB! If they knew I was on my sis's case they'd be surprised to put it lightly! Hang onto my coat tails and we'll get through this together. An organisation that continually files defences yet fails to appear in court clearly has problems. I didn't add interest onto claim either - my sis only wants back from them what they took.

You'll never get a better chance than now to get your money back. We've done nearly all the hard work so let's finish the job off and get Lloyds to pay up!

Keep smiling