• Tweets

• Hello All,  I’m hoping someone can help me urgently here. Firstly, I’d like to say I have read multiple other threads and have some what an idea of what I should be doing, however my case might be slightly different so coming with my own questions here.    my situation is I lived in Dubai and had a credit card and a loan, loan with HSBC and credit card with Emirates (or the other way round), I lost my job and was forced to leave the country as I was staying in the country on my companies visa.    since coming back, after a few years 2 different debt collections agencies have been approaching me (one being IDRW and the other J&P). I’ve never answered IDRWW and they constantly chase me by calling and messaging me and my employer. My current company is ok with this as I explained the situation but I’m soon to be joining a new company who definitely won’t be ok with being messaged and called.    I’m afraid to continue to ignore them as they may message and calm the new employer as they have before and I’ll lose my job.    However, it seems clear from these forums that dealing with the debt collection agencies is never a good idea. You shouldn’t agree to the amount or pay anything.    j&p caught me on my phone but I still have sent them any money or confirmed the amount they’re saying is owed, they keep pushing to pay off the “principal” amount by making monthly payments, from reading these forums it seems like if I make one of those payments (they have provided bank details for ENBD), then it’ll just be paying off interest and not actually clearing the principle debt and the bank won’t even approve receipt of payment or that it’s coming off principle.    this is my predicament as ignoring them might not be an option if they chase my new employer. Maybe there’s a way to ensure the debt collection agency don’t contact my new employer?? I don’t know? Massively appreciate peoples help here. Thanks, 
    • Hello All,  I’m hoping someone can help me urgently here. Firstly, I’d like to say I have read multiple other threads and have some what an idea of what I should be doing, however my case might be slightly different so coming with my own questions here.    my situation is I lived in Dubai and had a credit card and a loan, loan with HSBC and credit card with Emirates (or the other way round), I lost my job and was forced to leave the country as I was staying in the country on my companies visa.    since coming back, after a few years 2 different debt collections agencies have been approaching me (one being IDRW and the other J&P). I’ve never answered IDRWW and they constantly chase me by calling and messaging me and my employer. My current company is ok with this as I explained the situation but I’m soon to be joining a new company who definitely won’t be ok with being messaged and called.    I’m afraid to continue to ignore them as they may message and calm the new employer as they have before and I’ll lose my job.    However, it seems clear from these forums that dealing with the debt collection agencies is never a good idea. You shouldn’t agree to the amount or pay anything.    j&p caught me on my phone but I still have sent them any money or confirmed the amount they’re saying is owed, they keep pushing to pay off the “principal” amount by making monthly payments, from reading these forums it seems like if I make one of those payments (they have provided bank details for ENBD), then it’ll just be paying off interest and not actually clearing the principle debt and the bank won’t even approve receipt of payment or that it’s coming off principle.    this is my predicament as ignoring them might not be an option if they chase my new employer. Maybe there’s a way to ensure the debt collection agency don’t contact my new employer?? I don’t know? Massively appreciate peoples help here. Thanks,  Hello All,  I’m hoping someone can help me urgently here. Firstly, I’d like to say I have read multiple other threads and have some what an idea of what I should be doing, however my case might be slightly different so coming with my own questions here.    my situation is I lived in Dubai and had a credit card and a loan, loan with HSBC and credit card with Emirates (or the other way round), I lost my job and was forced to leave the country as I was staying in the country on my companies visa.    since coming back, after a few years 2 different debt collections agencies have been approaching me (one being IDRW and the other J&P). I’ve never answered IDRWW and they constantly chase me by calling and messaging me and my employer. My current company is ok with this as I explained the situation but I’m soon to be joining a new company who definitely won’t be ok with being messaged and called.    I’m afraid to continue to ignore them as they may message and calm the new employer as they have before and I’ll lose my job.    However, it seems clear from these forums that dealing with the debt collection agencies is never a good idea. You shouldn’t agree to the amount or pay anything.    j&p caught me on my phone but I still have sent them any money or confirmed the amount they’re saying is owed, they keep pushing to pay off the “principal” amount by making monthly payments, from reading these forums it seems like if I make one of those payments (they have provided bank details for ENBD), then it’ll just be paying off interest and not actually clearing the principle debt and the bank won’t even approve receipt of payment or that it’s coming off principle.    this is my predicament as ignoring them might not be an option if they chase my new employer. Maybe there’s a way to ensure the debt collection agency don’t contact my new employer?? I don’t know? Massively appreciate peoples help here. Thanks, 
    • Date of issue –   13 may 2024 AOS date 31st may defence filing date 14th june plenty of lowell card claimform threads here use our enhanced google searchbox Lowell card claimform id be reading at least 5-10 threads a day. do NOT MISS your defence filing whatever happens.  
    • Hello All,  I’m hoping someone can help me urgently here. Firstly, I’d like to say I have read multiple other threads and have some what an idea of what I should be doing, however my case might be slightly different so coming with my own questions here.    my situation is I lived in Dubai and had a credit card and a loan, loan with HSBC and credit card with Emirates (or the other way round), I lost my job and was forced to leave the country as I was staying in the country on my companies visa.    since coming back, after a few years 2 different debt collections agencies have been approaching me (one being IDRW and the other J&P). I’ve never answered IDRWW and they constantly chase me by calling and messaging me and my employer. My current company is ok with this as I explained the situation but I’m soon to be joining a new company who definitely won’t be ok with being messaged and called. I’m afraid to continue to ignore them as they may message and calm the new employer as they have before and I’ll lose my job. However, it seems clear from these forums that dealing with the debt collection agencies is never a good idea. You shouldn’t agree to the amount or pay anything.    j&p caught me on my phone but I still haven't sent them any money or confirmed the amount they’re saying is owed, they keep pushing to pay off the “principal” amount by making monthly payments, from reading these forums it seems like if I make one of those payments (they have provided bank details for ENBD), then it’ll just be paying off interest and not actually clearing the principle debt and the bank won’t even approve receipt of payment or that it’s coming off principle.    this is my predicament as ignoring them might not be an option if they chase my new employer. Maybe there’s a way to ensure the debt collection agency don’t contact my new employer?? I don’t know? Massively appreciate peoples help here. Thanks, 
    • The clock is ticking for savings providers. They now have just a few weeks left to get their act together and start offering loyal customers a good deal.View the full article
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

overflow v abbey

overflow
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6092 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi England,

Im a bit puzzled as to what to do seeing as they have aready put it into my bank.

Do I email them to tell them ive acknowledged the amount and that iaccept it in part payment but that i still intend to file either tomorrow or Friday, or should I tell them to take it out of my account and just reject it totally still telling them that i still intend to file?

I really dont know what to do:?

See I dont want to leave it too long as they might take my silence as some sort oacceptance ad think that Im not going to persue the full amount .

Also if it does get to court (once ive filed) will it look bad on my part that ive accepted it but not acknowledged it , or rejected it or whatever?

See Im totally lost now , wish they hadnt done it. Dident really want to take it to court stage yet as money a bit low . Now seems like ill have to or else they will think im rolling over and playing dead.

Decisions , decisions . If you could offer some sort of advice id be very grateful

30-12-2006--Requested statements from Local Halifax.

02-02-2007--Statements Recieved.

18-04-2007--Prelim sent.

20-04-2007--Reply , Thanks , give us 8wks letter.

02-0502007--Sent L.B.A. & Schedule of Charges

11-05-2007--Recieved reply ,still investigating.

17-05-2007--Sent Amended L.B.A. for Contractual Interest this time.

14-06-2007--Received standard Bog Off letter.

13-06-2007--Took N1 to Local Courts.

26-06-2007--Copy of N1 from Court, issued 21-06-2007. to Halifax, Deemed Served 25-06-2007

Have till 09-07-2007 to file Defence.

05-07-2007--Note that Acknowledgment of Service been Filed on 29-06-2007.

Have 28 days from date of Service to File Defence.

07-07-2007--Offer from Halifax.

09-07-2007--Rejection letter sent to Halifax. Next day delivery.

10-07-2007--Money put in Account:mad:

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is how I saw the insult of a credit they gave me. ( Or my wife told me to think of it like this...) Imagine if I gained access to you account and took a large amount of cash over time, then you found out, I offered you 10% back and no apology, placed it in your pocket, whilst rubbing my hands all over your cash, telling you it cost XXXX amount for me to press my finger on the atm and use your pin number!

My mrs asked what would you do?

I replied "Thump the bast...."

"No" she replied, "You take them to court, and make em pay it all back and then some".

They do these things to scare and wind us up, use the advice on site and if you not happy with that offer, reject it ASAP

• Haha 1

Hi there

I had the same thing - money turned up in the bank 2 or 3 days before the letter telling me it would be done within 10 days :rolleyes:

You have to formally reject the offer as full settlement, and unfortunately you have to then give them a timescale to refund the rest of the charges before you start the Court claim.

Have a look here at the templates:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/25716-rejecting-offers.html

Also the advice is that if the GoGW payment was made very close to the expiry date of your LBA, then you only need to give them 7 days before you commence Court proceedings.

Hope that helps.

Best regards

Jo xx

• Haha 1

Six Nations Champions 2009

Triple Crown 2009

Grand Slam 2009

:cool::-D:cool:

Hi OHOH

Thanks for that. Ive recieved the letter today to say the bank has refunded my account with £273 (not, it was £240) as a gesture of goodwill LOL.

Ive decided now to use one of the letters on the site you sokindly gave me the link to .

I will need to alter it just a wee bit in keeping with my own circumstances of course ,but, it has come in very handy indeed.

I'll give them another wk or 10 das to refund all monies an I think ill send them an amended schedule of charges as well cause the one I sent previously only went up to May and there are a couple of new charges on my account now. Lets see if they like them there apples.:D

At least with sending them another letter it will allow me a bit more time to scratch the money together as well to file, Just in case they do take the money they refunded back from my account:-o

OOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWW HOPE THEY DONT!Will keep you updated anyhow.

Good luck to all .:)

18-04-2007--Prelim sent.

26-06-2007--Copy of N1 from Court, issued 21-06-2007. to Halifax, Deemed Served 25-06-2007

Hi England.

How rude of me , I forgot to thank you for your reply:o

I think my response would be to "Thump the ba*****'*" too, but no , I know they are just tryin to wind us all up.

But Hey "THATS NOT GOING TO HAPPEN".

I look upon this site as my "extended" family. Everybody is there for each other come rain or shine. Its such a comfort to know if you get stuck or feel down that someone will be there to give you a little nudge and get you moving again.

Thank you :)

18-04-2007--Prelim sent.

Well I sent the letter to shabby today to tell them that I want the full amount within 10 days , and authorizing them to take the money out of my account that they have put in if they wont agree to pay me in full.

I hope they think that the amount Im claiming is not worth going to court for .

Its only just over £900 so hopefully they wont bother , but, I bet they still make me wait for it.

Sure theres some Sadists working in the banks. Like the thought of making us all squirm and wiggle round like helpless tiddlers in their big pond , but they should realise by now that even little tiddlers grow into big fish and we'll jump up out of the pond and bite;)

I'll sit back now and wait I think they should get it on Monday so start the countdown from then.

Ill keep you all updated if I hear anything else in the meantime

Good Luck everyone :)

18-04-2007--Prelim sent.

Just quick update.

Still not heard from Shabby.

No news is good news eh.

18-04-2007--Prelim sent.

Hi overflow

Well I think you have no news because the whole of Triton Square is groaning under mountains of paperwork from us lot!!!!! ;)

They completely ignored my rejection letter, probably in the hope that I would give up - how wrong they were!!

I do wonder at their stupidity, or is it sheer pig-headedness? - forcing us to go to Court rather than just paying up is costing them thousands and thousands. Mind you, that's all the interest they have made on our money over the years, so they can afford it, but even a bank is not a bottomless pit of money.

Sorry, rant over!!

Watching and waiting :)

Best regards

Jo xx

Six Nations Champions 2009

Triple Crown 2009

Grand Slam 2009

:cool::-D:cool:

Hi OHOH

I think that they deserve all they get. If they have mountains of work tough, I hope its costing them loads to employ more staff as well surely they must be overworked. Feel sorry for the staff not their fault yet they must get some right old stick eh. I myself am not innocent of giving them that.:rolleyes:

Ive heard nothing yet and the money is just sitting in my bank.

Everytme I check it , it shouts at me to take it out and use it , but, I know I cant. VERY tempting though:cry: .

Perhaps we will both hear something soon . We hope anyway.

Im counting the days as well and if I dont hear Im off to the Courts and determined to get whats mine back.

Good Luck with your claim and chin up.

Regards :)

18-04-2007--Prelim sent.

Still nothing offthe Shabby.

Still the money is just sitting there. I keep checking to see if they have taken it out.

Postal strike today so pehaps tomorrow eh.;)

18-04-2007--Prelim sent.

They wont take it back overflow, they keep being asked to take these payments off the accounts and they continually say they are a gogw and the money is yours.

Abbey are experts at dragging things out and use the court timescales to the limit even though they know they are not going to appear, they simply push it till just before they are forced into court before making payment

:madgrin:

Hi ICY

Isnt this just what we'd expect. I sent the rejection letter on 6th July .

I know they got it on the 7th, I gave them 10 days to cough up or I'll file in Court.

The clock is tick-tick-ticking. They have till the 17th to reply. HA HA!.

I know darn well they wont. So I am at this moment sitting here and just about ready to do the amended spreadsheet.

Sick and tired of being messed with by these banks.

If they think I am going to roll over and play dead and accept their paltry offer as a GOGW (my A**E) they are sorely mistaken.

They continue to rip us all off even though we are taking them to court left, right and centre.

After reading an article the other day about the unusually high profit that the banks are making for their shareholders, I will not be trodden underfoot anymore. they are making billions per yr from the equity re the poor people who go overdrawn or those of us that have P. Loans , etc, they relend our money out then make a huge profit whilst all the time doing a double whammy on us. Not only charging us extortionate rates but then using our money to make more moneyto line the FAT CATS pockets.

Well this underdog is gonna have her day , whether its in Court or not , that is entirely up to them.:evil:

Gonna write and tell them of my intention to file in Court now as they have had all the time I will allow them. after all, they wouldnt allow us to owe them money for weeks , months , or years without some gain on their part so why the HELL should we.

There you go RANT OVER.

OMG I feel much better for that.:p

18-04-2007--Prelim sent.

Send your LBA off to them, but of course you know they will ignore it, but you have shown to have given them plenty of oportunity to settle, it doesnt take them 4 weeks, followed by a further 4 weeks to look at your schedule cross match them to the account details they hold and then send a payment out, go get em

:madgrin:

Still no word from the Shabby.

Wanted to file tomorrow but not sure if the old pennies will allow it:o

I sent them an LBA a while ago and in my rejection letter I said they had 7 days. thats up today so hopefully Ill be filing if I can get the moths out of my purse.:D

18-04-2007--Prelim sent.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All

Quick update, still not put N1 in yet (pennies a bit short) BUT Ive noticed that I had a cheque bounce last month so was expecting charges.

Sure enough there it was on the statement £35 charge , yet the same day another entry said £35 put back in. :cool: .

Didnt even ask for that, perhaps they wont put any more on cause they know Ill just claim them all back anyway.:)

18-04-2007--Prelim sent.

• 1 month later...

Hi Guys

Not posted on here for a while now. Reason being is that Ive just not had the pennies in bank to fork out for Court costs. Still not working, holiday looming and xmas not too long off, the purse strings wont stretch that far.

I know Ive got ( I think) 6 months to decide wether or not to carry on after Ive submitted the LBA so hopefully when I come back off my hols in mid-October Ill be able to get my teeth into it then.

Ive no intention whatsoever of letting them off with it , especially as only last week I was charged £50 for going £12.50 over my overdraught ( for 2 days) :mad: GGGGRRRRRRRRR

Im still going through it with my other claim also , Halifax one, been waiting to hear if Ive won Judgement now since 24th July,(bit of a mix up with the form I had sent).

Hopefully I should here something from them this coming week.

Good Luck to all on here and dont let this test case get you down.

Lets hope the news is good on 28th Sept.

18-04-2007--Prelim sent.

HI PSM

Thanks for that but not on any benefits so I'd have to cough up the cost myself.

Still waitin for the halifax to pay money into my account , Yea . got granted judgement . Getting the money off them is the real problem now, just hopeing they dont ask for judgement to be set aside.

Soon as I get it I will go after the Abbey, no probs.LOL

18-04-2007--Prelim sent.

Guest louis wu

this is from the county court website

If you show that the payment of a court fee would involve undue hardship to you, the Court Manager may reduce the fee or “remit” (say you do not have to pay) the fee.

I did contact my local court to ask for a time extension to pay, and had it granted. It wasn't long, but it was enough.

It may be worth a go, after all you have nothing to lose

good luck

louis

Hi Louis

Thanks for that but Im going on hols soon as well so will eventually get my teeth into it when I come back.

18-04-2007--Prelim sent.

Hi Louis

Thank you . Looking forward to it now , not too long to wait.

Just hope the money from the other bank is through, would make a difference to my hol.

Hope things are going ok with you.

18-04-2007--Prelim sent.