My Mortgage Fees Were Refunded!!!!!!!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6379 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

A while back I asked about getting mortgage redemption fees back from Leeds and Holbeck (4800 pounds) - well thanks to all the advice I got from this site I wrote to Leeds and Holbeck and they agreed to refund all the fees minus the interest they lost out on for the 2 months (I was tied in for five years and cancelled the mortgage 2 months before this was up). All this was completed within 2 weeks and I'm just waiting for my check to be posted out!!!

Thanks to all who gave me advice esp. robertxc whose quote I used in the letter to the bank. So anyone else with early redemption fees - try and get them back - I did!!

Now I'm just waiting on those other pesky banks to refund my charges.....

Still, this has given me the courage to go on!!!!!

THANKS!!!!:p

Not to be too blunt about it... But that's £4800 that you didn't think you had a hope of retrieving without this site... Which is in dire need of financial assistance to keep it up and running... I think you know where I'm going... Yellow_Flash_Colorz_PDT_08.gif

Totally at random... 5% of 4800 = 240 !!!!!

• Haha 1

If you have found this post (or any other post) useful ensure you click on the scales in the top right of that post to give credit where credit is due.:D

DO YOU HAVE A WEBSITE AND WANT TO PROVIDE A VALUABLE LINK TO THIS FORUM ? Go to this thread:-http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?p=52854

As ever, with (I believe most if not) all advice given on this website, I am not qualified to give any advice and you are duly warned that any decisions are your own decisions made on your own account and no liability will be accepted for any advice followed ! Use your own judgment.

Seek advice of a qualified, insured, professional if you have any doubts.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting.. maybe they forgot they didn't (and never did) hold the deeds. But anyway..

I'm not 100% sure but... N4B is probably using a slightly anachronistic term (dependant on if your property is registered or not)... The chances are your house doesn't have (or require) deeds anymore...

What I think N4B probably means is removing the note on the register refering to the mortgage charge on the property...

I doubt very much whether any banks physically hold the deeds any more and if they do it's only on a very small number of properties...

• Confused 1

If you have found this post (or any other post) useful ensure you click on the scales in the top right of that post to give credit where credit is due.:D

DO YOU HAVE A WEBSITE AND WANT TO PROVIDE A VALUABLE LINK TO THIS FORUM ? Go to this thread:-http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?p=52854

As ever, with (I believe most if not) all advice given on this website, I am not qualified to give any advice and you are duly warned that any decisions are your own decisions made on your own account and no liability will be accepted for any advice followed ! Use your own judgment.

Seek advice of a qualified, insured, professional if you have any doubts.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6379 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks