Abbey Credit Cards included too?

superclio
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6221 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I notice that all the info on both this and Money Saving Expert websites relate to current accounts only. If the charges are illegal for this are they not therefore also illegal in the case of credit card companies?

Does anyone know if I can add my credit card charges for late/missed payments?

Basically while I abroad I wired my monthly payments and one month they went missing. 6 months later Abbey admitted that they had been 'sitting on a ledger as they didn't know where to credit it' as the bank in the US had got one digit in my account number wrong. Nevertheless I had been calling the Global Advice Line for 6 months trying to track this money, and they recognized my voice and name I had been calling so often. I am also, aside from my parents, the only person listed in the phone book with my last name so I don't think it would have been too hard for Abbey to figure out the 1000 US$ 'sitting on the ledger' was my missing 1000 US$. The result was all my credit card payments bounced, not only did I get charged by Abbey for bouncing 5 different credit card payments but those 5 different credit card companies charged me late fees and bounced DD fees. Then they hiked up my low APRs to the point where all I could do was arrange and IVA and lose all my credit for the next 6 yrs. This, despite managing my account responsibly from abroad for over a year.

So...if anyone knows if I could claim for the credit card companies charges too I'd love to hear from them!