• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Egg_Charges and Default

Yasmin
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6080 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

No new defence is required , CB, as it as just a case which is being restored, apparently! Although on the application, I did have to make a statement, as to why I wanted to have it restored. As far as I know Egg don't have to submit anything, not that they ever do, LOL.

Woolwich won in court/default removed Barclaycard Settled Halifax settled

Capital 1Settled GE Money Settled

Egg Settled-court action re.default 4th hearing!

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No new defence is required , CB, as it as just a case which is being restored, apparently! Although on the application, I did have to make a statement, as to why I wanted to have it restored. As far as I know Egg don't have to submit anything, not that they ever do, LOL.

Good Luck Yasmin-

Re: your comment-

"not that they ever do, LOL".

Are you saying that Egg never provide a Court Bundle as ordered by the judge?

AC

Well ,not sure about never. However in my case, they did not submit or turn up with it at the first hearing! It's just their general delaying tactics...:rolleyes: unfortunately the judge on that day didn't seem to be too phased by this...they also never responded to my S A R...have not provided me with genuine copy of default notice or proof that I requested the P.P.I.

Amazing how they are getting away with it

It's because these companies pay the FSA and Ombudsmans and also the Judges etc (probably) have shares in the companies!!

Disclaimer: Anything I write in these forums is my personal opinion and offered without prejudice. If in doubt, please seek independent legal advice.

*If what I have told you in this post has helped, please press the star at the bottom left and tell me!!*

My charges claims:

un1boy vs egg *SETTLED* | Un1boy vs LTSB-SETTLED | un1boy vs Black Horse-SETTLED | Un1boy v Smile *WON* | un1boy v HSBC - SETTLED! | Un1boy's HSBC CC - SETTLED! | Un1boy vs Co-Op *SETTLED* |un1boy vs Co-Op CC *SETTLED*

Default removals:

un1boy v Equifax - Default removal

un1boy vs Experian - Default removal

Yes, un1boy-

I am aware that both the FOS & FSA are limited companies and therefore not government bodies and that they are both financed by levies paid to them by these Giant Financial Institutions.

However, I have faith in the judiciary.

Yasmin, looks like I am in a similar position to you, as I have not been provided with a true certified copy of the Default Notice, nor a copy of the Original true signed copy of my CCA credit agreement. My DSIR request was incomplete, unintelligible.

Love

AC

• 1 month later...

Hi Yasmin,

How goes with the case?

Any news from Egg???

Hondamad :)

EGG CC Default Removal: Have reported Egg to Trading Standards, Summery Claim - 2nd Hearing Date 09/10/07. Click here to read posts

Monument CC: received statements, now need to send letters. . . !

BoS Current Account: Settled

Citi Cards: Hhmm seems like I have sued the wrong “entity”. Aaaaahhhhh . . .. oh well back to court I go, and they have settled in full!!!

:-D:p:D

This is just advice from me. If you are not sure please seek legal advice. However if what I have said has been helpful, than please add to my reputation by clicking on the scales :D

Hi.....Well all the usual avoidance tactics. Wrote to their solicitors, to try to avoid further waste of court time, copy letter to the court! Response was a joke...so replied, sending letter copy to the court again, of course.

Basically they do not want to remove the default, even though they can not produce certified copy or copy of agreement or PPI. They have ignored the statutory request and of course the figure they defaulted me on includes PPI, which I certainly cannot remember requesting( which has now been refunded) also unlawful charges!!

Amazing, that now we are due back in court towards the end of the month, they are endeavoring to produce copies........:rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Just to keep you informed .In Court tomorrow re default they are refusing to remove:rolleyes:

good luck yas!! xx

Disclaimer: Anything I write in these forums is my personal opinion and offered without prejudice. If in doubt, please seek independent legal advice.

