• Tweets

• Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

mtb v black horse

alamand
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6147 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

High i've just recieved my sar from black horse, it is for a settled account i paid off last year.The statement says i had £50 LPI & FEES charged and then paid, £50 Coll Activity Charged then paid. Thats the only 2 charges they have quoted on my sar. I have got the letters for those charges which they sent out at the time they charged me,but i also have another letter for another £50 of charges they charged me but they havnt put them on the sar.Is this illegal ? One is dated october and one february but i dont know which one is missing cos the sar doesnt give dates only charges.The coll act charge is a different date which i have the letter. So all in all £150 in charges not £100. Both the LPI fees are when they issued a default. Can anybody help please on what to do next.

what i'm wanting to know is do i send the letter requesting all 3 charges and when they reply quoting theres only 2 charges tell them i've got the letters proving theres 3 charges. Also is there anything i can quote regarding the law that they have missed off a charge of £50 off the sar.Also when they sent the sar for this account they sent me a sar for another settled account with Charted Trust which was for a car which i part exchanged. Can i claim the £150 charges on that account as well, i didnt even know charted trust was part of Black Horse and i thought there were no charges on that account as we part exed the car.Do i request both accounts on same letter ?

I.ve just recieved sar from Black Horse for a settled acc. There are 2 charges for £100 but i have letters to prove i had 3 charges totaling £150. Do i reply by asking for £150 and when they reply stating theres only £100 in charges send them a copy of the letters i have got.Is it a criminal offence to omitt charges.They also sent sar for another sett acc with Charted Trust with £150 charges on that,i didnt know charted trust was a part of black horse,do i ask for those charges on the same letter as the other charges so £300 in all?

High i've just recieved my statement from Black Horse.The statement seems to tally from opening to close except they sold the account to Lewis debt services in february 05 for £300 and then accepted 2 payments of £5 after they sold it.The statement has 1 charge for Coll Acty of £50 in feb 05 but the letter i have saved, states that they charged Coll Acty in oct 04 for £50 but it is not on the statement. I also have 2 more letters saying they were charging me £50 LPI fees but i cant see these on the statement either(they sent those letters with default notices but the default notices arnt on my credit files, there is a default on the file but this coincides with when they sold the debt to Lewis not with the letters) I dont know if i can claim the 2 charges because i cant see them added on the statement,but if they didnt add them on, why did they send letters saying they did. Can anybody help please ?

• 1 month later...

Hi just to update.

Blackhorse sent statements for the account i asked for and also another account i didnt know nothing about.

The account i knew about had £50 in charges on the statements but i had 3 letters saying they were going to charge £50 in each letter, so i queried this.

The other account had £130 in charges.

Anyway they replied saying they didnt put the charges on my account (which tallies with the statements ) but as a matter of goodwill will refund me £130.

I have accepted this amount as it is only £50 short, i have put cheque in bank, but it seems strange they have offered me this amount without any arguing or bartering.

Very odd to give in straight away.

Any way I am £130 better off, i can now chase somebody else.

Many Thanks.