What Are My Rights?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6212 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hey suede. Fear not, this isn't the end of the world. The 521 quid will come in handy in reducing that overdraft and you will obviously need to aim to get it under the 600 quid mark in order to stop from getting any more charges.

I would imagine that there may be other charges further in the past that may increase this estimate so that might help but you will have to try and curb your ebay obsession at least for the time being in order to get back in the agreed overdraft :D;)

First things first, have a read of the step by step guide here...

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/faqs-please-read-these/25457-guide-reclaiming-bank-charges.html

If you have your statements for all the months you have been charged, you won't need to do the first stage (SAR) but do check you have all your statements as otherwise you might be missing some charges off. Also bear in mind you might be able to get hold of your charges from online banking as they go back a fair way.

Once you have your statements, you could have a read through this...

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/royal-bank-scotland/42749-bit-help-you-rbos.html

...I wrote up to help people identify what they can claim back and what they can't.

You may also want to send your bank a letter to tell them that the account is in dispute, that will ensure that the bank doesn't refer your account to a debt collection agency or take any further action against you until your complaint has been resolved. I shall find a link to a relevant letter for you later (in work atm and all my links are at home).

Lastly, if you are in a position where your income is being swollowed up by your overdraft every month, you could consider opening another account with someone else, transferring your income into their for the time being allowing your other account to "rot" until you have successfully claimed your charges back. Be aware though, that you should be seeking a basic account (ie without a switch card) as it would only be a temporary measure and you don't want to be credit scored in your current predicament.

• Haha 1

If my post has been useful, tip my scales and let me know

Always start with the User guide!

Stuck with RBS charges? Click here!!

RBS CA1 £2794 SETTLED!!! RBS CA2 £503 SETTLED!!! HBOS CC £498 SETTLED!!! Barclaycard £705 (with CCI) ONGOING!!! NATWEST CA ONGOING!!! LLOYDS CA x 2, CC, LOAN ONGOING!!! HFC LOAN ONGOING!!!

Do you anticipate their being any charges from further back??

No problems with the advice, any more questions, fire away.

RBS CA1 £2794 SETTLED!!! RBS CA2 £503 SETTLED!!! HBOS CC £498 SETTLED!!! Barclaycard £705 (with CCI) ONGOING!!! NATWEST CA ONGOING!!! LLOYDS CA x 2, CC, LOAN ONGOING!!! HFC LOAN ONGOING!!!

Use the one I link to in the RBS charges bit...

bump what?

Oh yeah misesd that bit sorry. Only once you go to court yeah??