Moneyhelp Vs Halifax Bank ***WON***

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6127 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 424
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks guys. It's all very daunting a I have never done this kind of thing before, the Halifax has been the thorn in my side for so many years. I think that's what's giving me the courage to go on.... well, and the support of all you guys.

{tangent}

I have been waiting for a council place after a relationship split... and have been offered a flat this morning, I am so happy right now I think I could poop my pants :D

{tangent}

What's the best speadsheet to calculate interest with, do any do it for you?

Plus...do I add overdraft interest or is that only if I put it in the LBA?

Oh questions, questions!

You lot are going to be so, so sick of me :D

Another question - sorry.

I got a letter today from jolly ol' Halifax today saying...

We are disappointed to note that despite previous letters, you have not made any payments to the above account... if no payment is recieved withing 7 days, we will refer the account to our collections department.

When I was dealing with my debts, I was advised not to worry about this account as it was well under my overdraft limit, I was told that it would have interest added monthly and as long as it was under my agreed amount I was ok.

Now... is there a letter template in here that I can send to offer them an amount per month to keep them off my back? if there is I can't find it.

I think they are getting snotty cos I am claiming my charges back... well if they paid me what they owe me I can clear the overdraft off and be done with them!

Any advice?????

Thanks again Tilly ;)

I went to my local Halifax this morning and threw my letter at them and asked what the hell was this all about...I was feeling so P***ed off with this letter.

She said it is because you haven't made a payment on it, I told her I thought it was retaliation as I was claiming my charges back! I also told her that the manager told me not to worry about it as long as it was under my overdraft limit... geeez they should make up their mind what they want me to do :-x

She told me to take the letter to the counter and make a token payment... so I paid £1 :D and they will get a blo*dy £1 a month until I can afford to pay more :-x

Ok rant over :D

I think I'm gonna call the court Monday and ask what proof they need for exemption cos it's doing my head in.

I have tried using Vamps spreadsheet, I think I managed it, but, isn't it supposed to add the 2 amounts up... like total charges and interest?

I have printed off a copy to see what it would look like, but it still didn't add the two together. :confused:

I have a headache now :eek: all this just makes me more determined to fight them :-x

I hope you filled it in :D

Geee I would give them a piece of my mind!

Hows things other than that? managing to sleep at night, I'm not :(

Will be so glad when all this is over with and I can get on with my life.

Do you wanna share your meds ja-de, I haven't slept for almost 2 days :roll:

I am seriously considering stopping this claim for a while, really can't handle the stress of it all :(

Anyways..

Called DWP last night and asked for a letter of proof that I get Income Support, received a letter this morning so that's taken care of. I will scan myself a few copies so I have some as backup.

Done my N1 last night, have no idea if it's right, will try and have another go at spread sheets later. I have no idea what the POC is that goes with it all :???:

Nothing in post from any of my claims. :-x and nothing been put in my account.

3 days and counting Halifax!

I am doing the first page of N1

I have charges of £xxx interest@ xxx

S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) £10

Postage costs £2.08

But don't know what to put in this bit..

Plus interest pursuant to S.69 County Courts Act 1984 from date of issue to date of judgement/settlement at £xx.xx per day [(enter daily rate here - (CHARGES+OD interest)x 0.00022 = pence per day)] OR at such rate and for such periods as the court deems just.

Thank you so much xpuser, I will look out for your thread, when are you starting? have you sent your SAR off yet?

Good luck on your claim :wink:

Ja-de, well what can I say, I think a combination of stress, anger and sheer frustration and sleepless nights got the better of me today. Thanks as always for your support, much apriciated :wink:

I have done my N1, spreadsheet with interest (I did Martin Lewis's one as I found it easier) proof of exemption and application for exemption. And added the POC to my N1. Printed off 3 copies.

I hope I have done all this correct. I am now going to chill out for a while me thinks, this is one of the most terrifying things I have ever done and my god will I celebrate when I get my money back!

The beers will be on me for everyone in the big Halifax house!!! :grin: