• Tweets

• That is so very tempting.   They are doing my annual review as we speak and I'm waiting for their response once I have it I will consider my next steps.    The debt camel website mentioned above is amzing and helping to. Education me alot    
    • Sending you a big hug. I’m sorry your going through this. The letters they send sound aweful, and the waiting game for them to stop. But these guys seem so knowledgable and these letters should stop. Hang in there, and keep in touch. Don’t feel alone 
    • In my time I've never seen a payout/commission from a PPC to a landlord/MA. Normally the installation of all the cameras/payment of warden patrols etc is free but PPCs keep 100% of the ticket revenue. Not saying it doesn't happen mind. I've done some more digging on this: Remember, what your lease doesn't say is just as important as what it does say. If your lease doesn't mention a parking scheme/employment of a PPC/Paying PCNs etc you're under no legal obligation to play along to the PPC's or the MA's "Terms and conditions". I highly doubt your lease had a variation in place to bring in this permit system. Your lease will likely have a "quiet enjoyment" clause for your demised space and the common areas and having to fight a PPC/MA just to park would breach that. Your lease has supremacy of contract, but I do agree it's worth keeping cool and not parking there (and hence getting PCNs) for a couple months just so that the PPC doesn't get blinded by greed and go nuclear on you if you have 4 or 5 PCNs outstanding. At your next AGM, bring it up that the parking controls need to be removed and mention the legal reasons why. One reason is that under S37(5b) Landlord and Tenant Act 1987,  more than 75% of leaseholders and/or the landlord would have needed to agree, and less than 10% opposed, for the variation to take place. I highly doubt a ballot even happened before the PPC was bought in so OPS even being there is unlawful, breaching the terms of your lease. In this legal sense,  the communal vote of the "directors" of the freehold company would have counted for ONE vote of however many flats there are (leases/tenants) + 1 (landlord). It's going to be interesting to see where this goes.  
    • @Whyisitthisthank you very much for asking. I am still feeling anxious, especially when someone rings the doorbell, or when I receive a letter I feel a it paranoid. I stopped going to the shops unless I really have to. I shop online now. When I see security I feel paralised. 
    • My expectation was their WS would include the best paperwork, like at least true copies of originals, but these just look wrong somehow, perhaps the font and size of font... Not sending me the DN in CCA request but producing it for evidence I would argue could be a tactic used by them... - Page 11 with ticks - there is no reference to IP addresses - Home addresses are correct for dates in documents   Just looking up example Defendant WS's while awaiting your thoughts on this
  • Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Marilyn v Halifax **SETTLED**

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6479 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

PM its ok l think my sense of humour had a bypass and mechs has told me they've gone to the bear garden so my apologies will be registered there. Thanks for the message of support.

BTW lve changed my sig just a tad LOL

Marilyn:p

--------------------------

HALIFAX A/C - SETTLED 4 AUG

HALIFAX CC - Data Protection Act SENT 2 AUG

15/09/06 - rec'd all statements - Eventually!! -521.81GBP

21/09/06 - Prelim sent

08/10/06 - LBA sent

11/10/06 - Offer £278.10, no thanks

01/11/06 - MCOL £862.56

03/11/06 - offer £521.81 - not sure yet

03/11/06 - MCOL letter

_____________________________________-

:lol: don't be like the banks - give a little back:lol:

DONATE SO THEY CAN CARRY ON HELPING PEOPLE LIKE US!

There was a time before CAG but now CAG is here we are the empowered!

Advice & opinions given by marilyn are personal. If in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi everyone

Just a quickie update:

sent my lba yesterday received by email today:

Dear Mrs Heagren

Thank you for your e mail.

I have passed your e mail onto the relevant person. I will contact Blair Oliver and Scott again today to inform them that your charges are still in dispute.

Regards

Margaret

so hopefully BO&S wont be bothering me for a while yet...although did have a couple of calls, private number, on my moby today, didnt answer it LOL

:grin:

21/09/06 - Prelim sent

08/10/06 - LBA sent

01/11/06 - MCOL £862.56

03/11/06 - MCOL letter

Advice & opinions given by marilyn are personal. If in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional

• 2 weeks later...

Just thought ld give you an update, since sending my LBA havent heard a word, not that expected to, so as the deadline is approaching, 19 July, getting a wee nervous, but also still determined that lm going to get my money back.

Keep your fingers crossed for me that once lve done the moneyclaim that things go ok, as there is still this little niggle in the back of my mind that l'll be the ONE that has to go all the way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:-o

21/09/06 - Prelim sent

08/10/06 - LBA sent

01/11/06 - MCOL £862.56

03/11/06 - MCOL letter

Well another update...

Received a letter from Haligrab this morning upping their offer from 390.00 pounds to 1179.00 pounds hmmmmmm dont think l'll be accepting as a full and final offer. will write email to reject this only accepting as a partial settlement. the 14 days are up, unfortunately money is a little tight this week so we offer them another 7 days to offer me the full amount (fat chance) and then its MCOL when l get paid next week. wish l could start the action this week but lve waited this long so a few more days isnt going to hurt....

Any ideas on what l should put in my email rejecting as full and final, have an idea of the sort of thing l want to put but could do with some pointers....Tks:)

21/09/06 - Prelim sent

08/10/06 - LBA sent

01/11/06 - MCOL £862.56

03/11/06 - MCOL letter

*Bump*

21/09/06 - Prelim sent

08/10/06 - LBA sent

01/11/06 - MCOL £862.56

03/11/06 - MCOL letter

:) Hiya Marilyn, well we were hoping that they wouldn't settle before we started court action cos of getting the 8% interest :lol: which we did!! :lol:

as to what you could write:

Off the top of my head we sent something on the lines of:

I respectfully decline your offer of £200.00 in full and final settlement of my "complaint' regarding bank charges. Of course, if you wish to send a cheque in the name of mechs & wife for the sum of £200.00 as partial payment then that will be acceptable." I will, of course, continue on with reclaiming the remainder.

:) Hope this helps?

:) Go on ... you know you want to click me :)

:lol:don't be like the banks - give a little back :lol:

:D There was a time before CAG but now CAG is here we are the empowered! :D

In progress:

Mechs and Mother (deceased) V Halifax - N1 form filed at Court 9 Aug 06

Advice & opinions of mechs, The Consumer Action Group and The Bank Action Group are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

Mechs

Thanks for that its a real help l was struggling with exactly what to put.

:)

21/09/06 - Prelim sent

08/10/06 - LBA sent

01/11/06 - MCOL £862.56

03/11/06 - MCOL letter

I feel more confident in starting the battle with my demonds :evil:

lm glad your feeling confident always remember its your money and you deserve it back ok....the more people who claim their money, hopefully the banks will start to listen, although dont hold your breath LOL

Good luck

21/09/06 - Prelim sent

08/10/06 - LBA sent

01/11/06 - MCOL £862.56

03/11/06 - MCOL letter

Today received a letter from those stupid people sending me my 'missing' statements, which l already received in June, so obviously on the ball!!!!!!

l quote:

Dear Sir/Madam

Completion of Request for a list of Transactions & Charges

Please find enclosed missing statements for the dates specified in your email.

Should your any general a/c queries..blah blah

Details of how we use your data can be found on the Internet under the Security & Privacy section at www.halifax.co.uk or Bank Of Scotland - Home -. If you would like a copy of the registered Data Protection Notification details this can be found at www.informationcommissioner.gov.uk Alternatively please me know if you would like me to forward a copy of either to you.

Yours faithfully

Nicola Inett

Data Protection Consultant

Business Risk - Retail

How come someone from Business Risk is communicating with me, lm not a bloody business!!!!!!!!!!!!!:evil:

21/09/06 - Prelim sent

08/10/06 - LBA sent

01/11/06 - MCOL £862.56

03/11/06 - MCOL letter

Need some help!!!!!!!!

lve copied the particulars of claim but l have a question....

Under Point 5 a) the return of the amounts debited in respect of charges in the sum of XXXX.XX and any interest charged thereon;

my question is the space of amount do you put just the charges here, ie 3003.00 without the interest debited, 82.13 OR do you put the total amount you are claiming for, ie the two amounts together.....

lve tried to find anywhere on the site which would help me with this but l cant seem to find anything that mentions this or am l being thick????:sad:

As lm getting close to court claim l dont want to make a cockup!!!!

21/09/06 - Prelim sent

08/10/06 - LBA sent

01/11/06 - MCOL £862.56

03/11/06 - MCOL letter

*bump*

21/09/06 - Prelim sent

08/10/06 - LBA sent

01/11/06 - MCOL £862.56

03/11/06 - MCOL letter

I must admit when I did my MCOL I found it quite confusing and scary. I am unsure exactly what point 5 a) is, but I do know that when I did the claim I tried various different things until I got the correct amount. Have you looked at the online help on MCOL? I found that really helpful.

See if this helps.Info about - County court bulk centre - money claim online

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Caro

Thanks, lm really quite nervous now that its here!!!! l so want to get it right btw do you know what the daily rate of interest is, l know lve read it here somewhere but do you think l can find it, the brain is obviously a little confused cause of this, its such a big deal never done anything like this before.:confused:

21/09/06 - Prelim sent

08/10/06 - LBA sent

01/11/06 - MCOL £862.56

03/11/06 - MCOL letter

Caro

help!!! lve just read about the claiming of interest, lm sure lm being thick but to be honest lm confused....

A. If you are claiming interest under section 69 of the county courts act 1984 you must multiply the amount you are claiming by 8% and then divide this by 365. This gives you the daily rate of interest. You must then work out how many days have passed since the date the invoice was due until the date the claim is issued. Not only must this be stated in the particulars of claim, but this figure must also be added to the amount you are claiming.

What do l use as the date the 'invoice' was due is that the date l started my claim, 19 May????????????

PLEASE HELP ME OUT HERE IM REALLY GETTING CONFUSED AND TERRIFIED I'LL DO SOMETHING WRONG!!!!!!!!!!!!

21/09/06 - Prelim sent

08/10/06 - LBA sent

01/11/06 - MCOL £862.56

03/11/06 - MCOL letter

just a quick question anyone...

is it the same letter used to request list of charges from Credit Card Companies as the bank you have your current account with?please help, i'm just about to send out letters but want to make sure everything is perfect...

Thanks in advance

Hi

As far as lm aware it is they are the same as the ones in the Bank Letter Templates, 1 asking for list of charges, 2 Prelim letter then 3 Letter before Action. Have you started your own thread then someone with more knowledge will be able to help with this as lm still a bit of a novice!!!!Take a look at the FAQs again lm sure the answer is there as well.

21/09/06 - Prelim sent

08/10/06 - LBA sent

01/11/06 - MCOL £862.56

03/11/06 - MCOL letter

OH MY GOD!!!

lve claimed online for my charges and now lm really really scared. Fingers crossed everyone!!!!!

CLAIM NO: 6QZ50004 will be issued tomorrow (friday) then l wait!!!!

21/09/06 - Prelim sent

08/10/06 - LBA sent

01/11/06 - MCOL £862.56

03/11/06 - MCOL letter

Sorry I couldn't get back to you earlier Marilyn, but it looks like you managed to sort out your claim in the end. It is much better if you can do it yourself so that you understand exactly what you are doing. It is also a good feeling when you do sort it yourself.

If you get stuck just go back to the FAQ's as much as you need to, and the search facility can be useful too. I still need to refer to them quite often to check what I am doing.

Anyway, I will keep everything crossed for you and wish you luck.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Thanks Caro

your right it is better if you can sort it out yourself, you feel so much better....was a bit nervous when l pressed that submit button but now lm fine now....

l do still look up the FAQs and the step by step guide, like you l still forget things but now lve done it once it shouldnt be so bad next time LOL

21/09/06 - Prelim sent

08/10/06 - LBA sent

01/11/06 - MCOL £862.56

03/11/06 - MCOL letter

:pJust take lots of deep breaths and try not to panic!

lm taking so many now think lm going to faint :lol:

Thanks for the support!:)

21/09/06 - Prelim sent

08/10/06 - LBA sent

01/11/06 - MCOL £862.56

03/11/06 - MCOL letter

:lol: Slow them down. I think you are hyper-ventilating. If this continues you need to get a brown paper bag, and breath slowly in and out of that.

First aid advice thrown in too. Now there's something you didn't expect!:p

:lol: Did you mean put the brown paper bag OVER my head.....now l know where to come if l have an emergency!!!!:-)

21/09/06 - Prelim sent

08/10/06 - LBA sent

01/11/06 - MCOL £862.56

03/11/06 - MCOL letter

Oh I give up. Just over your mouth. Might be best not to come here in an emergency.:D