*If what I have told you in this post has helped, please press the star at the bottom left and tell me!!*

My charges claims:

un1boy vs egg *SETTLED* | Un1boy vs LTSB-SETTLED | un1boy vs Black Horse-SETTLED | Un1boy v Smile *WON* | un1boy v HSBC - SETTLED! | Un1boy's HSBC CC - SETTLED! | Un1boy vs Co-Op *SETTLED* |un1boy vs Co-Op CC *SETTLED*

Default removals:

Thanks, Much appreciated guys XXX

Thank you Mistermind....Well back from court. Don't know if you recall but my case was a bit complicated, one of the first and has dragged on for about a year with adjournment after adjournment. This was causing me alot of stress, so in November, I agreed a settlement figure and deal with Direct Legal Collections.

My understanding was that the account would be marked as settled, the account closed, and any adverse credit removed, including default notice.

This seemed to be a good deal, and on the evening before the hearing was due Egg dropped the counter claim and any further action. I went to court however, as advised, and agreed to abandon the claim providing Egg kept to the terms of the agreement.

Of course the rest is history. I applied to the court to re instate the case for the default removal only.

The Judge was extremely helpful this morning and advised me that the County Court did not have the jurisdiction to order the removal of a default notice. (I had dropped the claim for unlawful charges as the DLC had offered me what I thought was a good deal)

When I mentioned the DLC he was not at all impressed. He advised me that if he were to rule that the deal be struck out, then I could reinstate my full claim for the unlawful charges and default removal.

We have 14 days to prepare statements, showing our understanding and interpretation of the deal struck between myself and DLC. If it is struck out then my original case will be reinstated and be heard in the High Court.

The judge has very kindly issued this case to himself, which is a relief .......

I was very impressed with the way the judge conducted the hearing, so on to the next stage.........

in November, I agreed a settlement figure and deal with Direct Legal Collections.

My understanding was that the account would be marked as settled, the account closed, and any adverse credit removed, including default notice.

.... and agreed to abandon the claim providing Egg kept to the terms of the agreement.

Of course the rest is history. I applied to the court to re instate the case for the default removal only.

The Judge was extremely helpful this morning and advised me that the County Court did not have the jurisdiction to order the removal of a default notice. (I had dropped the claim for unlawful charges as the DLC had offered me what I thought was a good deal)

When I mentioned the DLC he was not at all impressed
. He advised me that if he were to rule that the deal be struck out, then I could reinstate my full claim for the unlawful charges and default removal.

We have 14 days to prepare statements, showing our understanding and interpretation of the deal struck between myself and DLC. If it is struck out then my original case will be reinstated and be heard in the High Court. .........

Yasmin, you have been a member of CAG since February 2006 when it was BankActionGroup, even before the OFT's watershed pronouncement of 5th April 2006. You go right back to the era of Stephen Hone, whom the Abbey intimidated with threats and ordeals, then finally appeased with a fivefold repayment at the last minute in order to stay out of court.

On the impending High Court trial should you wish to proceed I would suggest four itemised pros and cons:

(1) PRO - Your win on the reclaim of unlawful charges.

Favourable verdict would be a foregone conclusion. Such judgment will set a landmark precedent binding on lower courts, leading to nationwide publicity followed by a blizzard of automatic judgements in Small Claims Courts in favour of full refund of 6 years unlawful charges with interest to anyone who asks. To mount a defence Egg will need to expose all their unlawful earnings figures analysis, and even then they are likely to lose, so they would rather die than face you in High Court.

(2) Neutral - Removal of Default Notice (your outstanding aim):

(A) Egg Default Notice was served on you without mailed pre-warning contrary to law.

(B) Default condition was triggered by PPI for which Egg failed to produce evidence of your consent to subscribe for it.

A verdict on this issue would be beyond me, I leave it to CAG highflyer lawyers.

(3) PRO - additional damages

Egg messed you about for a whole year, and went back on a tit-for-tat understanding last November (you drop your lawsuit, they wipe the slate clean including withdrawal of Default Notice). If you have clear paperwork in black and white recording this bargain basis, then the picture is one of Egg going back on its written word, time and again by intent causing you distress, time and expense over an extended period. Natural justice would suggest additional compensation a la Stephen Hone as well as removing Default Notice.

(4) CON - Legal costs awarded against the loser

In the High Court the winner's costs running into 4- or 5- figures can potentially be awarded against the loser who already has his/her barrister expenses. For the ground-breaking first case to reach the High Court, CAG's real lawyers will have to hold your hand. With such large costs involved, even a small risk would be serious.

-------------------------------------------------------

Egg would rather die than land in High Court, and the card industry will collectively frown on Egg if they were foolhardy enough to proceed. For this reason I believe paras (2) (3) (4) would be academic, as item (1) will not happen.

To get out of (1), Egg will have to satisfy you with (2) and (3), with deeds before court date, not words -- which even in black and white they previously failed to honour.

GL Yasmin, but it's time for top CAG lawyers.

Thank you Mistermind for that interesting and informative feedback. I will certainly bare all that in mind as I prepare my statement and wait to see what unfolds.....

Thank you Mistermind....Well back from court. Don't know if you recall but my case was a bit complicated, one of the first and has dragged on for about a year with adjournment after adjournment. This was causing me alot of stress, so in November, I agreed a settlement figure and deal with Direct Legal Collections.

This seemed to be a good deal, and on the evening before the hearing was due Egg dropped the counter claim and any further action. I went to court however, as advised, and agreed to abandon the claim providing Egg kept to the terms of the agreement.

When I mentioned the DLC he was not at all impressed. He advised me that if he were to rule that the deal be struck out, then I could reinstate my full claim for the unlawful charges and default removal.

We have 14 days to prepare statements, showing our understanding and interpretation of the deal struck between myself and DLC. If it is struck out then my original case will be reinstated and be heard in the High Court.

The judge has very kindly issued this case to himself, which is a relief .......

I was very impressed with the way the judge conducted the hearing, so on to the next stage.........

well done Yasmin...

Has anyone go their charges back yet from Egg?

My charges claims:

Default removals:

so far so good Yasmin!!

If you found this post useful, please click on the "scales" icon in the bottom left of my post and say so!

The opinions of this post are those of monkey_uk and do not constitute sound legal advice. I am not a lawyer.

--

Halifax Unlawful Bank Charges: S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) Sent 28/02/07 - CC Statement's rcv'd 18/04/07 Bank a/c statements rcv'd 19/04/07

First Direct Unlawful Bank Charges: Settled in Full 12/05/06 | £2235.50

Thanx for your good wishes, all... and you especially AC, let us know when you get your next hearing date. Hang on in there. Have you been drinking UN1boy ?? unlike you to come up with a question like that LOL.... Look at Misterminds roll call. x

Court date through this morning....1st available date 6th June!!:rolleyes:Have to get my statement in soon however, as the judge gave us two weeks to do that. Wonder if Egg will keep to the deadline.......

Oh Good Luck Yasmin!

I didn't understand your last post regading Mister's roll call - I wasn't aware that anyone has won against Egg yet.

I will be with you in spirit that day....

My charges claims:

Default removals:

Have sent a letter to the court requesting an earlier date, and stating my reasons. This is dragging on and on......Thanks un1boy for good wishes...

goodness me, I can 't believe that this is STILL ongoing!

If you found this post useful, please click on the "scales" icon in the bottom left of my post and say so!

The opinions of this post are those of monkey_uk and do not constitute sound legal advice. I am not a lawyer.

--

Halifax Unlawful Bank Charges: S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) Sent 28/02/07 - CC Statement's rcv'd 18/04/07 Bank a/c statements rcv'd 19/04/07

First Direct Unlawful Bank Charges: Settled in Full 12/05/06 | £2235.50

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6080 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks