• Tweets

• Talking to them does not reset the time limit, although they will probably tell you it does, they'd be lying. Dumbdales are the in-house sols for Lowlife, just the next desk along. If Lowlifes were corresponding with you at your current address then Dumbdales know your address. However, knowing that they are lower than a snake's belly, you would be well advised to send them a letter, informing them of your current address and nothing else. Get 'proof of posting' which is free from the PO counter, don't sign it, simply type your name. That way then they have absolutely no excuse for attempting a back door CCJ.   P.S. Best course of action, IGNORE them, until or unless you get a claim form......you won't.
    • A 'signed for' Letter of Claim has been sent today so they have 14 days from tomorrow... Lets wait and see what happens but i suspect judging by their attitude they wont reply 
    • I am extremely apprehensive about burning our files.... I do not know why, so it is becoming an endless feedback loop. Scared to pull the trigger to speak in the desire not to mess up my file. 
    • Hi All, So brief outline. I have Natwest CC debt £8k last payment i made was 7th November 2018 Not a penny since. So coming up to the 6 year mark. Can't remember when i took out the  credit card would be a few years before everythign hit the fan. Moved house 2020 - updated NatWest as I still have a current account with them. Then Lowells took over from Moorcroft and were writing to me at my current address. I did get a family member to speak to them 3 years ago regarding the debt explained although it may be in my name I didn't rack it up then went contact again. 29th may received an email from overdales saying they were now managing the debt. I have not had any letter yet which i thought is odd?  Couple of questions 1. Does my family member speaking to lowell restart statute barred clock? 2. Do you think overdales aren't writing to me because they will back door CCJ to old address even though Lowells have contacted me at current address never at previous? ( have no proof though stupidly binned all letters  ) Should I write to them and confirm my address just incase? Does this restart statute barred clock? 3. what do you think best course of action is?   Any help/advice is appreciated I am aware they may ramp up the process now due to 7th December being the 6 year mark.   Many Thanks in advance! The threads on here have been super helpful to read.  
    • Hello all, just got this from my bank today.   ” Update on your payment refund As you know we temporarily refunded the amount(s) of £381.98 to your account pending investigation. We’re pleased to confirm that an additional amount of £359.99 has also been refunded to your account by the retailer on 18th March 2024. What will happen next To correct this situation, arrangements will be made on 6th June 2024 to reverse the original refund supplied from us.  Our file in respect of this matter will now be closed, which we trust is satisfactory.”   Not sure what to do as I was previously told if I hear nothing back after a certain date that would be the case closed now it’s been changed to the 6th of June. and as you see I’m not getting a full refund I don’t know wether to contact them again and try to get the £20, or if I even can at this point? Thanks again.   
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Hi All .. I am Just starting a new claim so every little helps !!!!!!

loz1973
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6111 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Lol

my first time on and cant believe what i've been reading. Your story almost exactly the same as mine. I got my charges info in dribs and drabs, six months info was missing and they 'lost' my £10 cheque fee to keep the process dragging on. I eventuallt sent my claim letter by registered post last week and it was signed for on the 21st. Haven't heard a thing but after reading the recent experiences on here it looks like I am goin all the way!! Will keep an eye out for how you are getting on - dread to think I'll need to take it to court but need to be determined to keep going at them. Fingers crossed

Hi all

New info received another letter this morning smack bang on the 4 week mark for the 1st LBA. Saying thanks for being patient but they are doing a Thoreau investigation and they will write again in 4 weeks to let me know how they are getting on etc.......

oh my god it is like a text book now having spent the last 2 months reading up on other threads.

I am still sorting paperwork out in between work kids and school runs and also looking after my friends kids after school as well, how mad am i. Never mind i hope the big fat cheque will be worth it in the end and the smug satisfaction of doing over the Abby as they did to me when times were hard.

Well after my little rant to nobody in particular I'll head off to bed so i may live to fight another day !!!!!! Night to you all.

Hi loz

The earliest T & C's I have found anywhere are these:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/abbey-bank/101308-t-cs-nov-1998-a.html

There was a link on an archive page for Dec 1997, but on reading the T & C's they are post 2005?? :confused:

Sorry probably doesn't help.

Best regards

Jo xx

Six Nations Champions 2009

Triple Crown 2009

Grand Slam 2009

:cool::-D:cool:

Thanks Kia, Also this by the way is doing my head in

How do i work out what my daily rate of interest is?

STILL on with my N1 Confused a bit but getting there!!

Also when handing in my N1 do i give copies of all correspondence between Abbey and Myself or does that come later

YOU BY THE WAY ARE A GOD SEND

right as far as the n1 forms you only hand in the two copies of the form and your up to date spreadsheet with it and as for the interest what have you entered all your figures in cos the one ive got does it itself just adds it up as its going along and you just print it off when you need to take the forms in ok thank you nice to hear xxkia ps i still get mixed up even now just ask

• Haha 1

My spreadsheet has across the top - amount, Date incurred, Days since offense & interest 8% APR totals at the bottom are amount +2223.81 interest 654.81 Combined Total 2877.81

Don't think it has a daily interest rate

Sorry if this may seem a little basic but could anyone tell me what i should be putting for schedule of claim charges, ie is this how long i wait until next letter or the from when the unlawful changes began.

thanks I dont want to mess things up.

Mark

Hi Schedule of claim charges is a spread sheet of all your charges listed by date and it will work out interest etc....

If you go to the templates library it is in there and also all letters needed how far are u in your claim ????

I can't do links but if you look above user cp and click on the 1st consumer action group the bank templates are listed there hope this helps

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/

OH my god i think I've done it !!!!

OK I'm stumped because i copied of the templates and it says this see below:-

Charges £2.193.00

Interest under s.69 County Courts Act 1984 £654.81

Court Fee £120.00

TOTAL £ 2967.81

Plus interest pursuant to S.69 County Courts Act 1984 from date of issue to date of judgment/settlement at £xx.xx per day [(enter daily rate here -xxxx 0.00022 = OR at such rate and for such periods as the court deems just.

I'm stuck on the red bit, (hope I'm not being thick here, as i do tend to be sometimes). LOL

Thanks for you Patience

Hi i opened a new page up looked for what i needed and highlighted (right 2 left) and copied all up to the 2 http// then clicked on the world with a chain link in my post and it came up with a box that had http// and pasted the clicked OK.

Does it work??? the link i did???

Hi loz

No, you are not being thick at all - had me stumped for a bit too.

Anyway, it is the value of your charges x 0.00022, so yours would be:

2,193.00 x 0.00022 = 0.48, so daily rate is 48p.

Hope that helps.

Best regards

Jo xx

Triple Crown 2009

Grand Slam 2009

Thank you, Thank You, Thank you

:D :D :D :D :D :D

That one has had me confused for a while, i was thinking along the right tracks but it wouldn't click into place.

OK last question for tonight on the N! in the box at bottom of page 1

Amount claimed

Court fee

Solicitor's costs

Total amount

Do i put amount claimed 2193.00 or include the interest in this which would make it 2847.81 then 120 for court fee and total will be 2967.81

or do i leave off interest as i have stated under the Value section

i wish to claim interest at 8% with a daily rate until judgment.

My head is banging finished N1 after this question is answered Wohoo!!!!

i just did interest till n1 form went in but i think when you do the court bundle you redo the spreadsheet with new amount in it so you put the amount with the interest on it so yes id put in the £2847.81+120 court fee and then the sum total so yes £2967.81 hope this is helpful its really confusing i know my head was split with all the numbers but you get there in the end xxkia

Hello Loz,

Sorry to intrude on your thread. I've been watching it very closely. You're one step ahead of me and your thread has been a great help. Thanks a million.

I'm just starting to fill in the N1 but like you was stuck on the daily interest rate....Little confused. Had a brief interest calculatin lesson from a collegue in accounts at work. If the annual rate is 8% then the daily rate should be 8 divided by 365 = 0.021 not 0.00022. That daily rate would total 0.08%. Is this right or am I being extremly thick...??

As this hasn't been asked would you happen to know if I'm reading this part right ? That the 8% and the daily rate are one and the same which means the spreadsheet does it for you.

) The claimant claims interest under section 69 of the County Courts Act 1984 at the rate of 8% a year, from [date when the money became owed to you] to [the date you are issuing the claim] of £ [amount] and also interest at the same rate up to the date of judgment or earlier payment at a daily rate of [enter the daily rate of interest]

Would really appreciate your help?

Hi again loz

Amount claimed is your total charges plus interest to the actual date you submit your N1, plus your SAR fee if you paid it.

I did mine on 22nd June, so I printed off the schedule that morning, which had updated the calculations to that date.

Hope that helps.

Best regards

Jo xx

Triple Crown 2009

Grand Slam 2009

Hi Schedule of claim charges is a spread sheet of all your charges listed by date and it will work out interest etc....

If you go to the templates library it is in there and also all letters needed how far are u in your claim ????

I can't do links but if you look above user cp and click on the 1st consumer action group the bank templates are listed there hope this helps

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/

OH my god i think I've done it !!!!

Thanks loz may of been a mix up ive done the spread sheet, but cant work out what to put for where it says Schedule of claim is this for example the 14 day I give them untill I post the next letter or is it the date from the chages began untill present.

I would feel daft getting this bit wrong.

cheers